MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Is this a real "clear flash"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a real "clear flash"?
Hi, I'm new here (I've given my background in the introduction topic).

Anyways, I think I had a clear flash today but I'm not sure.

I was standing outside on the balcony at work, looking at the mountains and doing some edging, shifting, etc.  My eyes were really watering because it was bright out and I work in a dark room all day.  And then I palmed for a while.  When I looked up, everything was twice as clear as before.  I usually can't recognize people walking around outside (the balcony is on the 3rd floor) but during this "clear flash" I was able to recognize my coworker as he walked around.  And then I started to panic because I knew it would go away soon.  The only thing that makes me think that it might not be a clear flash is that I was seeing two clear(er) images side by side, as opposed to one.  It went away after I blink, but then if I closed my eyes briefly and opened then again it came back again.

Did I really experience a clear flash or was it the tears in my eyes lubricating my cornea that allowed me to see more clearly?

Joanna
I'm not a OD, and I'm not intelligent in the field of eyesight this is my opinion. Everything I say is based on experience.

Joanne I think it's clear flashes because when you palm and release, the muscle tensions are relaxed, results in better vision. For me tears usually cause more BLUR to my vision. My tears are foggy sometimes kind of look like oil floating on water surfaces.
I'd say it's a good sign. Anytime someone experiences something different and accidental like that as a result of Bates practice, then I interpret it as a good sign. It means that you let go of your eyes enough that you were able to experience something that you didn't expect and didn't control, and certainly the idea is to get out of stuck patterns of using the eyes. Keep at it, keep inviting change, and all kinds of weird things can happen.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks for the responses.  I'll keep doing the swinging, palming, relaxing, etc and hope that I'll get more positive signs.  I do notice that I've been feeling more relaxed around my neck/shoulder areas now, and I've been sleeping better at night.

I had another question.  I find that my vision tends to be the worst in the mornings, and gets better as the day goes by (so by the late evening, they're at their best).  Does this mean that when I sleep I'm really tense or something?  People always say that their eyes are the brightest/clearest in the morning, but not me.  Sad  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Joanna
Could be your tears bluring up your vision, or because you're closing your eyelids too hard during sleep which causes it to get no source for oxygen. I'm just guessing, but if you're doing the bate's method and other techniques I suggest you to eat nutritious food too. People say carrots are good for the eyes, some other fruits and vegies too. Don't do anything stupid like me though, when I heard news about carrots are nutritious for the eyes I got desperately excited and ate like 5 carrots..... End up barfing them all out. So take it easy.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now