MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How to avoid being "spaced out"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to avoid being "spaced out"?
One thing that most bored me is that i'm many times during the day with the head "spaced out". When i walk,when i talk with other poeple and even in the classes i have moments that i'm concentrate but in other times I find myself looking to the floor always thinking in the past or in the future. In fact I am called to attention because of that. What can i do to avoid this? Since kid i 'm like this,it makes me so sad... :'(
DaniFixe Wrote:One thing that most bored me is that i'm many times during the day with the head "spaced out". When i walk,when i talk with other poeple and even in the classes i have moments that i'm concentrate but in other times I find myself looking to the floor always thinking in the past or in the future. In fact I am called to attention because of that. What can i do to avoid this? Since kid i 'm like this,it makes me so sad... :'(
Sounds exactly like what I've been trying to describe lately. You are suffering from 'split attentions' - each blurry eyeball is probably pointed in a slightly different direction and looking into a slightly different blurry distance, at the same time your non-blurry ears are listening to something else and pointing your face in a slightly different direction from either eyeball, and as you try to think about other things your non-blurry mind is 'pointed' or directed somewhere entirely different. How can you coordinate, unify and synchronize those split attentions? Diabolically Difficult.
JMartinC4 Wrote:
DaniFixe Wrote:One thing that most bored me is that i'm many times during the day with the head "spaced out". When i walk,when i talk with other poeple and even in the classes i have moments that i'm concentrate but in other times I find myself looking to the floor always thinking in the past or in the future. In fact I am called to attention because of that. What can i do to avoid this? Since kid i 'm like this,it makes me so sad... :'(
Sounds exactly like what I've been trying to describe lately. You are suffering from 'split attentions' - each blurry eyeball is probably pointed in a slightly different direction and looking into a slightly different blurry distance, at the same time your non-blurry ears are listening to something else and pointing your face in a slightly different direction from either eyeball, and of course your non-blurry nose is smelling something else, and as you try to think about other things your non-blurry mind is 'pointed' or directed somewhere entirely different. How can you coordinate, unify and synchronize those split attentions? Diabolically Difficult.
And - I don't think I was clear on this - my observations show that wearing lenses doesn't correct this disparity in direction/orientation! Most probably lenses fixate the problem, preventing us from learning to overcome it. Sure, each eyeball then sees clearly through its lens - but the slight misdirections still exist! Perhaps the speed with which I can shift my attention around is enhanced, but the basic problem of an un-synchronized, un-coordinated, un-unified visual system remains and gets fixated and then worsens. In my opinion based on my observations.

Some say that you can daydream as long as you are aware of the oppositional movements of the details you look at.
But if you really must think/daydream much it is better to close your eyes,
because imagination and real world drives in different directions and that conflict causes tension to your visual system.
When you close your eyes you eliminate this conflict as the real world is not present anylonger.
But if you have learnt to see effortlessly with good visual habits, then I guess the conflict is little.
Remark that "looking at details" requires all attention in the beginning, but later on you realize that it is about seeing one point more clear than all other points, so it becomes more easy after a while to move the attention quickly and I guess it becomes something that you also can do while daydreaming when you get skilled.
I keep on working on this, maybe someone else knows how to accomplish this in a better way ?
Another thing i need to refer is that in many bus trips i start to feel tired,closing my eyes and i start to sleep...maybe is connect to not focusing in small details. Because in bus trips i always move my eyes and head with the balance of the bus...i need to work on this problem too.
Yeah, I have the same problem on buses, especially when they travel on bumpy roads. I'm not sure what the problem is, but is it necessarily a bad thing? I generally feel pleasantly refreshed after my little nap...

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download