MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
natural vision improvment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
natural vision improvment
I am 15 years old and i experienced strain in my eyes when i was a 7th grader in middle school. I was in so much stress which cause my eyes to strain and my forehead would get burns as well as my eyes. After like a year later i finally knew that my vision began to deteriorate slowly and i did what i had to do to see, so i squinted my eyes in school to see the things on the board better and every time i do my eyes would hurt. My vision got worst and worst and by the end of my 8th grade year a much harder time seeing things than before. Now that i am a 9th grader i got glasses because the nurse in my school said i needed to wear them always so i did the part where she said get glasses but i didn't use them. I one of those people who doesn't like wearing glasses nor contacts. I seem to do worst in school when i can't see but i still manage to pass with a 3.5 and higher G.P.A but still i regret it for not being educated about my eyes.

Still i see that my eyes gets worst and worst. So please tell me what should i do? should i wear the glasses that was prescribed for me or should i go on without my glasses? and by the way one question. If adjustment of the cornea is the source of myopia than how can natural vision improvement reverse the corneas adjustment to light? thinking about it feels kinda strange but pleasee answer (:
Hi Kevin,
Good questions. First of all, consider yourself very smart and fortunate for discovering and exploring "NVI" after have problems for only a couple years.
A couple questions for you. What is your current prescription and have you read "Better Eyesight Without Glasses"? I highly encourage reading it if you haven't. It's available on this site if you like to read off your monitor but I encourage buying a physical copy or kindle. I also encourage you to read every description David has posted about the various "exercises". Get yourself an eye chart and put it somewhere well lit where you can relax at 10 or 20 feet away. Eye charts are printable off seeing.org. I recommend the one that starts with f,b,c,p,t,e,o.
I would recommend starting with swinging and palming. I believe you can restore your vision but it will take real time in regular practice.
It took a while for you to adopt the habit of strain and it will likely take some regular practice of Bates principles to get yourself back to a natural state of seeing. Don't sweat how quickly you will have the results you want. The process of learning about you eyes and mind is very rewarding and should be fun in and of itself.

While in school, sit in the front row of seats. If your not seeing what you need to see is causing you undue stress consider getting a reduced eyeglass prescription. This will allow you to see what needs to be seen but not force them into full strain. You can chose a reduced prescription and order cheap glasses at zennioptical or eyeglassesdirect.com.

You> "If adjustment of the cornea is the source of myopia than how can natural vision improvement reverse the corneas adjustment to light? "

The answer is found in the Bates book mentioned above. Wink Hint: your question presupposes a fallacy. :o

Lastly, commit yourself to being as relaxed a person as you can. Whether this means taking up meditation, really getting into running or working out so you feel refresh and cleansed after a workout, or you go on walks in the woods, have a regular way of de-stressing yourself and do it proactively. Become a student of your mind and of successful living.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for replying (:. I really don't know what my eye prescription right now is because i got my glass before my 9th grade year started and like after a few months into school i lost them and i never found them nor went back to get another. currently i have problems with seeing the bored sometimes and that effects my learning but i now use my hearing sense more then my eyes and i kinda do well. Yes i have read the book "better eyesight without glasses" I saw that the whole book was basically about relation and the techniques that helps u stay relax. Anyways summer break is near. since i am not attending something educational over the summer i might have the chance to fully practice the bates method. so your saying that having good vision does not deal with the cornea?
kevin913 Wrote:so your saying that having good vision does not deal with the cornea?

I'd like to see you reread "Better Vision". Don't worry, many of us like to reread it multiple times and keep finding new information. Bates believed that the greater part of accommodation happens through the the eyeball changing shape under the force of those muscles that the eyeball is wrapped in. It is the conventional and popular belief that those muscles sole purpose is to turn the eye in all directions. The book explains it quite well. Much better than I could!
Not so important what your prescription is. Your Snellen chart reading is probably a better representation of your current vision. It's nothing to sweat. I was just curious.
Careful to not get too anxious about seeing some results over your break. This is probably a long term quest and vision is never not fluctuating. My wife wife cured her strabismus(crossed eyes) when she was about your age while on summer vacation. But she did not consciously try to do it. It just happened spontaneously as a result of getting into a very relaxed, meditative state while lying in a window seat, bathed in sun.
Enjoy your summer break! Get outside and look around. Don't play too many video games! LOL
i totally agree with you. I think the cause of my vision problem is because i had to much stress over school and even though my vision was kinda blurry, i went on this college campus 6 weeks stay at Wichita state and i couldn't sleep at all and i feel un-relaxed. not enough sleep plays a role in bad vision. well i just hope i'll be more relax for the next 3 months. I have one more question regarding my mom. Ok my mom found out that she has cataract. She had it liek for a year now or less but now her lens is all block with white clouds and she still has to wait a little longer to do surgery on it. So can she be too late to fix the cataract problem since it's been a long time?
If you read Dr. Bates' book (have you heard this before?) you'll see he squeezed the lens of a fish eye and it became cloudy, then when he released the pressure it cleared up. Most traditional eye doctors still don't know that cataracts, like other vision problems, come from strain. Replacing the cloudy lens with an artificial clear one won't change the pattern of straining. Worse, many cataract operations now involve inserting a lens with a prescription built into it, like grafting your eyeglasses onto your eyeball permanently.
i see so your saying that cataract can be fixed if she practices the techniques of relaxation? and don't have to do surgery?
I'm not an eye doctor, though I studied with one. Dr. Bates healed many people of cataracts. If it were me I wouldn't rush into surgery which can't be undone, but she has to make her own decision. Focus on your own eyes and being a good example.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download