MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The holographic nature of vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The holographic nature of vision
Has anybody read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot? Amongst other things it suggests that vision is stored in the visual cortex in a similar way that holographic images are stored on holographic film. Evidence for this are studies where large sections of the visual cortex are removed without seriously damaging the ability to see. This is like a holographic recording. Each little section carries a complete if not distinct image in its "memory".
Our senses, including our sight, operate like a frequency analyzer. This is because reality itself is vibrational or frequencies. We pick up signal with our eyes and visual cortex. There, mathematically, it is assembled into holographic images in our mind. Each brain cell in the visual cortex is "designed" to respond to a different pattern. It has been tested and shown that the visual cortex uses the same mathematics that encode a holographic image(Fourier Mathematics). When scientists converted plaid and checkerboard patterns into wave-form patterns using Fourier transforms, the brain cells responded not to the original patterns but to the Fourier translation of those patterns, i.e.: checkerboards or plaids.
Imagining that our minds and the universe itself is a vastly complex pattern of frequencies that are somehow in communication with itself from any point to any other point in a way that transcends Einstein's Relativity(communication is not limited by the speed of light) is a powerful realization and supports the uselessness of straining to see!!! The world is there in perfect clarity. You just need to pick up the frequency. The key? Relaxation of the mind! O0
otto Wrote:The world is there in perfect clarity. You just need to pick up the frequency. The key? Relaxation of the mind! O0
This is very inspiring. More and more I'm seeing the Bates Method as not just a way to improve eyesight but as a way to grow psychologically-- bringing the mind to its organic, unstressed state. Now whenever I'm in front of something I can't see, I know that there's an effortless way to see it, and a strained, unnatural way not to see it.

Thanks for posting.
In current research in the fields of quantum physics evidence has been mounting that we live in a universe with a nonlocal, non-Cartesian, non-linear, non-causal system. It is literally true: "Perfect sight comes to the eye when nothing is done; therefore when you do anything you are always doing something wrong. Perfect sight is passive. We do not see, things are seen and when things are seen with maximum vision no effort whatever is made." -Dr.William H. Bates

This is a very well done video that contains many of these ideas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_i7YqDwJA
otto Wrote:Has anybody read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot? Amongst other things it suggests that vision is stored in the visual cortex in a similar way that holographic images are stored on holographic film. Evidence for this are studies where large sections of the visual cortex are removed without seriously damaging the ability to see. This is like a holographic recording. Each little section carries a complete if not distinct image in its "memory".

Hi Otto,
Yes, I have read the book and also noticed that the mind, memory of the brain, vision system and universe most certainly is holographic, one, and thus all linked together in the frequency plane (Fourier). The ideas come from our wolds most intelligent thinkers David Bohm and Karl Pribram.
I have also noticed Nassim Haramein (you can watch him at googlevideo) and his holofractal universe theory where a point (of zero) in fact is looked upon as a universe when diving in to it (e-g. imagine looking at the milkyway from outerspace it is thus a point right). I really believe in Nassim Harameins ideas, even if it still is just theories.

Out of these theories combined with Bates theories and some mind relaxation aspects I believe I can conclude the following:
1. The peripheral vision must be activated to detect motions. This enables wholness awareness,
of the infinitly wide space. In this state you are relaxed to face everything and thus enjoys a lot of positive aspects (e.g. better brains, memory, sight, hearing etc).
Remark that the wholeness also makes central focus become more detailed due to the holographic characteristics.
2. The central vision must be activated to automatically trace an object that moves. This enables the awareness of infinitely small space.
Remark that you can create movement with just moving your body if the object does not move.
If you are really good at Bates training method you should be able to control this awareness (central fixation) such that you actually can trace any object effortless by will too.
Remark also that I believe central vision must be really activated simultaneously with peripheral vision, else there will be tension.
3. I think the vision system are able to cure eye problems by comparing how the location of the central vision point automatically moves relative the peripheral view.

I think item 1 and 2 above relaxes both mind and the eyes. Such that mind no longer gets in the way of eye relaxation, but I could be wrong maybe.
Currently I am testing these ideas (I have sometimes clear flashes that I know is real due to relaxation and not a cause of hard blinking) and I would really appreciate to get your opinion about this from all of you that are interested in this out there !?
I think I need your feedback to be able to succeed with this little experiment I'm doing.
The actual problem I guess is how to get fast progress, I'm not sure how to handle this.
I'm nearsighted and I have just a goal that I shall be able to read text on at least the computer without glasses.
Then I have a second goal to prove the holographic theory with my eye cure experiment ;D

BR
Hammer

So vision is about consciousness(infinitely small consciousness and infinitly wide consciousness).
I would say that you are probably onto something with your theory. Most likely an expression of the TRUTH. It seems to be received positively by members of the forum.
In the process of investigating your theory(If I may make a suggestion) don't forget to stay balanced. It's easy to "get up in one's head" about this Bates stuff and undoubtably "being up in the head" is part of how many of us got to be myopic(the majority of us here are, right?) so it's important to let the practice of Bates be as much of a meditative experience as possible.
The holographic universe is an experience! As an idea it is just a metaphor. a very good metaphor because it has "proof" but just a shadow of the reality. If we want to function in accord with nature or the natural way we need to shift focus onto the experience of being here.
(sorry, just kind of journaling here. This isn't directed at you!)
Theories are good, being clever is good, but to be balanced we need a lot more body awareness or "intelligence".
Anyways, I really like that book and I need to finish it and read it again.
How goes your quest, hammer?
otto Wrote:I would say that you are probably onto something with your theory. Most likely an expression of the TRUTH. It seems to be received positively by members of the forum.
In the process of investigating your theory(If I may make a suggestion) don't forget to stay balanced. It's easy to "get up in one's head" about this Bates stuff and undoubtably "being up in the head" is part of how many of us got to be myopic(the majority of us here are, right?) so it's important to let the practice of Bates be as much of a meditative experience as possible.
The holographic universe is an experience! As an idea it is just a metaphor. a very good metaphor because it has "proof" but just a shadow of the reality. If we want to function in accord with nature or the natural way we need to shift focus onto the experience of being here.
(sorry, just kind of journaling here. This isn't directed at you!)
Theories are good, being clever is good, but to be balanced we need a lot more body awareness or "intelligence".
Anyways, I really like that book and I need to finish it and read it again.
How goes your quest, hammer?

Well, the Bates stuff was written 100 years ago so I don't put too much weight on these ideas.
But there are some ideas like "central fixation", "palming", "motion",
that actually still is relevant for some foundation of a more simplified advanced view taking holographic aspects and holofractal aspects into consideration.
And it is obvious to me how vision works in this simplified advanced view.
I have designed FFT-algorithms on my own actually. I know FFT-algorithms are holographic, I'm not a beginner.
And I think my simple three step formula concerning this is based on sound logic, so I can keep balanced.
My goal is as you write meditative experience, anyway, anywhere.
My goal is freedom and this concerns vision too.
You have a right to get free awareness and access to the universe that you are part of, of course !
Then relaxation and perfect vision comes by product, thus perfect vision is not my direct goal.
I don't have to measure my eyesight strength, it is not important, I just throw away my glasses.
I bought a pair of glasses about one month ago, expensive ones, but I just couldn't wear these glasses,
I felt like someone had stolen my visual freedom to awareness, my meaning of life, so I am convinced that I will carry on without these glasses, because I have seen results, I feel much more relaxed, aware, alert. I can control relaxing my eyes. I am sick and tired of all the clueless opticians that are unaware of that mind, vision and universe is connected, and they think I'm as stupid as their little dog at home or something. Now, we need a change, that is why I wrote on this forum.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now