MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Effortlessness in other things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effortlessness in other things
Hi there,

I read on here a suggestion from Dave, which was about how we should practice doing other things effortlessly. Today I experimented walking effortlessly. What I did was walk at a very comfortable and steady pace...which unbeknown to me is quite a bit slower than I usually walk. This was a bit suprising....but I just went with it. While walking my eyesight also improved...it struck me that it's the mind which gets in the way...it's all about calming the mind..and while walking I was able to relax quite a bit and was able to reach the level of relaxation where my vision improved. I realise that usually I would walk too fast and navigate my way too much...today I just walked effortlessly - maybe this is something all of you can give a go. It helped that I wasn't in a rush as well!

Footballman
That's really cool. I have also found that deliberately walking slower than I feel I "have to" can be quite illuminating. My Father was quite impatient and would take me by the neck as a child if he felt I was dallying. That contributed to a way of walking where I'm either rushing numbly forward or dragging my feet.
There is a powerful practice where you walk extremely slowly and give all your attention to the sensations of moving your limbs, making contact with the ground, shifting your weight, etc. It can lead to a richer more relaxed experience of moving.
I was focusing today on the effort, fretfulness, and resignation I have when it comes to $money$. I've decided that I need to reprogram myself to love money and welcome it into my life, to trust myself to obtain that which I need to be comfortable and acquire more to fully enjoy life. As I walked up the sidewalk exchanging my worried thoughts for thoughts of plenty and being deserving I could see new details in my surrounding. O0
That sounds good Otto. I've read on some self development forums that it helps to have a mindset of abundance and to be welcoming to receiving things. Money is only a means to an exchange for things anyway...so I think it will help more to focus your attention not on the money per se, but on what you would really like it for. I think this is more in line with new age ideas.

Just on another note on being comfortable when doing things, I've found myself wearing more and more comfortable clothes recently and this has meant not wearing jeans so much - since I find them uncomfortable most of the time. Instead I wear jogging bottoms, which aren't as fashionable - but are much more comfortable.

Footballman
Man, we could do a whole thread on comfortable footwear! I spend all my time indoors in bare feet or socks in the winter, or flat slippers to go down to the cement basement. Most of my shoes are low clogs which I can slide my feet out of at the earliest opportunity. I am continually appalled at the tight high-heeled shoes many women try to stand or walk in. Comfort is primary!
Wow! What a wonderful feeling of walking effortlessly! Every moves you do seems to be perfectly controlled and effortless. My eyesight instantly improve and I'm able to keep it near perfecty (my sight is always swithching between 10/15 and 10/10) as long as I walk perfectly, as long as my moves flow perfectly. It's obviously the way that I will have to take to improve my sight faster.
My new DC shoes are so much more comfortable than others shoes I had in the past. They weight and feel like nothing.

I found that I walked always at the wrong speed and that I rushed too much. This is the kind of thing easier to say than to apply in real life but Wow, walking at your own speed is so delightful in comparison to rushing is every direction like most people do these days.
-Alexandre

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now