MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How I can improve my night vision?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I can improve my night vision?
Hi people,
I have further improvement again, I start to understand this all science well. Smile
I was research this community but I didn't find topic about
improving night vision?
I started to read fine print in dim light, but I don't know nothing about this, except Clark's book, but I need some experiences beside that.

Any help? Any experience?
I noticed my night vision is much better this year than last winter.

I think my vision improving overall is probably the biggest factor in that, but here are some things I did that definitely helped.

First, I would practice walking in the dark without glasses with my husband. As I could see more and more then I became able to walk to and from work alone without glasses, and now this winter I am able to cycle without glasses in the dark. Of course, there are street lights so it's not completely dark. But the movement helps a lot to improve my night vision. So I would encourage not just practicing things like shifting on dark things, but actually moving in the dark (like walking with someone). It's important to feel safe and relaxed, so go with someone you trust.

cheers,
Sorrisi
Commandos,
Hi. I'd echo Sorrisi's suggestion to walk after dark without glasses, in a relaxed way, noticing the depth & outlines around you (since you won't be able to see color or clarity). If you're anxious or straining this won't help so make sure you feel safe. Peter Grunwald, of Eyebody fame, told me personally when I did a workshop with him over the summer that going for "night vision" walks would help to reduce my myopia. He did this for himself to get out of his -10 glasses, walking all over his New Zealand property with no light but the stars and the moon, and sees it as one of the main factors in his improvement.

The other thing I'd recommend is sunning, as paradoxical as it sounds. I remember Dr. Bates saying sunning would help with night vision -- maybe it's something about the pupil expanding and contracting, getting the eyes used to seeing in different levels of light. Along the same line, don't use sunglasses. Get comfortable with bright sunlight and you will find you're more comfortable in the dark, too. Let us know how this works for you.
Lots of sunlight does seem to help night vision. Maybe a vitamin D thing or something like that. Especially in the winter you can get depleted, or if you don't have any regular outdoor activities or always wear UV-blocking sunglasses.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi everyone!
Of course, doing the different methods like palming, swinging and sunning will help. I think that most persons that are doing the bates method think that there is a tool for each thing, like using a screwdriver for a removing a screw, but here, it doesn't seems to work directly like that. Yes, by getting used to be in the dark, you will probably get better sight in the dark, but I think that the strain that we ''see'' when palming (the gray, the color spots), at least for me, seems to appear a lot when I'm in the dark, as if I were palming. It's a little bit like when a TV receive a bad signal. So, by palming or by doing any methods like that, these appearences fade away and the sight improve. Also, doing the long swing in the dark seems to be an effective way to be more relaxed in the dark.

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre
I'll try all of this Wink
It sound for me so easy.

All the best!!!
I'll write back my further improvements! O0
Just get some Night Vision Goggles!

Seriously now. If anyone have any improvement, just let me now what you did.
practice all the shifting... stuff on objects at night. Objects in a window in distant building..., streetlight, lighted signs, the moon.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now