MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eliminating Facial Strain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eliminating Facial Strain?
I recently found out that I tend to strain a lot by contracting some muscles around my face. To be more specific, it covers a sort of semi-circular arc starting from right below both eyelids, around to the sides of the head, under the ears, and down to the jawbone area. Now that I think about it, the two arcs make a heart-shape on the face. How strange!

Anyway, when I am mindful of how I am using my eyes, I tend to notice this strain, which I take to be a good sign, since the first step is always to identify the strain. The problem starts when I try to come up with a way to eliminate it. I can't just notice it and physically relax it. And I haven't had much luck with anything else either. The best I've achieved is a temporary and partial reduction in the strain that comes from deep breathing and imagining that I am relaxing my mind.

Any pointers?
Check out facial massage, Leo Angart's pranic healing, etc. Many vision teachers recommend facial self-massage. I can sometimes release a lot of tension by rubbing the jaw hinge in front of my ears. You're right that becoming aware of this is progress -- congratulations!
Thanks! I'll look into this. Smile
You might even have tension on your throat, and will discover soon as you deal with your facial strain, and release them.
I had tension on my nose, my lips, my throat, my ears, my heart. you need to know that the mind extends from the head to the heart.
And your emotions extend from down there to you pelvis. You will find out that vision is actually in your heart, chest center. your mind sees what finds inside your heart. it is not out there, it is within:

[Image: mandala.jpg]
@elias: That's a pretty picture. Smile And yes, I've actually discovered strain in areas of my body I would never have thought could have strained before. Interestingly, after about a week or recognizing the strain, I just sort of ignored it and went on to relaxing and "letting go", just imagining objects oscillating a bit, and for some strange reason, most of the strain went away. I suspect that it has something to do with my consciously noting my poor vision and a resulting subconscious strain that tries to resolve the poor vision with effort, which as we know, never works.
It is a mandala, look at the white center, as long as you can you'll have quite an experience!

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download