MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
dizziness with my glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dizziness with my glasses?
Hello. If this topic should not be here, please move it.

I've started about 2-3 week ago with eye exercises (not bates method specifically), from a program wich I was bought on the internet. (already I can see some results)
So. now, When I put the glasses on I get some dizziness . ¿What is this? ¿I'm improving and I don't need my glasses anymore? ¿My eyes are rejecting glasses? ???
Simplistically, yes, your eyes are fighting your glasses. Your eyes naturally want to move, and glasses force you to stare into the center of the lens where the strongest correction is, punishing you for moving your gaze away from the center by giving you a blurrier correction. Your conflict between trying to see through the center of your glasses and also trying to move your eyes is causing the dizziness. Trying to fight the apparent movement of objects you're looking at (because the healthy gaze is constantly moving) is a big source of strain. Like Bates said, "The world moves -- let it move". Do as much as you can without glasses, and at a minimum get a weaker pair for when you really need a temporary correction.
Nancy Wrote:Simplistically, yes, your eyes are fighting your glasses. Your eyes naturally want to move, and glasses force you to stare into the center of the lens where the strongest correction is, punishing you for moving your gaze away from the center by giving you a blurrier correction. Your conflict between trying to see through the center of your glasses and also trying to move your eyes is causing the dizziness. Trying to fight the apparent movement of objects you're looking at (because the healthy gaze is constantly moving) is a big source of strain. Like Bates said, "The world moves -- let it move". Do as much as you can without glasses, and at a minimum get a weaker pair for when you really need a temporary correction.

:o thanks for the clarification, I only wear my glasses for about 1-2 hours per day, not so much. so far I'm so happy... I can see some improvement. I can focus better on things. Thanks for this forum, It really helped me to go ahead with the exercises! ;D

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download