Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting the Bates Method
cautiouslyoptimistic Wrote:Hi All. I experience strong myopia which I am trying to get rid of. I also have strabismus and amblyopia in my right eye for which I will be seeing a visual therapist shortly. In addition to therapy I have decided to try out the Bates method as an experiment.

My last prescription was -9.75,-7.00. I wore this prescription for two years. I could see well but experienced eye strain.

I am now on -8.50, -6.00. I can see pretty well in these and am not experiencing as much eye strain. My goal is to balance my prescription and lower the overall level of myopia in both eyes.

I am obviously very skeptical of Bates and his methods considering the stance of the American Optometric Association on the issue. However I am very open-minded and willing to try new things as long as they make sense.

In the last 2 weeks I have been working movement, centralization, and relaxation into my daily visual habits. I am shifting my focus from near work tasks for 3 seconds every 3 minutes. I take a longer break and look further away every 45 minutes. I am working on my breathing and blinking as well.

Subjectively I feel like my overall vision is improving because of these methods, but my nearsightedness (visual acuity) is about the same.

. I will try to post progress reports from time to time as I continue the Bates Method and begin visual therapy/visual training with an O.D.. I would love to hear from anyone who has personally benefited from the Bates Method.

i'd love to see what your visual acuity is on a snellen as i have a similar prescription

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by Determined - 03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by Ares - 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by Determined - 03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by Determined - 03-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by David - 03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by DaniFixe - 03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by JMartinC4 - 03-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by Waldi - 03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by DaniFixe - 04-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Re: Starting the Bates Method - by DaniFixe - 04-05-2010, 11:09 AM