MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Please help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help!
Hello!

I recently became a member and I have been faithfully doing the Bates Method exercises for approximately 2 weeks.
I have already experienced better eyesight starting with a vision of 20/50 both left and right eyes, to 20/30 and sometimes even 20/25.
The exercises I mainly have been doing are:

Palming. ( 60-120 min every day.)
Shifting. ( On various objects as often as possible )
Swinging. ( Long swing,optical swing and more. )
Central fixation.
Sunning. ( with eyes closed )
Movement. ( imagining movement opposite to eye-movement )
Snellen chart. ( reading with both eyes together and one eye at a time )
Swaying. ( sometimes )
Color days.( noticing different colors)

However, Today I had 2 exams at school and as usual I was extremely nervous.( I am always nervous when doing exams :-[ ) It took about 4 hours and as soon as I was done I realized how bad my eyesight had become. I tested my sight with the snellen test chart and found it as bad as usual, 20/50. Do somebody know why my eyesight suddenly became worse ? Do you think it will be possible for me to obtain permanent eyesight at 20/25 without losing it when getting nervous? Is it possible to improve my vision in 2 months ? As soon as I started with the Bates Method I knew that it would work and it did work very good until today when I lost the improved vision and came back to where I had started. I dont want to wear glasses and fortunately I have never worn glasses because it feels unnatural according to me so when I discovered the bates method I thought I was on my way and I still have alot of faith left.
Hi!
Don't worry! You're not alone! Stress affects our sight, but of course, only temporarily.
It is completely normal that your sight will vary a lot during the process. You will have good days and bad days, so don't worry! Your progress is very good!
As an example, when I woke up, my sight was approx. 10/40. After some exercises, my sight was 10/25, more or less and during the exercices, I had 10/10 flashes frequently, but this afternoon, my sight constantly switched from 10/15 to normal sight and more.
By doing your things, you will see that it will be easier and easier to have better sight. Also, if you can, discard totally your glasses, because they would slower your progress, and that's probably not what you want! No? Some progress really fast and some take their time, so you have a lot of luck! Smile

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre
You have a very good practice and there are many people on the forum who would dream to have such good progress as you saw in two weeks! Vision fluctuates a lot, especially under stress, this is normal! All that happened was that with the stress you reverted to old bad habits and your eyestrain returned. Don't be downhearted, you improved your eyesight already to 20/25, you will be able to do it again even easier the second time. It takes consistent practice to make the improvement permanent.

Use this as a learning experience. Your success in the first two weeks came most likely from a positive attitude and consistent practice. Did something change leading up to your exams?

Remember how you improved your sight to 20/25? Now, remember it every day, keep practicing and get back to better than 20/25. Using the same methods you were doing before this will be possible and will take less time than it took you to improve the first time. The next time you are stressed out or know that you will be stressed, then as a precaution palm before you study. When you don't have time to palm, simply remember the feeling of being relaxed. Take frequent breaks to walk around, breathe, drink water while studying. Your eyes adn memory will thank you! Maybe next time you are really stressed out your eyes will strain a bit more, but only 20/40, for example. If you are able to always improve your vision back to normal or better each time, and each time you are stressed you are able to control the effect on your vision, then eventually you will have normaly vision when stressed out, and better than normal vision at other times.

Keep it up! Your results so far are extremely encouraging!
Sorrisi
What is this?
Exercise program?

I advice you guys to throw this "programs" out of the window.
The only think a program does is keeping you back.
We are not machines to have programs.

Don't push it. Let it flow.

If you made a dam in a quiet small river, the dam will came down this force, because the water gathered in the other side will produce an increasing amount off force, as the dam tries to keep it back from its natural flow.

Palming. Yes.
But in the time you feels is right.
60-120 min every day? Do today as much you want to made. It can be 10 minutes or 5 hours. Tomorrow if you don't feel about palming, why to do it? This will probably cause strain.

No offense, but if you heaved made what it must be done, you shouldn't allow any factor that makes you extremely nervous to exist in your mind. How you know that your condition is not caused by the exact same factor anyway?
School is the King of Refraction Errors Causers!
when i was 9years old, the doctor believed that i will achieve the -24degrees of myopia.
On 15 and at -10, i started to "write things on the rooster". Before some months, i was on -12 and -13. Now i am wearings -7s.
Do i have a program? Of course not!
I just let it flow.
Ares Wrote:What is this?
Exercise program?

I advice you guys to throw this "programs" out of the window.
The only think a program does is keeping you back.
We are not machines to have programs.

Don't push it. Let it flow.

If you made a dam in a quiet small river, the dam will came down this force, because the water gathered in the other side will produce an increasing amount off force, as the dam tries to keep it back from its natural flow.

Palming. Yes.
But in the time you feels is right.
60-120 min every day? Do today as much you want to made. It can be 10 minutes or 5 hours. Tomorrow if you don't feel about palming, why to do it? This will probably cause strain.

No offense, but if you heaved made what it must be done, you shouldn't allow any factor that makes you extremely nervous to exist in your mind. How you know that your condition is not caused by the exact same factor anyway?
School is the King of Refraction Errors Causers!
when i was 9years old, the doctor believed that i will achieve the -24degrees of myopia.
On 15 and at -10, i started to "write things on the rooster". Before some months, i was on -12 and -13. Now i am wearings -7s.
Do i have a program? Of course not!
I just let it flow.

just out of interest, if you say let it flow, then why in your signature have you got a deadline??

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now