MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Familiar Objects

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Familiar Objects
Any opinions on this?

Babies, children and adults learn to see clear by first shifting on a new object: moving the visual attention from part to part on the object, becoming familiar with it, the brain visualizing, creating, storing a clear mental and visual picture of the object in the memory, imagination. In this way, the object is seen clear by the function of the brain activating, retrieving the clear memory picture of the object each time the eyes look at the object. The brain works with the eyes, eye muscles to move the eyes, visual attention on the object correct and see it clear. The object becomes familiar, easy to see and the brain, eyes relax, function perfect and the object is seen clear.
The pattern of eye movement can change, vary each time the eyes look at the object but the brain will also produce certain eye movements for that specific object, the brain knows how to move the eyes, visual attention on that objects specific shape; Example: The brain moves the eyes, visual attention differently on a round and a square shape.
Example: The eyes move the visual attention (center of the visual field) on the round areas of a apple, center, along edges, top, bottom, sides....
If the eyes try to move on the apple as if it has a square shape, squared edges… then the eyes will be moving, looking out into space sometimes, away from the apple. This will be diffusion, eccentric fixation, no central fixation because the eyes are not on the object . Moving the visual attention, center of the visual field along, around the edges, corners of a apple is different than moving along the edge of a square.
A memorized, familiar object activates easy eye movement, shifting part to part, perfectly on the object, perfect central fixation, the object is seen clear.

Familiar objects are easy to see, relax the mind, eyes, vision is clear.
This is why Dr. Bates advises keeping a familar, memorized eyechart in the classroom.
clarknight Wrote:Any opinions on this?

Babies, children and adults learn to see clear by first shifting on a new object: moving the visual attention from part to part on the object, becoming familiar with it, the brain visualizing, creating, storing a clear mental and visual picture of the object in the memory, imagination. In this way, the object is seen clear by the function of the brain activating, retrieving the clear memory picture of the object each time the eyes look at the object. The brain works with the eyes, eye muscles to move the eyes, visual attention on the object correct and see it clear. The object becomes familiar, easy to see and the brain, eyes relax, function perfect and the object is seen clear.
The pattern of eye movement can change, vary each time the eyes look at the object but the brain will also produce certain eye movements for that specific object, the brain knows how to move the eyes, visual attention on that objects specific shape; Example: The brain moves the eyes, visual attention differently on a round and a square shape.
Example: The eyes move the visual attention (center of the visual field) on the round areas of a apple, center, along edges, top, bottom, sides....
If the eyes try to move on the apple as if it has a square shape, squared edges… then the eyes will be moving, looking out into space sometimes, away from the apple. This will be diffusion, eccentric fixation, no central fixation because the eyes are not on the object . Moving the visual attention, center of the visual field along, around the edges, corners of a apple is different than moving along the edge of a square.
A memorized, familiar object activates easy eye movement, shifting part to part, perfectly on the object, perfect central fixation, the object is seen clear.

Familiar objects are easy to see, relax the mind, eyes, vision is clear.
This is why Dr. Bates advises keeping a familar, memorized eyechart in the classroom.

When I read your message I thought of the clouds I used to look at a summer day as a child, how relaxing it was, the round edges, the visualization, what does a cloud look like, a cow, thinking I was there on the cloud sleeping drifting away to another world, no stress, awareness, the light, the contrast, I like your view of things. I shouldn't post one more video, but I just have to, I mean it is a lucid dream through the clouds to let you now the feeling:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zepm2HaGvHw&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zepm2HaG ... re=related</a><!-- m -->
Nice video.
I use clouds to help draw pictures: look at the clouds, then draw a pic of what the cloud looks like: horse, bird...
Do the same with doodeling - a scribble: scribble on a paper, then see what images appear, then create a picture out of it.
Good for the memory, imagination. The mind, eyes have to move to inspect the clouds, scribble to see a image appear.
I find that hobbies relax the eyes, mind.
Like Thomas Quackenbush teaches in his class; We palm and think one object, thing and let the mind drift on it to other things, objects that come into the mind, then pass it on to the next person to continue the imagery, story:
Clouds look like mash potatoes, then I start to think abou/visualize the white, blue plate, yellow butter on the potatoes, pinch of salt, us kids back in 1963 sitting around the table, always hungry, my cousin Mike saying: "Hey Liz, look at the birdie!", as he points out the kitchen window and she turns around and Mike quickly scoops 1/2 of her potatoes onto his plate. She looks back, everyones trying not to laugh with a sneaky look on their face, she looks down and starts crying! Auntie puts more food on her plate.
hammer Wrote:
clarknight Wrote:When I read your message I thought of the clouds I used to look at a summer day as a child, how relaxing it was, the round edges, the visualization, what does a cloud look like, a cow, thinking I was there on the cloud sleeping drifting away to another world, no stress, awareness, the light, the contrast, I like your view of things. I shouldn't post one more video, but I just have to, I mean it is a lucid dream through the clouds to let you now the feeling:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zepm2HaGvHw&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zepm2HaG ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

Thank you for sharing that video! I loved it and it was very relaxing. I also saw a lot of images in the clouds.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download