MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Central Fixation is NOT an Exercise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Fixation is NOT an Exercise
I've been seeing a lot of people claiming to "practice central fixation" which bothers me just too much. It reveals their incomplete knowledge of the subject. Not just that, it gives critics & skeptics a chance to bash the misguided believers of the Bates Method.

Central Fixation is Perfect Vision. Palming, shifting, swinging, Sun treatment are carried out to achieve Central Fixation.

William H. Bates Wrote:When the eye possesses central fixation it not only possesses perfect sight, but it is at perfect rest and can be used indefinitely without fatigue.

I suggest all those who practice or try central fixation to read the original book 'Cure of Imperfect Sight by Treatment without Glasses'.
If anyone is looking for the unedited PDF version, here's the link to it : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1wnkjjw05">http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1wnkjjw05</a><!-- m -->
I agree; thanks for the reminder. I had glasses at 5 years old which rapidly got up to -10, and I wore those hard contacts for decades. So now as I relax more and let my vision improve, I am more and more aware of how much I've approached everything (not just vision!) with a trying end-gaining attitude. So I practice allowing whenever I remember, all day long, and my "central fixation practice" is simply to notice it and let those clear images in. The eye chart doesn't know it's blurry: any blur is in my brain!
Thank you,
I'll definitely be reading that book after I finish this crazy summer school semester.
I've been reading the book, but when I finally got to the central fixation chapter, the part that actually describes central fixation seems a little hard to understand and to make things even worse some of the words seem a little corrupt. The page I'm talking about is on 141(pdf) 121 in the actual book. I pasted the paragraph below, can someone please give a try to explain

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In learning to see best where he is looking it is usually- l best for the patient to
think of the point not directly regarded as being seen less distinctly than the point
he is | looking at, instead of thinking of the point fixed as being 1 seen best, as
the latter practice has a tendency, in most 11 cases, to intensify the strain under
which the eye is al- | ready laboring. One part of an object is seen best only R
when the mind is content to see the greater part of it j indistinctly? and as the
degree of relaxation increases the area of the part seen worse increases, until
that seen best
becomes merely a point.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
yodosoBates Wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In learning to see best where he is looking it is usually - It is best for the patient to think of the point not directly regarded as being seen less distinctly than the point he is looking at, instead of thinking of the point fixed as being seen best, as the latter practice has a tendency, in most cases, to intensify the strain under which the eye is already laboring. One part of an object is seen best only when the mind is content to see the greater part of it indistinctly and as the degree of relaxation increases the area of the part seen worse increases, until that seen best becomes merely a point.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

-> Look directly at a point (call it P1).
-> Shift to another point a little far from P1 (call it P2).
-> Note/imagine/know/believe that P2 is seen best as it is in the center of vision but P1 is not seen as good as it was seen previously.
-> Again shift back to P1, now P2 should become indistinct & P1 should become the center of maximum attention.

* This process can be imagined while eyes are open or closed as well with equally beneficial results.

** If you think that objects are stationary when you shift attention to different objects, it will strain your eyes & your mind. Objects should be thought moving opposite to the direction of the shift.

*** To see minute details at a distance, you should convince yourself that when a very small area is the center of fixation while everything outside this area is a little indistinct or not so important to notice, vision is improved for all distances.

**** Central Fixation is to see parts of objects very distinctly while shifting rapidly to different ignoring everything else in sight. The blanks are filled in by your mind so an illusion of complete clear vision is created as stated by W.H. Bates, M.D.
Thanks alot, I do however wish bates chapter on central fixation was a little longer. Or maybe I'm just making things too complicated, and it/s just a simple matter of imagining everything from the central point to just become gradually more blurry. Thanks again
the closest you will come to central fixation is, look left, look right, there's your center

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now