MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Work and vision problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work and vision problems
I am going to an interview tomorrow for a clothing store.
I have at least -4 vision now. I fixed my old glasses, because the ones I use to wear are far too strong.
Do you think I'd need them for a cash register?
I can see 12 or so inches away from a computer screen, depending how big the font is. This font I can see at 12inches.
So what do you think? :/
Also, I have been walking around just fine without any glasses since I started.
I ONLY wear glasses for driving because that's very important.

Other than that, I think I'd have a sense of where things are.
I have similar vision to you so you can always try what i do, pinhole glasses Smile
IndigoGhost is right. There are stylish pin-holes available.
(I would get a pair my self, but i don't know where to get them from...)

Anyway, stick with them!
Kayla,
For the job I'd wear the glasses on top of my head so they're available when I really need them, but do as much I can without them. This is how I drive. You might be able to stand a bit closer to the cash register at first. Congratulations on making "no glasses" the default for yourself - this is a big step many NVI practitioners get to slowly if at all. If you can do the job well the employers won't care if you have glasses on or not, and you may spread the word about NVI if people see you taking them on and off.
Nancy Wrote:Kayla,
For the job I'd wear the glasses on top of my head so they're available when I really need them, but do as much I can without them. This is how I drive. You might be able to stand a bit closer to the cash register at first. Congratulations on making "no glasses" the default for yourself - this is a big step many NVI practitioners get to slowly if at all. If you can do the job well the employers won't care if you have glasses on or not, and you may spread the word about NVI if people see you taking them on and off.
Kayla - I agree with Nancy, especially about letting people know you 'need' glasses, and inspiring them and you to spread the word about the Bates Method(s). I think you should also spread the word about neonatal eye antibiotics and their probable negative side-effects, but that's neither here nor there really. One thing I've noticed lately is that I am finally learning to look not just into people's eyes but into their pupils. I practiced in the mirror looking into my own eyes until I could see the pupils. Also adjusting my head/eyes/eyelids/viewing angle until I could see a lightpoint reflected off of each eyeball slightly above each pupil.
Ares Wrote:IndigoGhost is right. There are stylish pin-holes available.
(I would get a pair my self, but i don't know where to get them from...)

Anyway, stick with them!

Ebay ^.-
"For the job I'd wear the glasses on top of my head so they're available when I really need them, but do as much I can without them. This is how I drive. You might be able to stand a bit closer to the cash register at first."
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Just needed some reassurance. Didn't want to be all looking at everything really closely and out of the norm.

And a question: Pinhole glasses look like sunglasses, unless there are clear ones but I don't there are any.
Wouldn't that be a bit odd at work?
Kayla Wrote:"For the job I'd wear the glasses on top of my head so they're available when I really need them, but do as much I can without them. This is how I drive. You might be able to stand a bit closer to the cash register at first."
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Just needed some reassurance. Didn't want to be all looking at everything really closely and out of the norm. And a question: Pinhole glasses look like sunglasses, unless there are clear ones but I don't there are any.
Wouldn't that be a bit odd at work?
Yes that would be too odd for me, too. I was thinking about real glasses. When I started the Bates Method, there were times during the workday when I needed to put on some actual distance-improving lenses to perform a task. I kept those very handy.
Kayla Wrote:Wouldn't that be a bit odd at work?

Maybe, but personally I'm the type who really wont care what others think, its your eyes after all Tongue

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now