MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can glaucoma be recorrected?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can glaucoma be recorrected?
I have a very high myopic eye and recently I have been diagnosed with Glaucoma when I visisted an eye hospital for just normal eye-check-up.
Moreover I use to work in front of computer for nearly 9-10 hours a day.
When I returned home after the check uo, I browsed internet for the causes and any aid that can improve eye-sight. Fortunately I have found Bate Method. Since then I have been practicing and following Bate Method.

By the way the doctor strictly prescribed me that I need to put drops (some opthalmic drops) through out my life.

My question to all of you friends is that can Glaucoma be treated or can the damanged nerves be regenerated?

Please help...

Is there anyone who have experinced the same case ?

Any suggestions or success stories would be highly appreciated..

And how someone new to this method would start practicing the same

Thanx a lot in advance.
I don't recall if Bates said anything about glaucoma in particular (someone else can comment on that), but I am sure that using his methods would likely improve your eyes in some way or another. Because of your high myopia, it seems likely that you could benefit from his exercises, and I suppose it is possible that improper usage of your eyes might have been part of the reason for your glaucoma (but I don't want to be presumptuous).

In any case, Bates' method is good for the eyes because the "exercises" promote proper eye usage. I encourage you to continue pursing it, because at the very least you could serve as an example to others of the effect of his methods on glaucoma.

Let us know how it goes!
From Perfect Sight Without Glasses:

Mental strain may produce many different kinds of eyestrain. According to the statement of most authorities there is only one kind of eyestrain, an indefinite thing resulting from so-called overuse of the eyes, or an effort to overcome a wrong shape of the eyeball. It can be demonstrated, however, that there is not only a different strain for each different error of refraction, but a different strain for most abnormal conditions of the eye. The strain that produces an error of refraction is not the same as the strain that produces a squint, or a cataract, or glaucoma, or amblyopia, or inflammation of the conjunctiva or of the margin of the lids, or disease of the optic nerve or retina. All these conditions may exist with only a slight error of refraction, and while the relief of one strain usually means the relief of any others that may coexist with it, it sometimes happens that the strain associated with such conditions as cataract and glaucoma is relieved without the complete relief of the strain that causes the error of refraction. Even the pain that so often accompanies errors of refraction is never caused by the same strain that causes these errors. Some myopes cannot read without pain or discomfort, but most of them suffer no inconvenience. When the hypermetrope regards an object at the distance the hypermetropia is lessened, but pain and discomfort may be increased. While there are many strains, however, there is only one cure for all of them. namely, relaxation.
The health of the eye depends upon the blood, and, circulation is very largely influenced by thought. When thought is normal—that is, not attended by any excitement or strain—the circulation in the brain is normal, the supply of blood to the optic nerve and the visual centers is normal, and the vision is perfect. When thought is abnormal the circulation is disturbed, the supply of blood to the optic nerve and visual centers is altered, and the vision lowered. We can consciously think thoughts which disturb the circulation and lower the visual power; we can also consciously think thoughts that will restore normal circulation, and thereby cure, not only all errors of refraction, but many other abnormal conditions of the eyes. We cannot by any amount of effort make ourselves see, but by learning to control our thoughts we can accomplish that end indirectly.

…

Not only do all errors of refraction and all functional disturbances of the eye disappear when it sees by central fixation, but many organic conditions are relieved or cured. I am unable to set any limits to its possibilities. I would not have ventured to predict that glaucoma, incipient cataract and syphilitic iritis could be cured by central fixation; but It is a fact that these conditions have disappeared when central fixation was attained. Relief was often obtained in a few minutes, and, in rare cases, this relief was permanent. Usually, however, a permanent cure required more prolonged treatment. Inflammatory conditions of all kinds, including inflammation of the cornea, iris, conjunctiva, the various coats of the eyeball and even the optic nerve itself, have been benefited by central fixation after other methods had failed. Infections, as well as diseases caused by protein poisoning and the poisons of typhoid fever, influenza, syphilis and gonorrhea, have also been benefited by it. Even with a foreign body in the eye there is no redness and no pain so long as central fixation is retained.

…

Not only does the memory of perfect sight relieve pain and the symptoms of disease, but in some cases it produces manifest relief of the causes of these symptoms. Coughs, colds, hay fever, rheumatism and glaucoma are among the conditions that have been relieved in this way.

…

In many cases of glaucoma not only the pain, but the tension which is often associated with the pain, has been completely relieved by palming. In some cases permanent relief of the tension has followed one treatment. In others many treatments have been required.

[the emphasis is mine]
And there you have it Smile
Yeah
thanx seetheleaves;

It's been 3 weeks that I have visited the doctor and they have prescribed some drops (2 to be exact) which have to be put thourhgout my life-span.
In the meantime I have been practising the Palming, Swinging and Swaying (mostly in the night when I am about to sleep) and Sunning(when the Sun appears in the morning).
The doctor had measured my IOP as 28(L) and 30® when I visited 3 weeks back but yesterday I went for follow-up (check-up) again as they had advised me to.This time the IOP has been reduced to 16 (both eyes) a drastic and surprising reduction. Still the doctors want to bring down the pressure though 16 is quite normal for normal eye. But for my case , they want it be reduced, somewhere around 8-12. I dont know.

I dont know whether its because of the excercises or the eye-drops.

Whateever the reason may be, I am going pursue these exercises throughout my life as it gives some pleasant feeling with the hope that it will somehow enhance my vision.

By the way I need to know the procedures or sequences as well as timing of these exercises to be practised to attain the maximum or effective results.

Thanx everyone.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciative.
You're welcome, fluffydice Smile

I found this too - It's an entire Bate's magazine issue on Glaucoma. Definitely some instructions in there...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.central-fixation.com/better-eyesight-magazine/better-eyesight-1920-12.php">http://www.central-fixation.com/better- ... 920-12.php</a><!-- m -->
Something else you may want to pursue: my behavioral optometrist says people with glaucoma, increased pressure in their eyeball(s), usually are under great pressure in their lives, and it's often self-imposed. If there's an area of your life where you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself (finances? relationships? family? ...), loosening the stress here would probably help your whole body. Consider journaling about it, or meditation: I use both tools daily and they have helped me a lot. (I'm prone to anxiety and used to be a very high myope.)
Thanking you all for your valuable replies.

I will be hoping to improve my vision.
As I have mentioned my eye is high myopic.
As it differs from person to person and no matter how long it would take, I will continue to rehearsh these exercises.

Hoping that someday, I get my eye back to normal.

Please keep communication.

I have been putting drops also as my doctor prescribed.
Ophthalmologist William H. Bates Better Eyesight Magazine lists many cases of Glaucoma that he reversed.
One thing is sure: The Bates Method relaxes the mind, outer and inner eye muscles, neck... and this relaxation allows the eye to return to normal shape. Abnormal high or low pressure, tension, pulling on and in the eye, retina, lens... is removed. Fluid, blood, oxygen, nitrients... flow, through in the eye normally. Cataracts are also removed.
If you take the glaucooma drug, eye drops to lower the eyes pressure, be aware that the Bates method will also lower the pressure, so keep checking with the eye doctor so the pressure does not go too low. The strength of the eye pressure drug may need to be progressively lowered and maybe discontinued as the Bates method reverses the glaucoma and myopia.
Yeah thanx a lot for the advice.

When I visited the doctor last, my IOP was measured as 16 and 16 for both eyes, it was earlier, 28 and 30 respectively fro left and right eye. She also mentioned that its been surprisingly reduced. She prescribed another drop. So I am putting both the drops regularly and in the meantime, I am practising Bate's exercises.
The next check-up has been scheduled after one - and - half month later. At that time I will definitely mention about these exercises.

Let us hope my vision would improve.

Thanx a lot once again.

Let us stay connected forever to help each other and others who are in need.

Regards,
Fluffydice
Sounds good!
Definitely stay away from the computer as much as you can. Meir Schneider says: get up, walk, stretch, look to the distance, in the sunlight every 20 min. I try for every 10!
Newscasts now saying all these 3D televisions, video games are goofing up kids eyes and brain with eyes... development, strains it. Figure it strains the eye muscles. Brain, muscles think are looking at close, middle and far distances but really at one close distance all day. Eye muscle tension=high pressure on/in the eyeball.

Get a good eye health diet: chard, green, spinach, yellow corn, beets, cornsilk...

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download