MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Greg Marsh NVI Intro Audio

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Greg Marsh NVI Intro Audio
Greg Marsh, the NVI teacher from Colorado, had an introductory talk/class on NVI earlier this week on BlogTalk Radio. Don't be deceived by how basic some of the information seems -- following him closely while he led us through palming taught me a few things. His take on the nearsighted personality, and on how that first visit to the eye doctor feels as a young child, really spoke to me. This is almost an hour and a half, but I think worth it, and if you can stay until about 58 minutes you'll hear an enthusiastic gal from NY who used to be very myopic, and is frustrated now about not progressing faster. Here's the link to the archive: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bettereyesi...ntro-class
Thanks Nancy, I forgot about this radio thing. He has good stuff!
Clark, yes. I listened again earlier today and heard a lot I missed the first time. He said I may be taking a myopic approach to my vision improvement, which is slowing me down. I am probably guilty of sometimes doing palming in an end-gaining way!
He seems good, Nancy. So far I only heard the first bit where you join in - you sound just as I expected. Meant as a compliment. Smile

Just out of interest, what do you personally mean by end-gaining? Why would you see that as such a bad thing? (just wondering)
Sean, hi. I first encountered the end-gaining term in relation to NVI from Aldous Huxley in "Art of Seeing", and it hit me hard -- this is me! I'm usually trying as hard as I can, driving for some goal, my attention on where I'm trying to get to and not on the process or on here and now, certainly not enjoying it or thinking of it as play. I wrote something somewhere recently, maybe in my blog, about not knowing how to play as a child because I was pushed so hard to achieve. I want to enjoy my vision, not keep trying to beat it into performing better like a disobedient child. I used to constantly test my vision when I looked at the eye chart, and at many other times, to see if it was improving. Paradoxically, now that I'm doing that a lot less and focusing instead on enjoying seeing clearly, my chart results are better. I wrote in my blog for a few days after the class with Greg about my reactions to it, so you may want to go back a week or so and check that out if you're interested. I'm starting to believe this isn't as hard as I thought.

To specifically answer your question, doing palming in an end-gaining way might be constantly focusing on "Am I seeing black yet?" or "Has it been 20 minutes yet?" instead of letting myself sink into the relaxation of the experience and just be.
Hi Nancy, good reply. I looked at your blog too as suggested. It's me too, I can be absurdlly self-disciplined. But maybe it's not always bad, just a bit misplaced. You see, I find there's the other problem too, where I say to myself: I know I can do this now, but seeing as I now know how to do it there's no need to do it right now, I'll do it later, perhaps tomorrow - where I am right now isn't too bad when you think about it, in fact it's quite comfortable really. I'm steering a way between the rock and the hard place here. Smile
New audio from Greg Marsh which I missed live last night, but here's the replay: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bettereyesi...-naturally. He spends some time talking about shoulder and neck strain as it relates to eye strain, and also about emotions and feeling safe. Warning: there's a glitch at about 30 minutes where he goes silent for a few minutes, but hang on because he does come back. I'm listening to this a few more times, so I hope you get something out of it too.
Nancy,
This last blogtalk audio from Greg Marsh is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! Great stuff.
New Greg Marsh audio from last night. I don't like this as much as the second one, since there's a lot of chatting from the woman interviewing him, plus the meditation and "speeding up time" discussions may be too far-out for most people. However if you have the time it's still worth a listen. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cyndemeyer/...eeker-hour
Greg Marsh asked me to update this with a link to his new site:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bettereyesightnow.com">http://www.bettereyesightnow.com</a><!-- m -->
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Nancy, did you say you went there for his course? What route did you take that is easiest? I want to go for Teacher Training hopefully this year.
Clark, I only called into his blog talk radio show once, never worked with him face to face yet. I told him his teacher training is on my radar but I can't make it this year. I have a LOT of respect for his work.
Yeah, I like him. Took his home course, excellent! He's one of the few teachers that provide teacher training for a good price. He also writes back to you, gives encouragement; no ego or jealousy attitude if a student, graduate writes their own books, teaches others. He gives insight and helps his students.
I keep putting off going to Colordo because my neck injury acts up. Its fear, should just face it, go!
Clark, I just had a discussion with someone about not pushing yourself -- you'll go when the time is right and you're ready. Yes, I've traded a few notes with Greg, and saved one where he praised my blog. To me a good teacher wants to help others and is accessible, but also manages personal boundaries well so not to get flooded with time-suck requests. I had a problem with this just yesterday, so I'm still learning too.
Thanks Nancy.
I think I know what you mean about people using up your time; I get a few people that call for help that have partial blindness... and often they will talk for 1 hour or longer about other subjects, not Natural Eyesight Improvment, they avoid the subject of eyesight improvement even though that why they called. They are scared and just want someone to talk to but are afraid to approach any conversation that makes them face their vision problem. I sympatize but also get burnt out trying so hard to get them to listen to the training.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download