MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Terminology: Nearsight-Fixation Disease versus Myopia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminology: Nearsight-Fixation Disease versus Myopia
I have decided that I do not technically have myopia or nearsightedness - because that condition. as it is currently scientifically defined, denies that I could ever have had a true flash of clear distance vision, because my eyeballs are too long and my eye lenses are not flat enough and I cannot control either of those factors. Thus myopia is an irreversible organic condition, probably genetically-determined.
So, since I know that I have in fact had many instances of clear distance vision, and am gaining more and more control over my eyesight, I actually have nearsight-fixation disease: My eyes tend to fixate at the nearpoint for some reason, and they fixate unequally at that.
:Smile Wink
Good re-framing. Just the loosening of "my myopia" to "this myopia pattern I sometimes exhibit" can start people moving toward a more natural and healthy way of using their eyes. Give yourself a label and you'll live to that self-definition.
I think even better would be wording that implies that it's something you do rather than something you have. I like the word 'disorder' in this context, because that word sounds mutable, and people are somewhat familiar with the idea of psychological disorders that seem to take over a person but really have no basis in reality but habit, or in other words there's no organic thing causing it.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now