MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
About 'Clear Flashes'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About 'Clear Flashes'
Everyone who's ever tried the legendary doctor's methods correctly must have experienced a short duration of perfect vision (or longer), including me. The good doctor explains relaxation to be the cause of such 'flashes' but it disappears as soon as we become aware of it.

This is actually quite frustrating the first time because the tendency to stare spoils the moment you've been waiting for a long time. This happened to me frequently which in turn depressed me & for days I didn't have those flashes again. After a lot of time experimenting & re-reading the doctor's book, I realized that if I blink or shift whenever those flashes occur I'm actually allowing my eyes to heal. Thus ignoring those flashes improved my usual vision which resulted in even more number of flashes occuring each day - a deeply encouraging observation I made.

Some of the ways I succeeded in inducing a flash of clear vision :

(1) Palming for 2-3 seconds -> this might sound odd but if done correctly, its works like a charm. I've had more flashes by palming for 2 seconds rather than 20 minutes. I place my hands curved over the eyes to create almost a vacuum.

(2) Shifting & Swinging -> even more effective is imagining a black object shift while palming or just with eyes closed. I shift my eyes & imagine a small black period (or a letter) move slightly in the opposite direction [keep in mind the eyes are closed all the while]. If a flash is observed after opening your eyes, blink immediately (or shift your eyes) to avoid staring. Repeat with a different object - using the same object may not be successful every time.

(3) Memory Scan -> If you've ever seen a copier scan a document, this one's easy. On my test card, the biggest letter is G & I remember it perfectly (or close). I imagine (with my eyes closed) the letter being scanned from one of its openings to the other, the part I see is blacker than the background & as I move my attention, a different part emerges out of the background & the previous part blends with the background. This continues until I have imagined the whole letter part-by-part. This technique actually evokes central fixation & clear vision is likely to follow.

All of the 3 methods work quite effectively for me & I hope it will work for others too.
In 2 exercise the object is always in the same position or do you shift in the same direction your eyes shift ? And how long do you try it ?
DaniFixe Wrote:In 2nd exercise the object is always in the same position or do you shift in the same direction your eyes shift ? And how long do you try it ?

The object must be imagined to move opposite to the direction of the movement of eyes i.e.

Your eyes shift left -> the object moves a little right
Your eyes shift right -> object moves left

Two shifts of the eye complete one swing of the object.
Open your eyes after every swing & check if your vision clears up. Increase the no. of swings you do if there is no change. Make sure you use different objects to avoid boredom although repeating objects in a different session is no problem.
Why, why, why, why, why, why? Why are we blurry to begin with? Before we knew what 'clear' was, we didn't think 'blurry' was blurry! Why not?
JMartinC4 Wrote:Why, why, why, why, why, why? Why are we blurry to begin with? Before we knew what 'clear' was, we didn't think 'blurry' was blurry! Why not?

I'm sure that'll be a nice poem but it seems like someone's frustrated with their eyes. If yours is the case, I suggest one thing - don't go by the book, let your interests drive you.
Okay, thanks.
I put a chart at a distance where the letters are a bit blury. Then i choose one letter and do the swing and shift with the eyes closed. When i open them i see the letter a little clear,but after a few blinks is back to normal,like always... :-[
DaniFixe Wrote:I put a chart at a distance that the letters are a bit blury. Then i choose one letter and do the swing with the eyes closed. When i open them i see the letter a little clear,but after a few blinks is back to normal,like always... :-[
The letters go back to blurry because your eyes revert to the incorrect focus that you have been trained/hypnotized into thinking/feeling is 'normal', and your visual alignment reverts to the mis-alignment that you have likewise been trained/hypnotized into thinking/feeling is the 'normal' alignment. Worse, each eye probably has a different set of incorrect visual parameters, and they are mis-timed and unsynchronized. It's a pernicious predicament and a self-perpetuating illusion. Chin up! Relax! Breathe! Shift! Lean back! Head tilt/bobble! Keep your posture erect! Keep your visual plane level and elevated! Good Luck!
O0 8) Smile
DaniFixe Wrote:I put a chart at a distance where the letters are a bit blury. Then i choose one letter and do the swing and shift with the eyes closed. When i open them i see the letter a little clear,but after a few blinks is back to normal,like always... :-[

Instead choose a distance where the vision is good & practice shifting & swinging. Alternatively choose distances such as 5,10,20,50 feet & check which distance is most effective in practice.
Develop the habit of shifting to different objects ALL THE TiME.
I didn't understood the objective of shifting. If i look to the top of a head its supposed to think the bottom is worse? Or i should see both sides and think the bottom is worse? And then shift and think the same?
DaniFixe Wrote:I didn't understood the objective of shifting. If i look to the top of a head its supposed to think the bottom is worse? Or i should see both sides and think the bottom is worse? And then shift and think the same?

You are confusing Shifting with Central Fixation. Shifting is to change the point of maximum attention (fixation) rapidly without effort, while Central Fixation is to see best in the central vision & not in the eccentric field.
Important Note :-

I Wrote:Palming for 2-3 seconds -> this might sound odd but if done correctly, its works like a charm. I've had more flashes by palming for 2 seconds rather than 20 minutes. I place my hands curved over the eyes to create almost a vacuum.

This is best for people with low myopia - those with severe myopia might consider extending duration of palming until significant rest is gained.

Palming for a few minutes after facing the Sun (eyes open or closed) can reduce scotoma to a great extent.
Repeat with a different object - using the same object may not be successful every time.
------------------------------------------------------------------
become taller
2xtreme2fit Wrote:Important Note :-

I Wrote:Palming for 2-3 seconds -> this might sound odd but if done correctly, its works like a charm. I've had more flashes by palming for 2 seconds rather than 20 minutes. I place my hands curved over the eyes to create almost a vacuum.

This is best for people with low myopia - those with severe myopia might consider extending duration of palming until significant rest is gained.

Palming for a few minutes after facing the Sun (eyes open or closed) can reduce scotoma to a great extent.

I've found that I too get better results from short bursts of palming. But what is considered low myopia?

blauw
blauw Wrote:What is considered low myopia?
In my opinion, below -2.00 D can be considered low. I had [-0.75L,-1.25R] which is quite low compared to most people here.

Side Note: Your goal of 20/40,20/30 is disappointing. Subliminally, it is almost harmful - its best to keep your goals 40/20, being satisfied won't help.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download