MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
A question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question
hello everyone!

I'm new here, although, I'm familiar with the Bates Method and eye "exercises". I've been an avid gamer and (you can guess it already) my vision decreased since I was 20, now at age 24, my prescription is (-1,25 in my left eye and 1,5 on my right one) and honestly I don't like being dependant on glasses and I'm trying to restore my vision or at least bring it back to a better prescription.

I've been considering lasik surgery for a while now, been on/off eye exercises (which after reading your forum, I realized that they aren't really what vision therapy is meant to be) but I've decided to give the bates method a shot so my question is; do you guys know anyone who improved to the point where he could smash his glasses and go without em?

I know that this question has been asked and answered numerous times but i don't know, I always wanna learn more about the subject.

Thank you!

P.: sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue
@Diamond_Eyes: Your English seems fine to me. Anyway, I think that this question is probably more fitting to the "Bates Method - Other" section of the forum.

As for your question, I am not all that sure how many people managed to improve their vision to the point where they no longer needed glasses. I know that Sorrisi (search for sorrisiblue on the forum) improved her vision to the point where she no longer needs glasses most of the time (for practical purposes, one might say all of the time). Others have made significant improvements in their initially high prescriptions. Others still have gone from relatively low prescriptions (like your own) to none. Although one's lens prescription is not directly related to one's visual acuity, the two are loosely correlated, which, I hope, allows me to say that the -1.25 and -1.5 prescription is not terribly high.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck on your vision improvement journey! Smile
Well, theres no need to post this on " Critics and Skeptic " forum, If you just start practicing the Bates Method.

There is a lot of people who have already cured of Myopia as well of others conditions, let's say thousands since Dr. Bates developed their methods in the early 1900. So why it will not work for you? -- No one will tell how much you will improve or if you will be to throw away your glasses in a few months. It's purely an educational process and it all depends in your dispossesion to make the change.

Welcome to this community, here you will find a lot of valuable information that will help you to regain the clarity that you ever had, a brighter and colorful-beautiful world. Wink
Thank you for your kind words and inspirational thoughts.

Indeed, it's a journey, and I'm willing to give it a try. I do believe that the human body is a complex machine that learns to heal itself and reverse the damage-done. I'll have in depth-look at the resources on the forum, and I'll give you an update soon.
I'm goin out right now...without my glasses!
Yesterday was my first full day without glasses. I must tell you that it was a blurry yet exciting journey lol. Well, in fact, I've realized that what kept me from "seeing" was mainly fear, I've tried not to strain my eyes or squint. I had some difficulties figuring out train numbers but I've managed to get it done. I have a question though, Do I need to get "reading glasses for close work?) meaning something like +1 prescription?

Here's my routine:

-Palming (obvious)

- staring at a distant object and then shift back to a near one

- Massage; the results are instant : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD2OaU8FdFE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD2OaU8FdFE</a><!-- m -->

- Sunning

That's it, if you have any remarks or advices, please feel free to ask me or correct me if I'm doing something wrong

thanks a lot

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download