MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Your Bates-Related Spurts of Wisdom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Bates-Related Spurts of Wisdom
Today I was long-swinging, and this popped into my mind: Your eyes can't crash into anything. And then I let go of them.

Ever get any tiny little Bates-revelations on your way to relaxation?
Indeed I think everyone with vision problems has this feeling of holding on to one's eyes. I think it's because the eye muscles are tense and contracted and are "holding" on to the eye ball.

People with normal vision don't have to think about their eyes or hold on to them.

Hey, Summon-Pretty-Peace, this is really good topic!
I am definitvely having lots of these bates a-ha moments thru the day!
At the end it comes, "this is what I am doing!" OR "this is how eyes work" OR "this is what no strain means"
Here ti is (I can't remember every single moment but as they come to me I'll put them here):

SWING: (one part is similar as you say - not sticking on any detail, just flow over everything)
and
I black out!! do not black out but flow freely over all the details of room, or space, beach, wherever you are.
What does this mean: I am literally not seeing anything between the starting and ending point when turning my head. In movement, my brain does not process information until the head stops.
what is the reason for this: Yes, this is type of strain and I think the one developed during long years of wearing glasses. I remembered (can you imagine I relaly remembered, as this was hard for me to do initially - to remember the yeras of starting wearing glasses, while my eyes were still live and normal - for those who do not know me I started on 7yo and was wearing them for 33 years) So, back to swing, I remembered I had issues with head images when moving my head. They were bluring, I was having ballance problems, just like a feeling of dizines, even when sitting whenever I have to turn my head form one side to another. So, I think that's when I started not processing those images, I started blacking-out. Now, after more then a year of not wearing glasses I notice now and then I am balcking out so I tell myself to look softly into everything around. And I really enjoy the feeling - there is no black out!!! Smile The world is beautiful!!! I can see the illusion like the room and things are moving in opposite direction from my head movements! And all is fine, I have no dizziness, not discomfort!
I noticed this in driving, when you have to do lots of movements left right, instuments board, side mirror L-R.
Juts recently I noticed in swimming, I started new version of Bates short swing, when swimming I turn my head L-R no matter if water splashing, this is not any professional swimming, just breast stroke for recreation so I can apply Dr Bates short swing.
And for me, and I am sure there are many others because I read in some other vision teachers' books about this, but not many people are able to become aware of this, when they said "You'll get used to wearing glasses, just be persistent" actually meant to black-out. I now know it is not possible to "get used to glasses" you just strain more by wearing glasses.
Apparenlty, can you imagine how much energy is beeing lost to do black outs. I still feel more enrgetic since I stopped wearing eyewear compared to times when I was wearing!

I still can't stop wandering and being gratefull to Dr BAtes how he mamanged to discover these simple eye functions! And for noticing these simple things are only needed to have good vision.

Good luck everyone and please join us into this beatufull topic of sharing Dr Bates moments!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now