MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Teach the bates method to someone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teach the bates method to someone
Hi everybody! I have a friend at school that is interested in doing the bates method. He's very myopic but he says that when he leaves his glasses he have some clear flashes sometimes even if he know nothing about the bates method.I would like to teach him the things to do because he don't say a word in english, so reading Bate's book is not an option for him.

I would like to have suggestion to know how to make my presentation more interesting and useful.
Have a nice day of improvement!
Alexandre,
Rather than focus on specific techniques right away, which may or may not work for your friend, emphasize to him the Bates method is all about relaxing the mind & the eyes. What makes HIM relaxed? Can he notice that he sees better then? When he is seeing poorly, have him take a moment & tune into his body & eyes, seeing if he can identify the area of strain, & then start to release it.

Remind him to wear his glasses as little as possible. Be a good example to him -- tell him what you did that worked for you, & how you recovered when you stumbled. People I've taught relate most to seeing an immediate improvement for themselves, even if temporary, which they can often get from palming. They also relate to the fact that I am NOT perfect myself & sometimes still struggle with human traits like lack of motivation, or knowing what I should be doing but doing something else, or letting my nervousness take me over & not being able to control it.

Good for you for wanting to share what you've learned. Let us know how it goes. Your enthusiasm would motivate anyone!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now