MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Videogame Audiosurf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Videogame Audiosurf
I decided to have some fun Smile and downloaded the computer game Audiosurf.
Actually I think this game is good as an eyesight training computer program.
You focus on appearing blocks and can thus train the central fixation (Bates would have liked this Big Grin ).
Then you also can use your peripheral vision simultaneously.
You can let your own music control the path and tempo <(appearance) of the game,
so there is no chance that the game becomes boring.
If you play a ballad it must become relaxing at least.
If you play faster music the central fixation I guess comes without saying if you shall focus on the blocks.
I think you need to really select just one block and focus on it, one at a time, then it is good I guess for your eyes.
I will try it at least.
Here is how the game turned out with some trance music, but of course you can play it with your own very best music instead:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTxq1vu2vBg&p=02CC321B262D224A&playnext=1&index=23">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTxq1vu2 ... 1&index=23</a><!-- m -->
COOOOL ! This was really cool, wasn't it ?
Interesting game, but i will have to go through all the trouble searching for nice music to blend nicely with it...

Something like "Ride Of the Valkyries" would be to fast i thing, so i might go with "Riders On The Storm" (The good old version).

I will test it, and i will speak. 8)
Ares Wrote:Interesting game, but i will have to go through all the trouble searching for nice music to blend nicely with it...

Something like "Ride Of the Valkyries" would be to fast i thing, so i might go with "Riders On The Storm" (The good old version).

I will test it, and i will speak. 8)

I haven't installed this game yet, must pay so I will do it tomorrow, but on youtube you can see differnt clips.
I found out that for instance Enter Sandman with Metallica might get my eyes more relaxed,
at least my eyes feel really relaxed when I watch it, check it out:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_YRba5u44&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_YRba5 ... re=related</a><!-- m -->
I don't know about your songs but I will check them up later.
I think you get better connected to the unconscious mind when you listen to music so I guess this is good for your eyes.
Can't wait until I've found out.
Thanks alot for this topic man!

I really think that this game might improve your vision alot! also because of the black background and the visuals.. its like a package with everything you need for your eyes : )

I shall give it a try and post my improvments which I beleive there will be : )
This very nice little game over there!

But puts you in trouble finding some good music to use...
Anyone knows some good songs? :Smile

For the record, there are "ways" to download it for free, like test driving, and if you like it you can buy it. Something like a donation to those who made it. Just check your country laws. Some countries dosen;t accept the "test driving" logic...
(Don't forget to donate to useful N.V.I programs you may got as well.)
Ares Wrote:This very nice little game over there!

But puts you in trouble finding some good music to use...
Anyone knows some good songs? :Smile

For the record, there are "ways" to download it for free, like test driving, and if you like it you can buy it. Something like a donation to those who made it. Just check your country laws. Some countries dosen;t accept the "test driving" logic...
(Don't forget to donate to useful N.V.I programs you may got as well.)

Well, I haven't installed it yet, but I will soon try it, BUT i checked on youtube.
It is very important that you get the right music, I haven't found the one yet that is optimum, BUT:
I like this one since it seems to be more dynamic for your eyes:
[AudioSurf] Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (DJ Zany Mix) IronMode
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTorcA2nKt8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTorcA2nKt8</a><!-- m -->
I liked this one because it starts out pretty fast and you need to test your ability to keep focus on the detail despite that there is lots around, just keep into relaxation, then at mid song it suddenly slows down and you really just can relax, I think this song is pretty something special though it is not so known maybe. anyway my eyes relax.
Audiosurf - We shall never surrender
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tevb-Buap0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tevb-Buap0</a><!-- m -->
I watched those yesterday evening and today I got a clear moment of about 3 minutes of almost perfect sight.
Unfortunately I lost the clearness. I blinked as relaxed as I could for those 3 minutes.
Of course you lost your clear vision!
The mind will do what he had to do and reject it. Its natural.
We are not super-humans. Yet...

But with practice, you will get a clear moment, and another, and another, and posiibly very soon, you will have your perfect sight back!

Keep fighting!!!

Thanks for the music!

I tested with "Ride of The Valkyries" and was very nice.
I will also test with something from Mozart.

But i think Rock, Metal, Punk or other music genders offer more suitable music. Wink
But i want to try some good old "Greek Skyladika" music just for the fun of it! 8)
Great game.

I've got this game yesterday and played it, it motivated me a lot with metal music like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth... try it Wink
Ares Wrote:Of course you lost your clear vision!
The mind will do what he had to do and reject it. Its natural.
We are not super-humans. Yet...

But with practice, you will get a clear moment, and another, and another, and posiibly very soon, you will have your perfect sight back!

Keep fighting!!!

Thanks for the music!

I tested with "Ride of The Valkyries" and was very nice.
I will also test with something from Mozart.

But i think Rock, Metal, Punk or other music genders offer more suitable music. Wink
But i want to try some good old "Greek Skyladika" music just for the fun of it! 8)

I don't listen to metal normally, because I don't like it, BUT in this eyetraining with audiosurf I believe it relaxes your eyes more.
I think it is because the mind must have something to confront in able to relax. Something to relate to.
Because, the feeling for me is like due to it is so hard music I must relax even more, even more and so on,
like a self perpetuating spiral, relaxation diverge (expload) instead of converge (impload).
The first spontaneous thing I did was actually to check out Mozart, but sorry Mozart was nothing for my mind at least to confront to get relaxed. I was a little surprised to find out about this because I've always liked it.
Also I checked out my favourite "country roads", but to my surprise there was nothing there either for my mind to confront to get me into more relaxed eyes.
Is my minds eye a hardrocker despite that I don't usually listen to it, might be so actually, my god it might be a little haunter left in the minds eye. >Big Grin Big Grin
When I grew up I listened to synth-music and hated hardrock.
I now found out that this is not what my mind really liked maybe, at least when it comes to relaxation.
What a heck is going on here ! Do you have to change personality to get perfect sight, it seems so.
I will try Ave Maria with Sarah Brightman when I eventually hopfully get this installation ready, Big Grin
and it would be very strange if I cannot relax my eyes to her music because I think she has the best voice and delivers relaxation out in the fingertips. I hope so at least so i don't have to change personality completely. Big Grin
What can i say...
Except "Ride Of Valkyries" anything else from Wagner was boring to use and didn't relaxed me.
But the tracks used can relax me if i just lay down and listen to them.

Mozart's Requiem was relaxing for me.

But truly, the best songs i tested was Rock, Metal, Punk and a bit of Techno.

It seems that the mind like blending these music genders with the visuals of the game. Strange...

But if it helps, who cares? :Smile
Ares Wrote:What can i say...
Except "Ride Of Valkyries" anything else from Wagner was boring to use and didn't relaxed me.
But the tracks used can relax me if i just lay down and listen to them.

Mozart's Requiem was relaxing for me.

But truly, the best songs i tested was Rock, Metal, Punk and a bit of Techno.

It seems that the mind like blending these music genders with the visuals of the game. Strange...

But if it helps, who cares? :Smile

Ares or maybe someone else interested:
I have to understand why mind gets in the way in this videogame, otherwise I cannot improve my vision with this game.
I will buy Audiosurf next week by the way, because I didn't manage to install it from my download.
You say that you like for instance punk when it comes to vision, Big Grin
but when it comes to just listening to music you maybe don't like punk so much as you rather listen to Wagner when you just listen to music. :-\
There is thus a conflict in your mind, one half of your mind prefers punk while the other half of your mind prefers Wagner instead.
This is a conflict when it comes to control the vision system.
Basically your mind totally agrees that listening to music is good in this game, so your mind can at least decide that you shall play the game in some way with music. The question is what music should be played.
It is the same with vision.
All parts of the mind agrees that the vision system shall be controlled in some way to get some fuzzy sight at least.
Now this basic control function is certainly part of the basic mind.
Then you also have the advanced mind on top of the basic mind.
When the body gets stressed the basic mind gets dominant and the advanced mind basically stops to work (gets inactive, powered down).
That was not good at all that the advanced mind is turned off when you are stressed right, because then the parts of the mind can no longer work together cooperate, and thus some misfunction is produced in some way somewhere instead of activating recover functions and so on.
Though, remark that if you loose some function WITHIN one half of the mind, for instance WITHIN the advanced mind, then it doesn't matter because the advanced mind is based on Fourier that causes memorization to be spread out all over the place of the advanced mind such that if information is lost it doesn't matter because the information does not depend on memory location, this is the holographic memory principle in the brain.
Thus if you forget something, it doesn't matter because every part contains the whole.
Though, it seems to me that the holographic memory principle does not connect in between the basic mind and the advanced mind.
Because, if it did, then noone should be nearsighted. If it did then the advanced mind shouldn't be turned off when you get stressed.
Now how shall you cure the mind then.
Well, you need to relax to avoid the stress, I think everyone agrees to this.
But, the mind also needs to integrate together more so it will be better communication inbetween the basic mind and the advanced mind,
because only then the advanced control functions can work. The basic mind control functions controls your vision in a way that causes coars result, thus fuzzy eyesight. The advanced mind control functions works on top of the basic mind. The advanced mind control functions causes an advanced regulation of eyesight such that the eyesight becomes sharp (precise), its about precision movements in accomodation and so on.
If the basic and advanced minds can work together as one then you thus will get perfect sight !
I believe peripheral vision is a key to integrate the basic and advanced minds to get a whole mind that thus as just one complete mind can cover the holographic principles, and thus due to this every part of this complete mind contains the whole, thus you get access to the original eyesight algorithm that was buried in the subconscious memory.
Now imagine that you state that you like punk, then the advanced mind is turned off for instance.
Now imagine that you state that you like Wagner, then the basic mind is somewhat performance ruduced for instance.
Now imagine that you state that you both like Wagner and punk, then both the basic mind and the advanced mind is turned on, good because then you can get perfect sight.

So this means that if you play the game you actually must learn to relax both to punk and Wagner, despite that you maybe don't like it.
Think of it, if you cannot relax to some kind of music it is interesting right.
If you can relax to some kind of music it is not so interesting right, at least maybe when it comes to improving your eyesight, though mabe it is better than not relaxing at all.
So in order to learn to relax the eyes under any circumstances and under any severe conditions you must train to relax to the music you couldn't relax to.
This is the key of this game, to get a more integrated mind, and thus better mind control of eysight.
So a strong mind have all possibilities with all exits open as well as all entrances open, that is a strong mind.
Remark that the subconscious mind is a huge memory that the mind has only access to completely if the mind is made to work more integrated.

I think the basics to achieve this is simple, i.e. wide peripheral vision and simultaneously focus on a point with the central vision, the focus point must move or you must move your body.

Do you agree with this ? You seem to be wise, why do you think you will improve your eyesight with this videogame ??
I mean, even if the game is good there could of course be much better alternatives to use to get better vision.
For instance you can just watch a movie and focus on details in that movie.
I still think though that the game creates a lot of motion and information, that you can train to oversee in order to improve seeing just a one detail (central fixation) in this mess of information. So if you do it right you shall be relaxed even if you play for instance Megadeath with this game !
The bad thing with the game is maybe that you should focus longer on one and the very same point of an object, because the object disappears just after a little while. This is bad but also good because then you must shift to a new object, but the shifts maybe is to fast for the eye, at least for a beginner.
Smile
Well, I will get the game next week by post and I will try it then.
Actually, i am a bit complicated...
I didn't tasted punk rhythms while hating punk. I had already some punk rhythm tracks that i liked. Actually mixed with punk rhythms... Not clearly punk music.

As you noticed, i like Wagner and Mozart and other Classic/Romantic era composers and music styles. But i don;t like anything from Wagner or Mozart or anyone.

Personally, i am not judging music by its gender. I can hear from all types of Rock, Metal, Classics and Operas, Greek Dog-Songs, Rap, American Country, Rockabilly, Native American's Music, Movie Soundtracks and generally anything i like or found interesting.

But for example, i didn't listen to Techno. Actually i was founding that music nerve-breaking.
But in this game, it blends nicely!

I like when music is combined with the visuals.
From the Ancient Hellenic Theater to Hollywood, this is a very important factor that can make a movie magnificent or destroy it.
Thats why i like see Operas in the Theater or in Video. Just listen to Opera is not the same, you can't live it like when you are in the Theater.

Also Video and Audio have greater effect together than alone.

I prefer games than movies because in games you live what you see. You attention is drawn if the action is fast, you senses will get totally focused, you don;t even have time to think and you have to act on instinct. Even if you notice that this is happening, you can;t think of it and you will have to focus again fast on the game.

Same think can't happen with movies that easy.

The point of all these gaming is to get relaxed and silence the Mind. Also the fast action helps the eyes relax anyway.
That relaxation and silence is important for me so i can close my eyes and imagine or remember better. Then the vision will become better as it has already happen in the past year.
Since i threw my glasses, my goal is perfection. And judging the condition of my mind a year and a half before, it will take some time.

I think you see a debate here...
Truth is, there is no debate. Here we are all Seeker of Truth and Learners. No one has the title of the Master or would like to hold such a title.

You may have right, may I have right, maybe we are both wrong, maybe we are both correct. who knows?
People are different. Different thinks work for different people.

So, if you have some tips, or knowledge you believe that can help others, you have to start a new Thread to keep thinks organized, and present what you have to present. Wink

As i said in another post, i will test what you say. Sounds very interesting.
But give me and to others a "Map" to follow.
(Yes, the Thread is the Map Wink )
Ares Wrote:Actually, i am a bit complicated...
I didn't tasted punk rhythms while hating punk. I had already some punk rhythm tracks that i liked. Actually mixed with punk rhythms... Not clearly punk music.

As you noticed, i like Wagner and Mozart and other Classic/Romantic era composers and music styles. But i don;t like anything from Wagner or Mozart or anyone.

Personally, i am not judging music by its gender. I can hear from all types of Rock, Metal, Classics and Operas, Greek Dog-Songs, Rap, American Country, Rockabilly, Native American's Music, Movie Soundtracks and generally anything i like or found interesting.

But for example, i didn't listen to Techno. Actually i was founding that music nerve-breaking.

From the Ancient Hellenic Theater to Hollywood, this is a very important factor that can make a movie magnificent or destroy it.
Thats why i like see Operas in the Theater or in Video. Just listen to Opera is not the same, you can't live it like when you are in the Theater.

I prefer games than movies because in games you live what you see. You attention is drawn if the action is fast, you senses will get totally focused, you don;t even have time to think and you have to act on instinct. Even if you notice that this is happening, you can;t think of it and you will have to focus again fast on the game.

The point of all these gaming is to get relaxed and silence the Mind. Also the fast action helps the eyes relax anyway.
That relaxation and silence is important for me so i can close my eyes and imagine or remember better. Then the vision will become better as it has already happen in the past year.
Since i threw my glasses, my goal is perfection. And judging the condition of my mind a year and a half before, it will take some time.

Truth is, there is no debate. Here we are all Seeker of Truth and Learners. No one has the title of the Master or would like to hold such a title.

You may have right, may I have right, maybe we are both wrong, maybe we are both correct. who knows?

So, if you have some tips, or knowledge you believe that can help others, you have to start a new Thread to keep thinks organized, and present what you have to present. Wink

Now my intention actually originally was to run the game with some music that you listened to in childhood, and thus through this music that you listened to in childhood be able to recall the eyesight algorithms in the subconscious mind that you used as a child when you actually had perfect sight, and thus recall the perfect sight via the game, but unfortunately I didn't listen to hardrock in my childhood so this very game doesn't work concerning this idea that I had. Those childhood songs I guess does not fit in a relaxed way with the graphics in this game, only due to the game graphics. BUT, I still think my idea is really interesting, despite that this very game didn't fit very well with childhood songs. Maybe you can think about some other way to recall the childhood perfect eyesight via the music you listened to as a child.

Ok, we have at least one good eyesight training method you can exercise sometimes for days when you feel for some good hardrock or punk, I have such days too.
I actually really like Metallica so this is good news for me.
I listened to an interview with the singer in Metallica and I got the impression that he was god at hearing when music sounds relaxed, that is why Metallica is so good in this Audiosurf game I guess. That was why I checked out Metallica in the first place.
Mozart Requieme was nice.
hammer Wrote:
Ares Wrote:Actually, i am a bit complicated...

Now my intention actually originally was to run the game with some music that you listened to in childhood, and thus through this music that you listened to in childhood be able to recall the eyesight algorithms in the subconscious mind that you used as a child when you actually had perfect sight, and thus recall the perfect sight via the game, but unfortunately I didn't listen to hardrock in my childhood so this very game doesn't work concerning this idea that I had. Those childhood songs I guess does not fit in a relaxed way with the graphics in this game, only due to the game graphics. BUT, I still think my idea is really interesting, despite that this very game didn't fit very well with childhood songs. Maybe you can think about some other way to recall the childhood perfect eyesight via the music you listened to as a child.

Ok, we have at least one good eyesight training method you can exercise sometimes for days when you feel for some good hardrock or punk, I have such days too.
I actually really like Metallica so this is good news for me.
I listened to an interview with the singer in Metallica and I got the impression that he was god at hearing when music sounds relaxed, that is why Metallica is so good in this Audiosurf game I guess. That was why I checked out Metallica in the first place.
Mozart Requieme was nice.

Some good news then. Smile
I think my eyes tend to move more relaxed by will after having watched these audiosurf videos.
Before I had some problem to shift focus from one point to another but it seems to have improved a bit already.
My eyes are reacting faster, smoother and more on impulse when shifting focus from one point to another.
This makes it easier to concentrate on focusing on a detail (point), because otherwise you actually are caught in the microworld, and you don't want to feel that you are caught in the microworld. You know I don't know what it is called in english when you have a fear of going into caves for instance and so on, because you don't know what hides in there, and I think it is similar to such a feeling, that thus decreases when exercising with this game. At least this is my view.
I actually liked one hardrock group when I was younger, Fear Factory, but I was pretty much alone to like it, almost everyone I knew said this music was terrible, but I still think this music added some deep meaning to my life, more sincere message, but I had one friend that honestly thought they were super at least Big Grin, watch them:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mVcptpEpQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1mVcptpEpQ</a><!-- m -->
Ok, guys, are you tired of this game right, was it too easy ? Don't worry. Wink :Smile
Then chapter two begins, this chapter is called the ultimate diverging test, why, because you need to close your eyes and play this game in your head in 3D! just using your 3D imagination, Smile then you need to play the music your mind really likes and really can relax to, your ultimate music, your mind is set free, then the game can start for real, but remember, it is your minds eye that shall work, close your eyes and relax, otherwise you are not gonna succeed to imagine all the objects in your head and the action you need to be able to play it in your head, you will notice if your music really relax you, because if your mind doesn't like the music you are playing then you will not succeeed with the game.
When your ready with chapter two then chapter three begins, this chapter is called the ultimate converging test, because you need to play the game backwards instead in your mind with closed eyes. Remember you must feel relaxed, else stop this training.
When your ready with chapter three then chapter four begins, this chapter is called the ultimate chaos test, because you need to play the game both forward and backwards and the blocks are going in any direction in your 3D imagination. Remember you must feel relaxed, else stop this training.
Do you think this was too difficult, well, you shall handle this if your mind is relaxed, no problem, because my mind has seen 20 times better than a normal person in a lucid dream.
If you wanna begin with some easier more slow game, then just imagine one single 3D soapbubble instead of all the blocks and imagine that this soapbubble is flying away in your imagination, and you shall be aware of the distance from you to the soapbubble, and that you are like a child, you see the colours in the soapbubble and you wanna catch it, but it is going away too far, but then the soapbubble comes back to you again, lifting sinking very slowly. Well, I thought it was fun to imagine this because I listened to very very very good relaxing music simultaneously.
I just wanna tell you how my progress is with this game, I have installed it in my imagination. :Smile

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now