MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Progress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress
I am a newbie at this, been doing it for almost 2 months. I have seen an improvement.

my last eye exam 11 months ago showed I was -6.5 myopic.
After finding about the Bates method, reading some of his book and all of relearning how to see book, I got some foundations that I could take and use every day.

I was seeing really well (with my contacts) so I decided to under correct, when I dont see so clearly I will have an incentive to "remember" to use the good habits. Every time things are doubled or blurred, just remember the new habits.. breath, blink, dont squint, relax, sketch .. and see better.

My eye sight changes, day to day, if I dont sleep well I dont see well; if I am reading a lot I see worse.. if I am rested and relaxed, just meditated I see much better..

People that tell you your eyesight is fixed as BS'ing, cos they eyesight clearly changes regularly. Why not change it BACK to what it was when I was a kid?

With -6.5 contact.. my sight improved in 1 week I was bothered by how strong the contacts where.

I tried -6.0 contacts and was seeing better than 20/20 - I have not see this clearly in a long time! I was very happy to see that clearly. But I was forgetting the habits since I was seeing so clearly. I was not kidding myself, my eyesight was still really bad (without the lences)

I tried -5.5 contacts for 1 day, and could see 20/20

So, now I am using -5.0 contacts I am "under correcting" (I am not correcting, and under is not the correct word here either). I am using less powerful contacts in a way that I see well enough to drive but in a way that I am constantly reminded that I am not seeing clearly enough. 3 weeks and counting.

I see well enough to drive a car but not 20/20. Now MORE THAN EVER I can see how some times on certain days I see 20/20 , other times I see less better. I have a chart at home that I use sometimes.. and I can see when I relax and breath and blink I SEE BETTER ! My eyesight changes.. every minute of the day.

I am also reminded to see clearly in a small spot. I had a very bad habit of seeing everything infront of me clearly, which is what myopics do, we want to see the world all at once clearly, but this strains the eyes. It is the toughest habit to learn, to not see everything clearly at once, and to see one spot clearly and then MOVE those eyes around if you want to see other objects clearly Smile

This is my experience so far.
I am here to tell you that FOR ME, this works, my eyesight changes, depending on the strain on my eyes, depending on habits, relaxation, stress etc.
Hi,
I've heard about improving eyesight naturaly. i've also heard about palming and im doing it every night before giong to sleep for about 15-20 minutes. Ive been doing it about 3 weeks now but I didn't notice any imporvement so far. I don't know if Im just too impatient or if im not doing the palming the good way. Maybe it's because my myopia is only -1.75 so i cant see any improvement, I don't know. Can't you help me? Is there some signs of progress? Does it really works? Please answar me.
Vid Wrote:Hi,
I've heard about improving eyesight naturaly. i've also heard about palming and im doing it every night before giong to sleep for about 15-20 minutes. Ive been doing it about 3 weeks now but I didn't notice any imporvement so far. I don't know if Im just too impatient or if im not doing the palming the good way. Maybe it's because my myopia is only -1.75 so i cant see any improvement, I don't know. Can't you help me? Is there some signs of progress? Does it really works? Please answar me.

The best way of finding out improvements is noticing whether your eyes/mind feel more or less strain after palming. For that you need some awareness of the physical sensations in your eyes - if your eyes feel refreshed and less strained then improvement is definitely occuring. Also, you will feel more mentally relaxed. If this happens, then you are improving.
When you say you don't notice improvement, do you mean you can't see 20/20 yet? Natural vision improvement is gradual. It's not an intellectual process but rather being aware of the physical sensations in your eyes and noticing how your eyes move, how your head moves, whether there is tension in your neck, etc. All those things affect vision greatly and if you can be aware of them, you might notice your vision improving very quickly. The improvement will be temporary but it will come more frequently the more relaxed you can make yourself. Eventually the improvements will become permanent.
How much time each day do you notice what's happening in your eyes? What are they doing; straining, staring, etc.? Learning to focus attention on your eyes (without immobilising them) may help you a great deal to relieve any strain in them. This might go against conventional wisdom on these boards and elsewhere but doing this has been helping me greatly. I do not mean to sit there meditating constantly on your eyes as it will indeed tend to suppress their movement but to keep mentally checking how they're feeling. By doing that you might learn how to prevent strainor even reduce strain if it hasn't gotten too bad. The best course of actio nseems to be prevention so before and after any stressful visual activity it's worth palming for a while, not just before going to bed which is still a good time, but you could perhaps do 5 minutes of palming after you've used a computer or after dridring or any activity that creates strain for you. We often take our eyes for granted and expect them to work flawlessly all the time, no matter how we treat them.
Cheers, John

(also, part of the myopic condtion seems to be a disregard our eyes generally. If our eyes are strained we keep doggedly using them in the same manner any way; our tolerance for eyes train is unnaturally high. What this means is that you will be doing things to your eyes any normal person never would so be aware of that tendency in yourself. It is probably something all myopes do to an extent. So instead of becoming tolerant to any strain in your eyes, become intlerannt and try to aim for a relaxed feeling in your eyes at all times. That is what is normal. Eyes strain is definitely ababnormal. Do not accept any other state of affairs for your eyes, even if you have in the past or others do, if if others encourage you to.)

n
Based on my experience, it's all about changing habits. Not easy but possible.

I use a Snellen chart to quantify any progress.
Hi Seeker,

If you get a chance, read what Mordant says about palming under a 'Skeptic Asks'. He has a worthwhile take on the value palming

Cheers, John
A quick note...

I continue to see progress, now I am wearing a -4.00 lens. Smile

My progress is slow. I do not practice all the correct habits, i dont do palming or sunning enough and I am wearing contact lenses (under-correcting) and I am still seeing an improvement, clearly Smile

When I get to see clearly with a -3.5 lens i will go to get my eyes checked out, get a prescription and glasses (once I start using glasses I expect --based on what I've read-- for the progress to accelerate)

THIS WORKS - keep at it. Amazon.com has a few good Bates methods books. The power of your mind, min-body, is real. If you can see it you will achieve it.
The only book i bought was the "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses" from American Vision Institute. Let's see if it works
Seeker,you suggest to relax all the time when watching small points? I have myope like you, -3.25 each eye. what you do to see better? Close a little your eyes or open more?
I think i see better a little when trying close my eyes and more clear when open them. Do you feel the same?
DaniFixe Wrote:The only book i bought was the "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses" from American Vision Institute. Let's see if it works
Seeker,you suggest to relax all the time when watching small points? I have myope like you, -3.25 each eye. what you do to see better? Close a little your eyes or open more?
I think i see better a little when trying close my eyes and more clear when open them. Do you feel the same?

I read the book "Improve Your Vision Without Glasses or Contact Lenses". I would NOT recommend this one! I do not think this is a Bates-method book.

These are better books, truly Bates method books - I will rate the 2 books that I have read:

- Relearning to See: Improve Your Eyesight -- Naturally! by Thomas R. Quackenbush (5/5)
- Improve Your Eyesight: A Guide to the Bates Method for Better Eyesight Without Glasses- Jonathan Barnes (5/5)
- Better Vision Now: Improve Your Sight with the Renowned Bates Method Better Vision Now: Improve Your Sight with the Renowned Bates Method - Clara A. Hackett, et al
- The Bates Method for Better Eyesight Without Glasses - William H. Bates

Or you can download free e-books here:
- <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/books/">http://www.iblindness.org/books/</a><!-- m -->
- <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.visionsofjoy.org/download.htm">http://www.visionsofjoy.org/download.htm</a><!-- m -->
But, I think i see better a little when trying close my eyes and more clear when open them. Do you feel the same?
DaniFixe, it's more than that. It's a collection of good vision habits and a few exercises, in my opinion if i had to summaries the bates method I'd say it's about relaxation, seeing without strain and of course remembering correct vision habits that we were born with.

Looking at a small point, you need to not strain, not stare either; you want to blink comfortably, relax, shift your eyes (don't stare), and breath.. also you want to do sunning, palming, swaying amongst other good exercises, if you can even call them that (they are very relaxed that I dont consider them exercises. I see them as relaxation methods).

I liked the book "Relearning to See: Improve Your Eyesight -- Naturally! by Thomas R. Quackenbush" it is a thick book, full of info, yet easy to read and has very good illustrations and the chapters make sense.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now