MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Back to Bates...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Bates...
About 4 years ago I joined this forum as part of my own efforts to improve my vision with the Bates method. I wanted to say that I am so happy this forum is still alive. Thank you David for your efforts!

I had made some good improvement in my vision 4 years ago. I was initially -4.00 in both eyes and after a few months I could see clear enough to confidently drive. I had developed what I considered to be a very good understanding of what Bates was saying and came up with ways of coping with the remaining lack of clarity (for instance, I can temporarily force my vision to nearly 100% clear if need it).

However, I think that because my vision was no longer a hinderance I stopped putting any real effort into getting it 100% clear. I am almost always thinking about things to get a better understanding, but now I find myself in a rut.

So, re-finding this forum has quickened me. I have more motivation, but I'm not sure where to go from here. It's not like I don't know what to do, but I'm having trouble getting started because it's all so familiar to me. I almost feel like, "I've done that, it's not working now, what else can I do?" Is it just an issue of consistency? Any advice?
bjsilva Wrote:About 4 years ago I joined this forum as part of my own efforts to improve my vision with the Bates method. I wanted to say that I am so happy this forum is still alive. Thank you David for your efforts!

I had made some good improvement in my vision 4 years ago. I was initially -4.00 in both eyes and after a few months I could see clear enough to confidently drive. I had developed what I considered to be a very good understanding of what Bates was saying and came up with ways of coping with the remaining lack of clarity (for instance, I can temporarily force my vision to nearly 100% clear if need it).

However, I think that because my vision was no longer a hinderance I stopped putting any real effort into getting it 100% clear. I am almost always thinking about things to get a better understanding, but now I find myself in a rut.

So, re-finding this forum has quickened me. I have more motivation, but I'm not sure where to go from here. It's not like I don't know what to do, but I'm having trouble getting started because it's all so familiar to me. I almost feel like, "I've done that, it's not working now, what else can I do?" Is it just an issue of consistency? Any advice?

Yes, check out the thread "notes on looking at details", and leave your feedback on what you think about David's simplified Bates method "searching for details".
Also, you say that you need to force yourself to get better vision, that is a wrong approach (attitude), the approach must be effortless, and I think David has grasped the whole Bates mess into some simple rules (advices) to follow, that could be useful for you !
Thanks hammer. I actually did come across that thread and I could particularly relate to the idea of doing the exercises simply for the sake of it rather than an interest in smaller details becoming a part of who we are. I'll give it some more thought and post on that thread.

By the way, I don't "need" to force my vision better, it is just something I am able to do to get some extra clarity (to read a small street sign, etc). I know it is contrary to proper vision habits, but it is useful if used carefully. Interestingly, there was a thread on this back in 2006, where it was brought up that Ray Gottlieb used this in part to cure his myopia - where he would force his vision clear and then prolong the clarity with relaxed blinking, etc. I should say that I'm not recommending it, I was simply giving an explanation of why working on m vision had taken a back seat.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download