MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
JMartinC4's reflective CD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JMartinC4's reflective CD
JMartinC4 has been really excited about his CD reflecting light in his eyes and improving his sight. I'm just writing this post to offer a way to describe it much more simply.

As far as I understand, his idea is this: a CD is positioned to reflect a ceiling light into his eyes while he looks at something else and practice Bates methods.

Why it might help him improving his sight: by looking at a chart and consciously seeing the chart better than the annoying light shining in his eyes, he is successfully practicing central fixation. in fact, Dr. Bates often demonstrated central fixation to people with a light at first because it makes the concept easier to understand. You look at the light, see it better. You look away from the light, see it worse. If you are practicing a swing of the Snellen chart, then you would also notice the light moving in the periphery, which also aids in the realization of the universal swing.

It's as simple as that!

The whole discussion about alignment/distances/wobbles, etc, are just confusing things. And the long list of instructions on how to make one distracts people from realizing what the main idea is.
Thank you! That is informative, and I appreciate your responding. I should research Dr. Bates' techniques on this. However, the CD(s) is/are positioned to reflect the light (not necessarily ceiling) across the eyes, not so much directly into them. It functions then as a peripheral stimulus. I would agree that by learning to shift/move to avoid the annoying stimulus, central fixation (and clearer distance vision) results.

I want to make another note on this - today I spent all day in department meetings, 200+ large and 20+ breakouts. The clear vision flashes were stupendous. Almost scary-good. I credit my participation in this forum, what I've learned about Bates, my own biofeedback invention, and feedback from people like you who read and respond to each others' ideas. There may be a simultaneity of vision effect that we have yet to consider.

But if Bates' methods are all so 'simple', why do so many of the posters on this forum indicate their frustration with understanding them or making them work? They need something more. I want them to test my simple free invention.

sorrisiblue Wrote:JMartinC4 has been really excited about his CD reflecting light in his eyes and improving his sight. I'm just writing this post to offer a way to describe it much more simply.

As far as I understand, his idea is this: a CD is positioned to reflect a ceiling light into his eyes while he looks at something else and practice Bates methods.

Why it might help him improving his sight: by looking at a chart and consciously seeing the chart better than the annoying light shining in his eyes, he is successfully practicing central fixation. in fact, Dr. Bates often demonstrated central fixation to people with a light at first because it makes the concept easier to understand. You look at the light, see it better. You look away from the light, see it worse. If you are practicing a swing of the Snellen chart, then you would also notice the light moving in the periphery, which also aids in the realization of the universal swing.

It's as simple as that!

The whole discussion about alignment/distances/wobbles, etc, are just confusing things. And the long list of instructions on how to make one distracts people from realizing what the main idea is.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now