MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
what's swinging like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's swinging like?
i have only done this one a few times mostly because i don't see the swing and get frustrated, but i was standing a few inches from the chart and practicing it, when i thought i was getting the central fixations, swinging thing. it's not very fast is it? it's kind of like the letters come in and out of focus, which makes it seems to swing as you switch from letter to letter. i look at one letter, and it's the darkest, and i'm focused on it, but then i switch over to the other, and then it's infocus, and the other isn't and yeah... kind of confusing, but is that the swing thing that bates said happens sometimes?
Ever seen animals like Lions or Tigers walking?
You will notice that they tend to swing their heads left and right.
(Didn't found a good enough video to show)

That something that humans are meant to do.
At distance, its not meant to look at just one point. Eyes will be ordered by the mind to look at details or changes.

Basically, if you look at the PC monitor and then outside of the window you got a nice swing i believe. Not how its supposed to look like, is not something i can tell, because we are different and may look different for one person to another. People with normal vision i think they didn't even notice anything special. Not to mention they are not aware of swinging.

But if you tell them and let them see something like a Letter on the Snellen chart, they will see it moving a bit.

So we have the swing of the eyes that the mind uses to find small changes or examine detail where we are looking at, and the swing of the head that is used to see things the mind notices peripherally, but they are interesting enough so the mind wants to focus the Central Fixation on them.

Also there is the body swing when the whole body swings so the eyes can focus on a point of interest and is also an ability we need as Predators to scan a small or a larger open area.
Hollywood stereotype of the Police Officers storming a place in seconds and yelling "Clear" while you can;t even see if they saw the whole room or not. Actually really trained operators can do it much faster than actors.
Also check the "animalistic" presentation of Predators in the "Predator" or "AVP" movies. For example, if they hear a sound, in just a moment they swing their whole body to have eye contacts and scan the area, while they have taken a battle-ready position with their weapons ready to strike targets in that direction.

So, thats my opinion about swinging and the discrimination of swings. Maybe i am wrong in something, maybe i am not.

Yes, i found the "Bates Full Body Swing" method a bit unnatural, so instead i am trying t act like a primitive human hunting with a spear. I use a long wooden stick instead of a spear.
Maybe sounds strange, but it seems when you imagine a life threatening situation or a hunting situation, the Mind tends to see better.

For the record, i haven't read much of what Bates wrote about swinging. Some words and idioms where beyond my understanding, so i left that stuff for later times when i will translate them. But damn PC can't be stabilized and i do formats all the time!
Ares Wrote:Ever seen animals like Lions or Tigers walking?
You will notice that they tend to swing their heads left and right.
(Didn't found a good enough video to show)

That something that humans are meant to do.
At distance, its not meant to look at just one point. Eyes will be ordered by the mind to look at details or changes.

Basically, if you look at the PC monitor and then outside of the window you got a nice swing i believe. Not how its supposed to look like, is not something i can tell, because we are different and may look different for one person to another. People with normal vision i think they didn't even notice anything special. Not to mention they are not aware of swinging.

But if you tell them and let them see something like a Letter on the Snellen chart, they will see it moving a bit.

So we have the swing of the eyes that the mind uses to find small changes or examine detail where we are looking at, and the swing of the head that is used to see things the mind notices peripherally, but they are interesting enough so the mind wants to focus the Central Fixation on them.

Also there is the body swing when the whole body swings so the eyes can focus on a point of interest and is also an ability we need as Predators to scan a small or a larger open area.
Hollywood stereotype of the Police Officers storming a place in seconds and yelling "Clear" while you can;t even see if they saw the whole room or not. Actually really trained operators can do it much faster than actors.
Also check the "animalistic" presentation of Predators in the "Predator" or "AVP" movies. For example, if they hear a sound, in just a moment they swing their whole body to have eye contacts and scan the area, while they have taken a battle-ready position with their weapons ready to strike targets in that direction.

So, thats my opinion about swinging and the discrimination of swings. Maybe i am wrong in something, maybe i am not.

Yes, i found the "Bates Full Body Swing" method a bit unnatural, so instead i am trying t act like a primitive human hunting with a spear. I use a long wooden stick instead of a spear.
Maybe sounds strange, but it seems when you imagine a life threatening situation or a hunting situation, the Mind tends to see better.

For the record, i haven't read much of what Bates wrote about swinging. Some words and idioms where beyond my understanding, so i left that stuff for later times when i will translate them. But damn PC can't be stabilized and i do formats all the time!

I agree, but a lion or tiger has not a human central fixation on a one point that is most clear. Instead of a point the lion and tiger see the horizon ( thus a strip) most clear. So a lion and a tiger doesn't have to move their eyes when they are just looking at the horizon. If a human should have the central fixation of a lion, then it would be very easy to read a book. Smile But we haven't this ability because we are designed to live in trees, instead we have strain in the eyes. So there is a reason why the lion has this ability.
Indeed.
But observing Lions and Tigers and Documentaries is more easy to find and more interesting. Despite Apes, who are primarily herbivores, we are primarily omnivore. Following "Darwin's Theory Of Evolution" or "Ares' Theory of Evolution", in both cases humans where developed into Predators.

But the animal observed is not the point. Every animal in the wild, or even pets, can be ideal to observe.

Since i got the chance, i believe i have to mention the use of the natural swinging in Hollywood in unhuman stereotypes. Predators, Vampires, Werewolfs, other mythological creatures. All of them have shown patterns that humans is natural to use but are presented in a way to make humans think its unhuman.

Can't blame them though. If you randomly pick 100 people, 95 of them will have a small error of refraction, 4 will have temporary good vision or temporary bad vision and only one will have natural eyesight.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download