MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Recommended modern eyes improvement book? one only...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended modern eyes improvement book? one only...
Hi,
Long time no post. Tried some bates method years ago through this forum and
got distracted, still no improvement, in fact my eyes got worse now. Well I dont want to whine further Smile
btw, the only positive thing that I can actually feel now is my eyes are less sensitive to light
because of occasional sunning.

Now, I need suggestion from you guys. If I could just have one reference book regarding natural vision improvement
what would you suggest?

I need book that is modern ( bates book is hard to digest for me, I have the pdf),
have good reputation and easy to read/understand. Maybe not to over bias toward to bates--method-only?
Book that I can grab whenever I want to do eyes exercise that I can reread and refer to again and again
without opening my laptop.

Again, please understand me,
bates book is hard to digest for me. I have had reread that book. I'm not native english speaker. Moreover,
it's in my computer. It's incovenient.

I just need one good, real paper, eyes improvement book.

Thanks a lot.
Ehm... are you eating paper?
We have the same meaning of "Book Digesting" in Hellenic so i understand that, but i doubt if it makes any sense in English. :Smile

So, allow me to "translate" you for the other to understand.If i got it right, you can;t understand what Bates saying at some points. Thats something that happens even to native speakers. This book is 100 years old, so there where many changes in the ways of speaking.

"Modern" books, are actually Bates method explained in different ways and with high price tags. Often they come with "accessories" included or some other books, or DVDs, in the form of packages.

But lets be honest now...
Understanding a book is a very hard thing... I know people who study English for years and have degrees, but the can't understand a book more that 90-80%.
So, judge your knowledge of English, and decide if you want a book in English, or try to find one in your Native. But can't guaranty the quality of the translation...
Also you can use translators and dictionaries to translate in your native. This also requires judgment from you to make a meaning.

But the most beneficial method is always to learn better English.
English are easy. Wink
Dear all,

First, let me introduce myself. I am a French translator of 33. I discovered the Bates method through Aldous Huxley's book two years and a half ago. I was then at -4/-3,25. I immediately discarded my glasses. I very quickly bought Janet Goodrich's book as well as Dr. Bates'. My first progress was amazing : after two weeks I had won almost a diopter on each eye !

My progress slowed sometimes, lately it has been rather great. Walking down the street I can sometimes, and during several minutes, see what is written on the shop window accross the big avenue. I suppose I tend to do and want too much, which may induce a strain, but I am quite satisfied nevertheless. I have -1/-1,5 transition glasses, but for driving only. I rarely drive, by the way, but I ride a bicycle.

All this to tell you that I have been relentlessly browsing the web looking for more tips (a characteristic of myopes, obviously). I bought Evgenia Mehler' method (unleash you vision), which is extremely well thought and detailed. It is a very personalized course, Evgenia is really kind and caring. Though, if I had only one book to recommend, it would be the just-published "practical guide to Natural Vision Improvement" by Carina Goodrich. It is very clear and structured.

All the best,

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now