MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
"American Vision Institute" method?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"American Vision Institute" method?
Hi,
I recently purchased a book called . I bought the book: "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses" because I thought it was short and to the point. I have the book "Relearning to see" which is great but it is too waffley and not very to the point. Does anoyone know of a clear to-the-point list of bates eye exercises instructions anywhere? I have a lot of ideas from "Relearning to see" but the information is a bit disjointed and I would have liked to seen a sample days regimen in there or something.

Back to the book "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses". I am unsure of the book as it might be quite different to the Bates  method as Bates is not even mentioned in the book. I have only read a small bit of it but flicking through the exercises it goes through natural vision habits and some examples are: "Slow blinking" and "squeeze blinking". Now I was under the impression that blinking was meant to be quick, light and effortless all the time. The impression I get is that the exercises are more strenous and "train" the eye muscles to become stronger. I prefer the idea of relaxation as this seems more natural(or maybe I am jsut lazy lol).

About hard-blinking, I used to have a hard blinking habit and it was definately not something I wanted to keep as Iit was 1) uncomfortable for me, 2) Looked odd to others, one person thought I was a druggy. The writers of the book are members of "The American Vision Institute" by the way, does anyone know of this organisation?

Cheers
Magitek,

People ask that a lot. Now my answer is that you have two options: Either learn about it by reading at least a couple books, learning how to apply it and what to spend time on (and getting help from others such as in forums like this), or else take some lessons from a Bates teacher and get to-the-point info quickly that applies to you. There are a lot of vision improvement books out there, but "Improve your vision without glasses or contact lenses" (by the See Clearly Method people) is one of the worst - it's inconsistent and too dumbed-down.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks. Can you recommend that is good and a condensed summary of the Bates method? I am student who shouldn't spend too much money and I have a lot of books I need to buy already...
www.iblindness.org/books/
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I think perhaps that, particularly in the beginning, many people expect to find a step-by-step method for vision improvement. As Dave pointed out you could probably find this with a Bates vision teacher who would be able to customise the instruction for you, but when it comes to self-teaching most people will probably have to understand the process in order to do it (even if it's just a basic understanding).

I find the Relearning to See book to contain lots of great information, and I think your displeasure with the book might be that you're not looking at vision improvement as education, but instead hoping to find a non-thinking pre-made routine.

Over time, my initial frustrations with Bates' methods (when I first read his book) later turned into admiration. His "exercises" are absolutely ingenious, given that vision improvement is a psychological process - how do you get through to the minds of people regarding a subconscious process who all think differently, simply with words in a book??
I do the exercises from the free version: http://www.visiontherapy.net/order2.php

I did detailing and some squezing 15 minutes ago and had 2 clear flashes, but they did not last long. I don't know if they're any good in the long run. Does anybody have any experience with this program? I would greatly appreciate it if you share your thoughts on this method.

Edit: Even if it's rubbish, everyone should have a look at it because 'accupuncture' and 'jetting' does good for you if you have dry eyes.
I've also been doing alot of the AVI methods, and the squeezing has helped me immensely! I get many clear flashes and it keeps my eyes moist. Plus I like how they explain "How to do it" and "What it does".
Just my 2cents...
~Diana
I would suggest not to do anything that is artificial and unnatural such as sqeezing the eyes. It can temporarily deform the cornea and cause improved vision but it will not be beneficial in the long run. Pressing the eyes or shutting the eyes firmly cause pressure on the eyeball and inner structures which is certainly not a good thing. Note that nobody has weak eye muscles unless they have some muscle atrophy disease, because eye muscles are several times stronger than what they need to be and poor vision is rarely due to weak eye muscles and you cannot strengthen them. It is like Arnold thinking that he needs some exercises to lift a 1 kg barbell. The eye muscles are in spasm due to eye strain which has its root in the subconscious mind. When the particular mental strain is released, the eye muscle spasm automatically reduces and brings the eye into focus. Any eye exercise must be effortless - anything that is artificial such as vigorously rolling the eyes or sqeezing it has little to do with the Bates method. Massages around the eyes or acupunture near the eyes is good and can give good temporarily relief. But for permanent relief you must relieve the cause of symptoms and not the symptoms themselves. Learn to relax the mind and eyes and you wont need any power exercises on the eyes.
For Magitek;
http://www.cleareyesight.info
Free Bates activities in quick to learn picture form.
Information simplified from Bates books, magazines, classes and a variety of natural vision improvement books.
Learn, apply the basic 8 correct vision habvits = normal eye function.
Once practiced, these become automatic, you do not need to practice unless you catch yourself staring, need to reinforce correct use of the eyes.
Also choose a couple of the movement, relaxation, other activities you are comfortable with, enjoy doing.
Thanks for posting that site! It's very helpful!
I do have a question though, the reason I looked at the AVI website in the first place is because my husband and brother have an astigmatism (I do not), and it has astigmatism exercises. Is there something specific that Dr Bates recommends for astigmatism, or will doing the basic exercises heal it?

Thanks!
~Diana
Oops! Posted too soon, I should've looked the site over a little better, I found the article on Astigmatism. ;D

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now