MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Help on Palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help on Palming
Hello guys! Smile

Whether you know or not, I've had difficulties in palming effectively and I'm still clueless as to how to do it well. Help is much appreciated.

I don't know how to explain it, but when I palm, it feels nice, but yet, if I stop at any time and look at a Snellen, I generally find that my vision is either the same as before or worse than before.

The methods I've tried: imagining black, remembering an enjoyable memory, not thinking of anything, concentrating on breathing only, visualizing the letters of the alphabet, visualizing a period with shifting.

I know I'm missing something.

So I ask those of you who have succeeded at it before:
Is it generally true that the longer one palms, the better?
What's your favorite method of palming?
Were you successful from the start? If not, what did you learn that helped you palm successfully?
When is the best time to palm?
How often and for how long do you usually palm?
How important would you say that palming is for the vision?

Again, thanks in advance for any advice or help. Smile
Hey I found how to palm properly by asking someone who has perfect vision specifically what relaxation feels like. I suggest you find someone to ask too.

It was described as a sensation of your mind falling back slightly away from the body. You need to aim to have your mind not trying to control your body in anyway and the only way to do it is to do nothing.

Your mind will resist in the beginning and a lot of fear will arise when you do let go briefly. This is normal. You know you've hit the right method when a strong overwhelming fear sensation arises. This is the fear that palming will eventually resolve too because you're letting go of the fear.

The mind should eventually to let all of this go and restore normal vision. It has no choice but to let it go if you persist.
Thanks. That sounds more than reasonable. Smile
It's a pity that I don't know anyone with 20/20 vision, but your description seemed pretty complete to me.
Watch out for testing your vision as soon as you stop palming to see if it got better. (I speak from my end-gaining experience.) Just enjoy the increased relaxation as long as you can.
noneother Wrote:Hey I found how to palm properly by asking someone who has perfect vision specifically what relaxation feels like. I suggest you find someone to ask too.

It was described as a sensation of your mind falling back slightly away from the body. You need to aim to have your mind not trying to control your body in anyway and the only way to do it is to do nothing.

Your mind will resist in the beginning and a lot of fear will arise when you do let go briefly. This is normal. You know you've hit the right method when a strong overwhelming fear sensation arises. This is the fear that palming will eventually resolve too because you're letting go of the fear.

The mind should eventually to let all of this go and restore normal vision. It has no choice but to let it go if you persist.

+1
Always felt like that before seeing perfect black or before i had a clear flash.
Yeah there can be a few problems with palming. One, as Nancy says, anticipating a test as soon as opening your eyes can destroy your attempts entirely or make your eyesight bad at the precise moment when you open them. But also there are people, who cannot palm at first, because they strain when closing their eyes. In that case, you just want to abandon your palming for a while and replace the time spent with swinging, shifting, sunning or fine-print reading if those work better. You can also try to relax with your eyes open by regarding a blank wall.
@Andrea Major: Thanks. I think I belong to the latter group. I’ve found that simply closing my eyes is more effective than palming.
i wouldn't say that i've ever had "perfect" clarity after palming just, yet, but i have palmed successfully before.
basically, when i try to over think things, or plan what i'm imagining or thinking, or thinking about what i WANT to see after, i STRAIN.

i can't make myself see black so i imagine random things in my head. i don't really think: i let it happen. when i've got a memory, while i'm envisioning, i try to think of the details, the depth, the clarity. kind of hard to explain, but i kind of delve into the picture.

I feel the warmth on my face and gradually when i'm relaxing, my muscles loosen up, and i feel like my body is loose enough to fall asleep, mentally as well.
when i open my eyes, they feel refreshed and warm, the lighting is more intense.

DON'T assess yourself while you are palming, think about the experience later. the key is to get lost in the moment.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now