MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Looking through windscreens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking through windscreens
I'm talking about looking through car windscreens from the outside and it's just a little thing that I've often thought about over the years. It seems to fit in somehow with David's searching for detail principle (which I have been working at, by the way).

When I was a boy, say 9 years old, and the kids would all be playing in the road (there wasn't so much traffice then, and it was slower), when a car used to drive by and we'd get out of the way, I was always the only one not to look to see who was driving or who else was in the car. I remember I could actually see who was sitting inside if I wanted to, you know, go beyond the surface reflection and see the dim figure inside, but this seemed to require some kind of effort, or interest, and I just didn't bother. I was 10 when I first noticed trouble reading the board at school and that's when I got glasses.

This doesn't seem important or significant, but as I said it has stuck in my mind over the years. So, did anyone else have the same experience?
The errors of refraction are generated by the Mind, because somehow it starts working following "commands" that seeing requires effort. What may causes these ideas to be produced and take over varies endlessly.

Normally, looking through windscreens can't produce any "permanent" refractive errors. Cops would be blind by now.

You may found what started the collapse in your mind and generated the chaos, but this knowledge hardly can be of any help, because the result is one and the same. The Mind produces conscious and unconscious efforts to see and strain took over.

Now, gt rid of the bad thoughts!
Sean, when I read your post I thought you were just looking as far as the windshield but not any farther, that is, not through it. It's easier for me to look near than to look far so I often just don't look far. I'm working to change this and am surprised how strong of a habit it is. I seem to remember some anecdotal study that said prisoners in solitary because myopic because they never looked any farther than their prison walls, so that's all their eye/mind knew how to do. A good argument for spending time outdoors.
Thanks for the replies folks.

The following is related, I think. My sister in law sometimes parks her car in the morning in our back yard (she lives in the next town and works in a nearby hotel which has parking but she doesn't feel confident to learn the procedures for parking there) and I sometimes see her walking past the glass double door which looks out onto the back garden. She is often preoccupied and lost in her thoughts and has recently started wearing glasses when driving, but very weak ones, unlike the slabs of glass which I spent years behind. The odd thing is that if I am in the kitchen I stop to wave at her as she goes past (she never has time to stop), although she walks very near me (on the other side of the glass door of course) and I can see her very clearly she never sees me. Like me when I was younger it seems as if she has disengaged herself from her surroundings.

Ares, you make a valid point above, but I suspect that in my case, and that of the sis in law, it's more than just thinking of sight at a distance as being difficult, but more an active refusal or fear to engage. While Bates, I think, said that the causes of strain can be infinite I suspect it may well boil down to just a few, maybe one or two, broad groups of causes, and as a result recovery too might fall under just one or two broad approaches. For example, why has there been such little evidence of engagement in terms of feedback, considering the numbers using this site, on the searching for detail threads?
sean Wrote:Thanks for the replies folks. ... although she walks very near me (on the other side of the glass door of course) and I can see her very clearly she never sees me. Like me when I was younger it seems as if she has disengaged herself from her surroundings. Ares, you make a valid point above, but I suspect that in my case, and that of the sis in law, it's more than just thinking of sight at a distance as being difficult, but more an active refusal or fear to engage. While Bates, I think, said that the causes of strain can be infinite I suspect it may well boil down to just a few, maybe one or two, broad groups of causes, and as a result recovery too might fall under just one or two broad approaches. For example, why has there been such little evidence of engagement in terms of feedback, considering the numbers using this site, on the searching for detail threads?
Ever heard of:
1. neonatal eye antibiotics?
2. fight-or-flight response?
3. pseudo foveas?
4. optic chiasm?
5. tearfilm?
6. (self-)hypnosis?
7. myopia vs presbyopia?
8. backward chain conditioning?
Smile
It's a logical chain/sequence of events.
Hi JM.

I don't follow you here, but I noticed that you mention self-hypnosis. I used to do this 20 years ago, it's really just deep relaxation. I revived it a few years ago (and again, since, for a while, when I discovered natural vision improvement) to see if it could cure me of fear of flying (I used to feel doomed every time I got on a plane). So I went into deep relaxation, or self-hypnosis, on a couple of consecutive nights before my flight and just imagined sitting on the plane feeling calm and relaxed. And it worked like a dream. i haven't had so much as a twinge since. Just to show that this stuff (or some of it at least) actually works.
sean Wrote:Hi JM. I don't follow you here, but I noticed that you mention self-hypnosis. I used to do this 20 years ago, it's really just deep relaxation. I revived it a few years ago (and again, since, for a while, when I discovered natural vision improvement) to see if it could cure me of fear of flying (I used to feel doomed every time I got on a plane). So I went into deep relaxation, or self-hypnosis, on a couple of consecutive nights before my flight and just imagined sitting on the plane feeling calm and relaxed. And it worked like a dream. i haven't had so much as a twinge since. Just to show that this stuff (or some of it at least) actually works.
Thanks for the note. I don't really know much about hypnosis or self-hypnosis, just a general layman's knowledge and what I read in Wikipedia and other news sources over the years. I don't recall it being covered much in my BS in Psych degree 30 years ago either. Congratulations on using it to overcome your phobia.
But my point is that, from what I know, one way to go into the deep relaxation state is to disturb the vision for some amount of time while listening to soothing sounds. I think that is what usually happens in the hospital delivery room to the newborn infant who has received the neonatal eye antibiotics. I think it can result in an ingrained disparity between the two eyes, an ingrained misorientation and misalignment, a decoupling of the mind from the visual system and thereby the development of pseudo foveas, and either immediately accepted nearsightedness/nearpoint fixation or a post-hypnotic suggestion of acceptance of blur under similar conditions. I think it can result in a stunted visual system which doesn't develop normally.
But that's just me, I guess. 8) ??? Smile
JMartinC4 Wrote:
sean Wrote:Hi JM.l I don't follow you here, but I noticed that you mention self-hypnosis. I used to do this 20 years ago, it's really just deep relaxation. I revived it a few years ago (and again, since, for a while, when I discovered natural vision improvement) to see if it could cure me of fear of flying (I used to feel doomed every time I got on a plane). So I went into deep relaxation, or self-hypnosis, on a couple of consecutive mount of time while listening to soothing sounds.

Last month, I was trying the methods of self hypnosis, It really provides deep relaxation and a better eyesight as an afteraffect. I used this to cure my imagination. I have observed that I have poor imagination and that a lot of negative. I am managing my time to have atleast 2-3 self hypnosis sessions to increase relaxation and imagination. I also used to have lucid dreams when. I was a child. Having. A lt of lucid dreams is the result of day dreaming and imagination that is something which keeps eyesight of children better. I have experimented on some children and observed that those who have day dreaming habits and imagination possess a perfect vision and those who were myopic have lost their daydreaming and imagination habits that are present in other children.
Sean, can you refer me a to a good online link or book for a helpful. Self -hypnosis information.

Thanks,

Handa yar

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now