MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Dreams and hopes crushed..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams and hopes crushed..
What a day..my name is tory and im 15 years old, i guess there is no failure blog so ill post this here. i've been practicing bates method for 1 year and 3 months now, i just returned home from the optemrist knowing that i need more powerful lenses and that i now have astigma and my mopia inceased..Throughout all the exercises i was positive i was always positive there was not one time were i felt negative even when im grand father passed away during those 1.3 years that i spent on these exercises. i always felt good about my self i palmed everyday for 15 - 20 mins 5 times a day i swinged 500 times a day i didnt everything perfect i am sure i even did a few exercises that weren't from dr. bates. Today when i was in line i was confident of my sself that i have improved i couldnt wait to show my older brother and younger sister, they dont wear glasses. when it was my turn and we went through the whole procedure at the end he said " yeh he needs more powerful lenses" to my mom my mum asked him questions about restoring eyesight and all that he laughed and said " no defineatly not i dont think that's possible he is still growing so hes eyes will get worse and worse" my hopes and determenation were being crushed, inside i was being destroyed , i felt so heart broek n icouldnt beilve this. i am now -1.50 R -1.75 left my mum told me to get the new glasses and my eyes cant be improved.

now i beilve the optemrists and my mum because i tried my absoulte best and dont think i can do a better job. theres goes 1 year of my life.

what do i do from here? i have the prescription next to me my mum told me to either send it to my dad or get even worse eyesight by next year, the way im feeling now.. i hope no one feels like this ever.

i feel ashamed and disgusted.
how did people restore 1 dioptre of there eysight in just motnhs and i cant do it in a year?

what do i do from here? i mostly feel liek wearing glasses becuz i tried my BEST to restore my eyesight, sorry guys if im not talking/writing properly i just got so much on my mind right now and i dont ant to imagen the whole scene again of what happened because i had hopes this whole day .
bye
what happens next?
Crushed...Really?

I wouldn't count on an optometrist to tell me I could see clearly when oneself is enough. This EVENT you describe is partial result of extreme anxiety & loss of mental control over your vision. Additionally, the place of an optometrist is never the place where the mind or the eyes feels comfortable.
The thing I feel from your post is like you've been doing "exercises" like a machine, doing a bit of everything but not realizing the effectiveness of a single one.
It's like being the Jack of All Trades & the thing about it is you get your a$$ kicked everywhere.

What do you do:-Instead of straining yourself to relaxation, just relax. Lose the thought of working out...start over with a different approach.
extreme, thanks for your post, how do i start with a different approach what should i start doing differently?
Quote:i palmed everyday for 15 - 20 mins 5 times a day i swinged 500 times a day

This is the routine you were/are following...stop it. No matter how hard you try to like exercising at the gym, its always fatiguing, like your approach.
The thing about the whole Dr. Bates eyesight improvement is relaxation, not exercises. You don't achieve anything by working out, stressing the hell out of the body.
Very simply, its not about doing exercises, it's rather about doing the thing that comes after the "exercise" -> rest.

So, make a little modification to all that you do :-

Palming -> Do it when your eyes are hurting, don't look for how many times you do it. Just make sure you can empty your head. That's all. It's the base for relaxation.

Swinging -> This...thing is misinterpreted more than any other activity that concerns eyesight improvement.
Swinging is merely an excuse to keep the eyes from staring (& consequently getting bored). So stop counting & stop staring.

Sunning -> I hate the word Sunning because it really makes no sense to me. If you don't look at the Sun directly, you are scared (intellectually infected, if that's anything).
I've posted a hundred times over, the Sun doesn't hurt, it heals. Plus it decreases the sensitivity to excess light & at the same time, it improves night vision.

IMAGINATION -> I've realized that imagination is the one thing that is very much possible at all times, even in your sleep. It is very very comforting to be able to imagine clarity with eyes closed & open your eyes to clear vision immediately after. And believe me, it happens all too often to be ignored. Imagine, everything to anything.

Of all that I've written, you'll learn one thing - be in control of the mind & the eye. SO----Start to take control, right now.
destroyed Wrote:extreme, thanks for your post, how do i start with a different approach what should i start doing differently?
Assuming you have not experienced a flash of clear vision yet, you need to experience one before restarting. How? Usually immediately after palming you should experience a brief flash. If you haven't had one after palming, try this:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://picasaweb.google.com/JMCCAC/USVisualTrainingBiofeedbackDevice#">https://picasaweb.google.com/JMCCAC/USV ... ackDevice#</a><!-- m -->

It is a truly different approach, still based on the Bates Methods, and which costs nothing (I assume you cannot pay for an NVI teacher which would probably be the best thing for you).

If that doesn't stimulate a flash of clear(er) vision, then I'd say you'll have to wait until you can afford an NVI teacher.
You might want to ask yourself: Why are my eyeballs so stupid? They have all the parts needed for clear eyesight: a smoothing tearfilm on each cornea, two lenses, two retinas, two foveas, two optic nerves, and an optic chiasm to criss-cross the contrast from the rods with the detail from the cones.
But my eyes stupidly don't know how to get the light from what I want to see focused onto the foveas; and if they do get it focused onto the foveas for a moment they stupidly can't keep the focus there. Why not? What do I have to do differently?
Because this isn't about 'feeling good'.
Yes, having a flash of clear vision and learning to control it does make one feel good. But not the other way around.
In fact it is probably the opposite - the more you feel good without clear vision, the more you are actually just accepting blurry vision as okay. You're just waiting for some kind of magic to happen. Like the magic that happens when you put on a pair of lenses.
What we are doing here is the opposite of magic.
Don't let the eye doctor brainwash you -- it's not in his best (financial) interest to support the Bates Method. Approach this like play, not work, like 2xtreme2fit said. Leave your glasses off and see how much you can see (instead of focusing on what is blurry). Go for a walk and look at the depth in the trees and buildings, and the colors, around you. Start doing some eye chart practice and reading some of the Bates literature, and especially, notice when you're straining so you can let it go. You can do this. I wish I had started at your age. You were probably straining to see bigtime in the doctor's office, first to prove it to everyone that you could do this, then discouraged and upset by what the doctor said, NOT a relaxing environment! Vision fluctuates a lot with emotional state, and the last thing you want is to get locked into this new too-strong prescription.
JMartinC4 Wrote:You might want to ask yourself: Why are my eyeballs so stupid? They have all the parts needed for clear eyesight: a smoothing tearfilm on each cornea, two lenses, two retinas, two foveas, two optic nerves, and an optic chiasm to criss-cross the contrast from the rods with the detail from the cones.
But my eyes stupidly don't know how to get the light from what I want to see focused onto the foveas; and if they do get it focused onto the foveas for a moment they stupidly can't keep the focus there. Why not? What do I have to do differently?
Because this isn't about 'feeling good'.
Yes, having a flash of clear vision and learning to control it does make one feel good. But not the other way around.
In fact it is probably the opposite - the more you feel good without clear vision, the more you are actually just accepting blurry vision as okay. You're just waiting for some kind of magic to happen. Like the magic that happens when you put on a pair of lenses.
What we are doing here is the opposite of magic.

yeah true
JMartinC4 Wrote:
destroyed Wrote:extreme, thanks for your post, how do i start with a different approach what should i start doing differently?
Assuming you have not experienced a flash of clear vision yet, you need to experience one before restarting. How? Usually immediately after palming you should experience a brief flash. If you haven't had one after palming, try this:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://picasaweb.google.com/JMCCAC/USVisualTrainingBiofeedbackDevice#">https://picasaweb.google.com/JMCCAC/USV ... ackDevice#</a><!-- m -->

It is a truly different approach, still based on the Bates Methods, and which costs nothing (I assume you cannot pay for an NVI teacher which would probably be the best thing for you).

If that doesn't stimulate a flash of clear(er) vision, then I'd say you'll have to wait until you can afford an NVI teacher.

i've had HEAPS oh clear flashes most were 20/20
destroyed Wrote:i've had HEAPS oh clear flashes most were 20/20
Excellent! All you need to do then is learn to control your visual system (it's sort of like an invisible bicycle) so you can prolong the flashes and make them your new 'normal'.
Alright, I logged in specifically to help you because I was in your situation a few years ago and wish someone had told me the following. These excercises are fine and dandy, but what you really need to do is spend atleast two hours a day outdoors. Sunlight can be hundreds of times brighter than indoor light, and causes a release of dopamine in the eye. Dopamine slows down/stops the growth of the eye. I'm not saying go out and stare into the sun, just BE outside doing whatever you feel like. I tell you this because lets face it, no one knows how genetic/environmental myopia is, but that little piece of information is the most evidence-supported belief out there, and it makes sense. It is widely accepted now in the scientific community. If you are interested in this subject just type in "myopia and sunlight" into google.
jdiaz Wrote:Alright, I logged in specifically to help you because I was in your situation a few years ago and wish someone had told me the following. These excercises are fine and dandy, but what you really need to do is spend atleast two hours a day outdoors. Sunlight can be hundreds of times brighter than indoor light, and causes a release of dopamine in the eye. Dopamine slows down/stops the growth of the eye. I'm not saying go out and stare into the sun, just BE outside doing whatever you feel like. I tell you this because lets face it, no one knows how genetic/environmental myopia is, but that little piece of information is the most evidence-supported belief out there, and it makes sense. It is widely accepted now in the scientific community. If you are interested in this subject just type in "myopia and sunlight" into google.
Excellent advice. Outdoors is a wonderful place to develop distance eyesight. But stopping eye growth makes no sense. The only part of the 'myopic' eyeball that is any longer than the non-myopic eyeball is the front part - it is simply bulged out. When I and my age group (45-65 year olds) were children we used to spend all day outside every summer and weekend, and walked or biked to school in the mornings and after school played outside until the streetlights came on. Yet many of us were still 'diagnosed' as very nearsighted when we got to middle school. Which was surprising to us because prior to putting on the lenses we'd thought everyone's distance eyesight was the same as ours. Hmm....
So, here is the song that started running through my head:
My hypnosis was stronger than your hypnosis!
My hypnosis was stronger than yours!
My hypnosis was stronger 'cause I got bad silver nitrate treatment!
My hypnosis was stronger than yours!
Wink

Maybe you have done the wrong things based on a false understanding.
If so, first of all you need to understand how the eye works and what the causes to vision problems are. Make sure that you really understand everything in this video for instance by Leo Angart, for instance what "hunters eyes" are, 2 hours might seem long but it is well spent time compared to all the endless exercises you have done maybe in the wrong way, then it becomes much more easier to do the right things needed to improve:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221#">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 982266221#</a><!-- m -->
[/quote] But stopping eye growth makes no sense. The only part of the 'myopic' eyeball that is any longer than the non-myopic eyeball is the front part - it is simply bulged out. [/quote]

That is a false statement. Contrary to your belief, it is the back part of the eye that grows. I am not sure where you get your data and statistics from, but I hope it is not from a certain doctor who lacked the medical technology to accurately diagram an individuals eye.

[/quote] When I and my age group (45-65 year olds) were children we used to spend all day outside every summer and weekend, and walked or biked to school in the mornings and after school played outside until the streetlights came on. Yet many of us were still 'diagnosed' as very nearsighted when we got to middle school.
[/quote]

It is not that dopamine "may" inhibit eye growth, it DOES inhibit eyegrowth. There is a drug that has been effectice at retarding myopia known as atropine. Unfortunately it is a cocktail drug that has some serious side effects from long term use. Guess what chemical in atropine inhibits myopia? You guessed right, dopamine.

Listen my friend, I know it's hard discerning correct information from incorrect information, especially on the internet. I applaud you for taking your health into your own hands. You can do any excerise you want, but just make sure you try what I said. With your eye sight right now you will have very little trouble with retinal detachments, eye floaters, and many other eye diseases, but the chances of these problems increase exponentially at -2 or -3 diopters.
jdiaz Wrote:That is a false statement. Contrary to your belief, it is the back part of the eye that grows. I am not sure where you get your data and statistics from, but I hope it is not from a certain doctor who lacked the medical technology to accurately diagram an individuals eye. It is not that dopamine "may" inhibit eye growth, it DOES inhibit eyegrowth. There is a drug that has been effectice at retarding myopia known as atropine. Unfortunately it is a cocktail drug that has some serious side effects from long term use. Guess what chemical in atropine inhibits myopia? You guessed right, dopamine.
Listen my friend, I know it's hard discerning correct information from incorrect information, especially on the internet. I applaud you for taking your health into your own hands. You can do any excerise you want, but just make sure you try what I said. With your eye sight right now you will have very little trouble with retinal detachments, eye floaters, and many other eye diseases, but the chances of these problems increase exponentially at -2 or -3 diopters.
You're not my - and probably not anyone's - 'friend'. You are the enemy. Promoting a drug to cure a functional (non-organic) problem makes you a witch or a warlock.
If the cause of nearsightedness is an eyeball that is too long, then it would be impossible to experience a flash of clear vision, and even more impossible to reverse the malady using the Bates Methods or anything like them.
So, which is it? Are all of on this website lying or kidding ourselves, or are we telling the truth?

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download