MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
I just found this forum 3 days ago after discovering the Central Fixation website last week.

I want to learn to relax my eyes so that i can improve my vision naturally. I hope to be able to learn from the post here and any improvement will be a joy for me.

I am very myopic with astigmatism too:

OD: -13.50

I have not seen anyone with vision as bad as mine but i willing to to learn to relax and see where it goes.

I currently wear lower prescription glasses than needed..like 1.5 diopter less than is required. If anyone has any particular recommendations for highly myopic people like myself, please let me know.

I have been practising daily:
1. palming
2. sungazing (eyes closed but open them real quick once in a while - 3 times a day for 5 to 15minutes)
3. The body swing (in the morning and before i go to bed)

I am getting my material from :
1. central fixation website
2. Help Yourself To Better Sight by Margarett Corbett

I noticed that many people recommend to stop using the eyeglasses and to practice the relaxation all the time. I cannot see without my glasses at all! So I hope the Bates Method will still work since i will need to put my glasses back on after the exercises during the course of the day.
Well, your user name is kind of self-limiting... I started with -10 and have made huge improvements. You might check out Greg Marsh or Peter Grunwald or Meir Schneider, all of whom started with vision as bad as yours or worse -- Meir Schneider read only Braille until he was 17, and if I'm remembering correctly his first pair of glasses was something like -35. All 3 of these guys are now internationally famous vision teachers -- there is hope for you, believe me.
Quote:try an unique exercise: Put your finger with a light power to the below cartilage of the ear and move your jaws right and left with light little sharp movements. Do not be afraid if you hear crunching. Crunching is an astigmatism muscles. With finger locate the point which would be crunch. 50 times to the right side and 50 times to the left side. The most powerful exercise.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give your recommended exercise a try.
Err..."crunching is the astigmatism muscles"?

blindbat: I don't know anything about the exercise that this guy recommends, but it doesn't sound very good. It's definitely not part of the Bates method. Proceed with care.

A bot perhaps?
@Pikachu - thnx for the heads up.

I will take everything with a grain of salt then.
@tariely: May I ask where you discovered the stuff you put on your website (it IS yours, I take it?)? Perhaps you did read the books of Bates, but why would you reject his findings?

Bates introduced the idea of relaxation as a means of vision improvement. Palming, sungazing, and the long swing are all concepts developed to achieve this relaxation. It is very interesting that you say that "night sleep is enough", because it was again Bates who pointed out that the eyes may or may not be in a state of strain in waking hours, but they can be in pretty severe states of strain when one is asleep. This is why we cannot just sleep for longer periods of time to improve our vision. It is also why the vision may appear to be blurry when one wakes up initially.

As for the crunching and astigmatism muscles, I am sure that your English may not be the best, but I do not know of any exercise where "crunching" is a good thing. And astigmatism is a visual defection, not a part of the eye; therefore, there can be no "astigmatism muscle".

If you have an alternative explanation, I'd like to hear it.
??? real astigmatism?...
Please tariely stop arguing false things, you claim that you are an expert on the Bates method, but it seems to me that you haven't got of what it is all about. You're speaking about W.H Bates, however, you don't understand what he has taught, even you don't know who he was... You're speaking about exercises, glasses, I am sorry but you're wrong.
@tariely: I'm sorry. I can't understand a thing you're saying. All I can say is that I never mentioned Helmholtz, whoever he may be. Do you speak some other language? Maybe that would make communication easier?
Okay. According to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov">www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov</a><!-- w -->, "Astigmatism is a type of refractive error of the eye." Or if you prefer the word of the American Optometric Association, "Astigmatism is a vision condition that causes blurred vision due either to the irregular shape of the cornea, the clear front cover of the eye, or sometimes the curvature of the lens inside the eye."

I don't know how you define the word "astigmatism," but I am pretty sure that the main definition in regards to one's eyes has to do with a visual defect. There may or may not be a muscle in the eye that when damaged, can lead to astigmatism. (Somehow, I feel that Bates would have said "no", but I haven't done any research into the topic, so I really don't know) Even if this hypothetical muscle DID exist, we would not call it an astigmatism muscle; the muscle would be called something else. I think it would be quite strange if you sprained your ankle and instead, referred to your ankle as a "sprain joint".

And for the record, I did a Google search on "astigmatism muscle", and nothing came up. I only got results where it was mentioned that astigmatism can be caused by strain in the muscles and stuff like that.
I removed tariety. He barely understands English and just came on here to spam the forum with his links. Conversations with him will just center around him making ridiculous arguments because he doesn't understand any of the words.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
david, i did not completely understand what he was trying to say as well.

I was wondering if he was a spammer b/c something did not seem right about his website.
He sounded sincere, if that means anything. I think that the most likely possibility is that he read Bates, but did not understand the English, so interpreted it in a very strange manner. I don't know if he really improved his vision or not, but obviously, he couldn't communicate very well. I looked at his website too. A lot of poor English makes it difficult to understand, but I don't see it advertising any scam or anything, and it appears that he opposes LASIK, but I just couldn't understand the poor fellow... Of course, that may just be my usual wishful thinking though. Smile
Pikachu, I have to give you a compliment -- I love how you always see the best in people, giving them the benefit of the doubt and not assuming they have nefarious motives. You are probably a really nice guy. I also appreciate how polite and straightforward you are, no sarcasm or subtle put-downs of people who disagree with you. Thank you -- it's refreshing.
@Nancy: I appreciate the compliment, especially coming from a person as kind-hearted as yourself. Smile

The way I see it, we're all here to achieve the same goal, so why not work together and support each other to get there? Interesting point there about sarcasm and put-downs. I generally don't like posting anything that requires anything other than literal interpretation. We don't communicate online as we would in face-to-face conversation. There is no body language, no hand gestures, no tone of voice, etc. So I try to be mindful of what I say and how I say it. On the flip side, I try to respect everyone and take in what they have to say with an open mind, and when I don't know what to think, I try to think positively. I figure that it's better to interpret an insult as a compliment than to interpret a compliment as an insult, if you understand what I mean.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now