MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can you see faces?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you see faces?
It frustrates me when I know someone, far away, but I can't see them so I end up looking like an idiot when they're waving at me and I don't know it's them.
I know the best thing to do in this situation is to relax, but what do you do when you really need to see someone but don't have any glasses or clear flashes?
I don't use glasses, only for driving.
I can't see faces very clear and just like you said, it makes me feel dumb when i don't know who is trying call me over. But my vision is getting better everyday Big Grin.
Exactly! I have that issue too and it's very annoying. Sometimes I embarrassingly look up in excitement only to find out several steps closer that it's not someone I know!
I can. Previously, when I had [-0.75 L, -1.25 R] prescription, I couldn't see faces or anything perfectly at distances more than 4 feet. It took significant amount of time without guidance for me to realize that such upsetting thoughts negatively affect vision.
This can be countered by improving your vision on-the-spot by any powerful imagination - one of such is a clear sun with blurred sky surrounding it. The best thing about it is that it does not require more than a second, the faster it is imagined the more clear vision can get. Just close your eyes for a second while imagining the above.
Alternatively, any imagination that consists of one clear object with highly blurred surroundings can be used. Scenes should be imagined clear one point at a time while everything else outside the point must be blurred.
Appearing silly, crazy or rude is part of the Bates Method. It is simply (probably) the biggest reason why most people finally give up, give in and stick those glasses/contacts back on/in. It is impossible to avoid it, because the mainstream opinion is that everyone must have their vision corrected to 20/20 and must maintain that at all times. No exceptions. You will have at least some awkward situations, there is nothing you can do about them. The question to ask yourself is, are you OK with that? I have reached the conclusion that for the time being, I am. But I may re-evaluate it again when the situations change. I hope not, but the pressure may get too much at one point, such as new boss, new job, etc...

For now, I try to keep a cheerful attitude about it. I simply smile at (or even say hi-how-are-you to) everyone who looks at me, better to look like a cheerful idiot then rude, right? :-) When people are on the move, I am amazed how much I can recognize most of them by the way they walk, but I have gone without glasses for a long time now and I guess what the OD's would call my "blur interpretation" must be at the highest attainable level >Big Grin . Also, when around people, I try to notice things about them, the colour of their clothes, their hair, their bag, etc., the next time they will be easier to recognize even from afar... (think that you are recognizing their mind/behaviour and habits rather then their faces - that may make things easier over time.)

And this is from someone with worse than -5 myopia. ;-)
Cheers,
Andrea
Thanks.

I recognize the way people move too, but it's only if its my mom or someone REALLY close to me.
2xtreme2fit Wrote:I can. Previously, when I had [-0.75 L, -1.25 R] prescription, I couldn't see faces or anything perfectly at distances more than 4 feet. It took significant amount of time without guidance for me to realize that such upsetting thoughts negatively affect vision.
This can be countered by improving your vision on-the-spot by any powerful imagination - one of such is a clear sun with blurred sky surrounding it. The best thing about it is that it does not require more than a second, the faster it is imagined the more clear vision can get. Just close your eyes for a second while imagining the above.
Alternatively, any imagination that consists of one clear object with highly blurred surroundings can be used. Scenes should be imagined clear one point at a time while everything else outside the point must be blurred.

Well, that's right for me...
I gone to -10 when i was thinking that way, but after 30 minutes relaxation, i was again on my previous vision.

Just pretend that everything i right people. Don't let the other notice you have bad vision, because you don't!
Think that you have taken something like a medicine that has lowered your vision for sometime and it will be okay in a few days. Or just don't give a sh** about how you see and take your attention away from your eyes!
I think you're right. One can mimic how eyes with perfect sight behave & accustom themselves to those habits. It makes things easier.
I can see faces despite my vision, I think it has to do also with how I recognize how someone walks or what they are wearing.

blauw
If your mind gets the slightest clue from your memory of the person, its likely that you'll recognize his/her face.
Face recognition is a curious thing and is so subjective that I believe it very much supports Bates's theory on the close relationship between mind, memory and vision. It is well known that when we belong to one race and don't see many people from other races, when we do see them for the first time, their faces look alike to us and cannot distinguish them. It was like that for me when I grew up in Hungary and came to Canada. Now, however, after working with people of Asian origins, I can distinguish their faces very easily. It must be that when a person (even one with perfect sight) has not seen anything similar to a specific face, he/she just cannot see it perfectly.
Another curious thought is how come most people cannot draw a face? Not only when it is from memory, but even when able to regard it, most of us revert back to drawing the usual symbolism type of drawing of a face in general, which we learned in our childhood, either leaving the uniqueness of the face out or drawing it quite incorrectly...

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now