MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Any suggestions on Brain work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestions on Brain work?
Hi, I started off four weeks ago with -3.5 in contacts. I'm now around -2, which I am very proud of, but I'm running out of ideas on how to keep going.

From what I've read I understood that vision is the velocity in which the mind ads up the images (using imagination and memory).

I'm now at the point where focus is not the problem. I can look at the sky and see a plane (only for a split second of course)

When I look at my room or people on the bus I see them blurry. It's as if the brain just doesn't add the details up.

Any ideas?
Read the Bates material and David's intro pages. This can't be summarized in a few sentences.
Thank you Nancy,

I've read those and I owe my own improvement to every word. What I meant was something general about teaching the mind to put things together, that can be used here. I've seen some people post their own creative ways*. So, thanx you guys, And please write me if you get any idea.

Reut

* I guess it's also my duty to add what helps me:

This is a simple drill I learned from Paula technique. It wakes up the body and makes facial muscles (eye muscles) more flexible. I do this every day before I practice with the Snellen Chart.

Lying on the bed, I start "blinking" with closed eyes-like we do during sleep. I do it for 50 minutes, palming for 5 minutes before and after.
At first all I feel is relaxation of the eye and facial muscles. Then I feel my tensed muscles starting to move along: my jaw moves sideways and my lips move from o lips to i lips. Muscles around the eye start engaging. Later other muscles join: fingers and toes, back muscles. I change position according to what the body demands, which is of course different every day. I experience about 4-5 different body positions in a session.
My eyes are then more focused and it's easier to start practicing Bates.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now