Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tense muscles all the time
JMartinC4 Wrote:Unable to properly bond visually with parents. We start our visual life with our orientation/positioning/alignment skewed. It is the first wrong thing we're taught or forced to learn. I wonder how it compares with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Yeah I definately wonder that too. I get panic attacks sometimes and experience extreme tension...basically a big ball of nerves... I'm starting to wonder if instead of taking the Bates approach to eyesight improvement- just seeing a therapist to help work through and process this anxiety in order to relax and as a result improve eyesight. I've spent so long staying conscious of "seeing clearly" that I could see it working itself out on a subconscious level... If someone is able to see/understand their tension and where it originated...maybe that is the gateway to relaxation. the "one thought" bate said can relax and restore clarity.
'Seeing a therapist' would be a crapshoot, though. I'm thinking a hypnotherapist might offer better odds - have him/her regress me back to the first hour of my birth .... then take me forward, skipping over the blur period... learning to read, but not so much that I forget to reject the blur ... etcetera ...
But my vision over the past year has improved greatly - amazingly - simply by participating in this forum, using Bates Methods like palming, swinging and sketching, using my biofeedback devices, thinking about my positioning and visual coordination/synchronization, and thinking about my theory of neonatal antibiotics blur-induced latent myopia effects ....
And talking with people - like my mother - about it all. I wish my Dad was still alive - he would be intrigued.
spydermann Wrote:Yeah I definately wonder that too. I get panic attacks sometimes and experience extreme tension...basically a big ball of nerves... I'm starting to wonder if instead of taking the Bates approach to eyesight improvement- just seeing a therapist to help work through and process this anxiety in order to relax and as a result improve eyesight. I've spent so long staying conscious of "seeing clearly" that I could see it working itself out on a subconscious level... If someone is able to see/understand their tension and where it originated...maybe that is the gateway to relaxation. the "one thought" bate said can relax and restore clarity.
JMartinC4 Wrote:Unable to properly bond visually with parents. We start our visual life with our orientation/positioning/alignment skewed. It is the first wrong thing we're taught or forced to learn. I wonder how it compares with post-traumatic stress disorder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6qY1-LBd...re=channel

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now