MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I see better but my doctor disagrees!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see better but my doctor disagrees!
Hi,
I literally just came back from my visit to the eye doctor. He gave me a prescription of -6.00 for both eyes.

over a year ago, my last visit to the doctor resulted in a -6.5 then I found about the Bates method and my sight got better.

When I use -4.00 lenses now and test myself at home with my Snellen chart I see 20/20 and outdoors i can see sharply even object at the horizon.

I was expecting my prescription to improve, yet it only improved according to the doc to -6.00 -- I refuse to accept this NUMBER, i DO see better!

The clinc I went to today is new, and i did not tell them what my power was, he started off a clean slate. I thought this way they don't get influenced by my previous #.

I have not found 1 eye doctor that I liked yet, they always seem to have some attitude and arrogance.. This visit was no different. After to Doc asked me ever so nicely (but not sincere niceness) to sit and anchor your head on his googles, he looked inside my eye from the side as he flipped through lenses and got to a lence that I thought was great I could read the last line easily with it (I have a gut feeling that was a -4.00 lens) then he started with the which is better 1 or 2, 2 or 3, ... all the way to 9 or 10. With each flip making the letter crisper and SMALLER. When I hesitated to answer he'd say "which one looks smaller, smaller is better" ... I was thinking "what???" He kept giving it juice, making the thing more powerful. Until he got to -6.0 But I feel if he kept making it smaller he could have gone up to -7.00 the power was really intense.

I felt like a student that studied well for an exam, and knew every word in the book but he still got a C from this teacher, feelings of 'being told' how well i see .. irritating.

Well, I just got a totally useless prescription. at least i know my eyes are healthy.. according the to doc. I am glad both eyes have the same power, both my eyes always had the same # and i have no astigmatism.

My question is HOW come the doctor got to -6.00, which is better than my previous -6.5, however not even close to my real power. I KNOW I see great with -4.00 why did the doctor's numbers disagree?

any ideas?
You need to read the two documents linked in my signature below. Medical/ophthalmalogic science does not know what causes myopia. So they rely on the methods developed in late-19th century Germany, which simply measure the length of the eyeball, and the fixed focusing power of the lens - as if 'vision' is a static event. As if we are mechanical robots. The fact that our vision and visual orientation/positioning/alignment was stunted from birth (by them!) escapes them. They can't allow for the extra little bit of time and movement and alignment we need to gradually improve our vision for such things as reading a Snellen chart. They aren't interested in our observations and insights - it's all nonsense to them because they believe in the 'settled' Germanic Helmholtzian/Mengeleian version of vision. Walking into their offices puts us under their power and control - reigniting our unconscious memories of receiving the antibiotic vision-blurring eye treatments within an hour or so of our birth. Read the documents. Even the Doctor of Laws who wrote the 2006 legal essay on silver nitrate did not make the possible connection between the legally mandated neonatal eye treatment and the later development of myopia by those of us with good memories and propensity for education. There's not much we can do about it until some powerful genius puts it all together for them in such a convincing fashion that they have to admit it - but that's what Gallileo did with the Catholic Church, and look where it got him - almost tortured by the Inquisition. Sad 8) :-\

Seeker Wrote:Hi,
I literally just came back from my visit to the eye doctor. He gave me a prescription of -6.00 for both eyes.

over a year ago, my last visit to the doctor resulted in a -6.5 then I found about the Bates method and my sight got better.

When I use -4.00 lenses now and test myself at home with my Snellen chart I see 20/20 and outdoors i can see sharply even object at the horizon.

I was expecting my prescription to improve, yet it only improved according to the doc to -6.00 -- I refuse to accept this NUMBER, i DO see better!

The clinc I went to today is new, and i did not tell them what my power was, he started off a clean slate. I thought this way they don't get influenced by my previous #.

I have not found 1 eye doctor that I liked yet, they always seem to have some attitude and arrogance.. This visit was no different. After to Doc asked me ever so nicely (but not sincere niceness) to sit and anchor your head on his googles, he looked inside my eye from the side as he flipped through lenses and got to a lence that I thought was great I could read the last line easily with it (I have a gut feeling that was a -4.00 lens) then he started with the which is better 1 or 2, 2 or 3, ... all the way to 9 or 10. With each flip making the letter crisper and SMALLER. When I hesitated to answer he'd say "which one looks smaller, smaller is better" ... I was thinking "what???" He kept giving it juice, making the thing more powerful. Until he got to -6.0 But I feel if he kept making it smaller he could have gone up to -7.00 the power was really intense.

I felt like a student that studied well for an exam, and knew every word in the book but he still got a C from this teacher, feelings of 'being told' how well i see .. irritating.

Well, I just got a totally useless prescription. at least i know my eyes are healthy.. according the to doc. I am glad both eyes have the same power, both my eyes always had the same # and i have no astigmatism.

My question is HOW come the doctor got to -6.00, which is better than my previous -6.5, however not even close to my real power. I KNOW I see great with -4.00 why did the doctor's numbers disagree?

any ideas?
1- One day, when I see 20/20 with OUT corrective lenses, will a visit to the doctor still show that I am myopic at -6.00?
I wanted written proof from the optician showing that my sight has improved, I didn't get that documented proof today.

2- Now that my glasses prescription is too strong for me, how can I get under-corrected glasses?
Order them yourself from zennioptical.com, very inexpensive and decent selection. You just need the prescription and the PD which is pupil distance, in millimeters, center of one eye to center of the other. Have a friend help if you can't do it in a mirror by yourself.
Nancy Wrote:Order them yourself from zennioptical.com, very inexpensive and decent selection. You just need the prescription and the PD which is pupil distance, in millimeters, center of one eye to center of the other. Have a friend help if you can't do it in a mirror by yourself.

When I was at the opticians I didn't notice the prescription they gave me was missing all the other info -pupil distance etc.. it only had the power. I was a little shaken (I sincerely expected a better power # from the visit than I got) so I just took the thing and left. They were hoping I'd buy glasses from them (at the power # they prescribed) but boy they were wrong...

I'll go back on Monday and get a completed prescription to get the PD then order my own.

THANK you!
If you don't have any astigmatism correction (cylinder, meaning stronger myopia in just one angle), all you need is what you are calling the power number, which is called OD for the right eye and OS for the left eye on the prescription, and the PD. Good luck.
Nancy Wrote:If you don't have any astigmatism correction (cylinder, meaning stronger myopia in just one angle), all you need is what you are calling the power number, which is called OD for the right eye and OS for the left eye on the prescription, and the PD. Good luck.

Yep.. I am missing the PD info from the Rx
I went back, turns out they do not measure the PD as part of the eye exam, PD is measured as part of purchasing a frame, fitting or in other words ordering glasses..

The lad there was nice enough to measure my PD for me even though I am not getting the glasses from her.
Before I learn about Bates method.
I always got +3L , +2,5R but I see 20/400 left and 20/20 right with out of glasses.
When I ask why they said that i have good accommodation in my right eye.
They don't really know why. Try setting a limit for your own field of vision - say 40 feet or so - using both eyes together. Relax and let your focus find objects that are about 40 feet away. Then stay relaxed and let yourself see all around. Keep moving slightly - remember all the Bates Methods. Find more things 40 feet away. 8)
Waldi Wrote:Before I learn about Bates method.
I always got +3L , +2,5R but I see 20/400 left and 20/20 right with out of glasses.
When I ask why they said that i have good accommodation in my right eye.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download