MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Important points about N.V.I: The what, how and why.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important points about N.V.I: The what, how and why.
I am very happy with the Bates method, I've reached a new 'level' where I understand almost everything I need to know to improve till perfect vision.
I've made great progress so far, I will do a thread in the future about it. Wink
It has took me some time to do it, but finally I can know there is no doubt that the method works, if you're new to the method, do not rush!, everything will make sense over time.

Now, I would like to share with you one of the most important points you need to know, the basis about N.V.I(Natural Vision Improvement) if you're a new come specially.
So anyway I think it is very useful to keep it mind, I will try to explain it the better I can do.

The what, how and why:

“Mansfield P. (1996). The Bates method: a complete guide to improving eyesight naturally / Peter Mansfield; ilustrated by Shaun Williams. London Vermillion (pp. 105-127).”

A book can explain an idea, but the practical skills need to be learn through practice. A book can tell you what and why to a certain extent, but only a teacher can teach you how.

Many of the techniques originated from Dr.Bates and developed by his collaborators have been published in several editions. Redescribing a few of them, I would like to show how they fit perfectly with the principle - that the proper use of eyes, which leads to normal function and relaxed, is achieved by balancing the elements perception, attention and acceptance, as expressed in the following statements:

* I am aware of my surroundings, I perceive it.
* I direct my attention to one thing at a time.
* I unconditionally accept what I see.

There are few specific exercises, if none, for a particular condition - each exercise is a way to examine particular aspects of sight, and play their part in the overall process. Trying to concentrate on what is most "relevant" may be a mistake, often is the exercise that seems the least attractive / profitable which holds the key to the problem. The teacher, who can take a relatively objective view of the case, you must choose the order and priorities and, above all, must ensure that work is fully understood

The first thing highlight the author talks a lot about the importance of a teacher to teach us. This of course could be helpful and make some headway with speed and efficiency. However, Bates himself, in his book Perfect Sight Without Glasses, tell us how we can be our own masters and go find the meaning in their methods. Anyone can do it, he says even be treated a patient by correspondence.

You can see, there are three fundamental principles in the text.

The first, the "perception" comes to mean the realization of your surroundings, that you can move through it. When we stop straining your eyes and think, "Let's see, how I can use the vision I have? what gives me my vision? what I can do with it?", things are easier since then and relaxed . We see that we are not totally blind, we have a blurred vision, distorted, but we can still use it to move efficiently through our area and know what surrounds us roughly. That is a very important change in attitude, not waiting to see perfect from the beginning.

The second, the "attention" refers to paying attention to one thing at a time. Is connected with the concept of "central fixation" of Bates. That is, there is a viewing area within our visual range that is most acute when viewing. This is important because according to research by Bates, this "attentional point" in people with sight problems is too large and scattered. Some people even to see something, they cover it entirely. That is not correct way of seeing. The natural way of seeing an object, is to look its parts carefully (although the process is fast and unconsciously, we must re-learn it), instead of looking at the object with his eyes fixed and "comprehensive." We look around us carefully, eagerly drinking every little piece, never look empty and apathetic to the outside. Over time, we see that the area where we look appears sharper, while the surroundings are not so. This is a sign that the "attentional point" is decreasing its area (which is not negative if not vice versa). Bates, in his office, trained people for example, to see more clearly the top of a letter, while the bottom remained less clear. Bates used the card Shellen (a modern version is used by all eye care professional to discuss our vision), to carry out treatment.

The third, "acceptance" is perhaps the most important statement. What destroys our vision, which makes it worse is just that, the rejection of our state. We want to see perfect and we want to see right now. Squinting to try to get it and it is precisely what weakened and damage it. It should be remember, if not, everything else, will be useless. Accept what you see right now. Look without the intention to se perfect. When you look at something, examine the image given to you, analyze it. If you can not see clearly, examine the colors, the shapes, you are not blind!, takes advantage of your vision.

Lord.
I like your points.
Thanks for sharing them!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download