MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore and I'm glad I found this forum. I've been working on improving my myopia for over a month now, mostly by taking off my glasses whenever I don't have to use the PC and using computer glasses when I have to.

I also try to be out in the sun more, which I love. This morning, I managed to read a sign very clearly after getting some sun, so I really believe it works.

I started out on this journey because i was getting headaches from working too much, and my doctor told me it was caused by eyestrain and made worse by my glasses. From there, I started thinking about how to reduce my prescription and reading up on bates. I was blown away by how limited my thinking has been my entire life -- that once your eyesight goes bad, it's going to be that way forever. I know healing is possible now and I'm very grateful for it. Smile
@moony - Welcome to the forum. Ignore the post by 2012MRE - obviously a bot that David will have to get rid of.
I am curious about your statement about having to wear your lenses when using the computer - I have seen the same statement from others - this seems odd since the PC screen should be close enough to see without lenses unless you are practically blind.
moony Wrote:Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore and I'm glad I found this forum. I've been working on improving my myopia for over a month now, mostly by taking off my glasses whenever I don't have to use the PC and using computer glasses when I have to.
I also try to be out in the sun more, which I love. This morning, I managed to read a sign very clearly after getting some sun, so I really believe it works.
I started out on this journey because i was getting headaches from working too much, and my doctor told me it was caused by eyestrain and made worse by my glasses. From there, I started thinking about how to reduce my prescription and reading up on bates. I was blown away by how limited my thinking has been my entire life -- that once your eyesight goes bad, it's going to be that way forever. I know healing is possible now and I'm very grateful for it. Smile
Can you answer my survey questions:
1. Which decade were you born in?
2. Which country born in?
3. Born in a hospital? Y/N/?
4. Did you receive Neonatal Eye Antibiotics? Y/N/?
5. Were you raised in the same town/area where born? Y/N/?
6. Your age when 'diagnosed' myopic?
7. Parents myopic? M/F/Both/Neither/?
8. Any Siblings? Y/N
9. Siblings myopic? 0/1/2/3/?
10. Do you remember seeing clearly into the distance before developing/being diagnosed with nearsightedness? Y/N/?
11. Current lens 'prescription'?
12. Does your prescription bring both eyes to 20/20 or normal eyesight (or equal eyesight)?Y/N/?
13. Which eye is dominant with lenses on?
14. Which eye is dominant with lenses off?
15. Have you experienced any flash of clear distance eyesight since being diagnosed myopic?Y/N/?
Thanks!
Thanks JMartinC4, I can read text on a screen if it's maybe 5-7 inches from my face, but this would be very awkward to do in the office. It's also a bit hard to read clearly even with the screen so close (I've tried!) and in my job, clarity is vital. But I am looking fwd to the day when my myopia improves enough so that I can do without my computer glasses.

I'll try to answer your survey below.

1. Which decade were you born in? 1980s
2. Which country born in? Singapore
3. Born in a hospital? Y/N/? Y
4. Did you receive Neonatal Eye Antibiotics? Y/N/? No idea
5. Were you raised in the same town/area where born? Y/N/? Y
6. Your age when 'diagnosed' myopic? 8-9
7. Parents myopic? M/F/Both/Neither/? F
8. Any Siblings? Y/N Y
9. Siblings myopic? 0/1/2/3/? 2
10. Do you remember seeing clearly into the distance before developing/being diagnosed with nearsightedness? Y/N/? N
11. Current lens 'prescription'? -2.75/-3.5
12. Does your prescription bring both eyes to 20/20 or normal eyesight (or equal eyesight)?Y/N/? N
13. Which eye is dominant with lenses on? No idea
14. Which eye is dominant with lenses off? No idea
15. Have you experienced any flash of clear distance eyesight since being diagnosed myopic?Y/N/? Nothing dramatic like being able to see far away clearly, but closer things that are a few feet away - yes
Thanks![/quote]
moony Wrote:Thanks ..., I can read text on a screen if it's maybe 5-7 inches from my face .... It's also a bit hard to read clearly even with the screen so close (I've tried!) and in my job, clarity is vital. But I am looking fwd to the day when my myopia improves enough so that I can do without my computer glasses. I'll try to answer your survey below.
4. Did you receive Neonatal Eye Antibiotics? Y/N/? No idea
8. Any Siblings? Y/N Y
9. Siblings myopic? 0/1/2/3/? 2
10. Do you remember seeing clearly into the distance before developing/being diagnosed with nearsightedness? Y/N/? N
12. Does your prescription bring both eyes to 20/20 or normal eyesight (or equal eyesight)?Y/N/? N
13. Which eye is dominant with lenses on? No idea
14. Which eye is dominant with lenses off? No idea
15. Have you experienced any flash of clear distance eyesight since being diagnosed myopic?Y/N/? Nothing dramatic like being able to see far away clearly, but closer things that are a few feet away - yes
[/quote]
Thanks for the survey answers. I am sorry your eyesight is so bad.
What are 'computer glasses'? Without lenses I can still read most of my computer screen from 2 feet away or more. Maybe you have something other than common myopia?
I'll assume you received the eye antibiotics. I should have also asked if you have any non-myopic siblings? Looks like you are between 21 - 31 and been wearing lenses for myopia for 10 to 20 years. Did the nearsightedness get worse and worse each year until you stopped growing? When do you put your lenses on each day and when do you take them off?
Why doesn't your lens prescription improve each eye to 20/20?
You can figure out which eye is dominant by:
1) look at an object in front of you a few feet away
2) make a circle with thumb and forefinger
3) hold the circle at arm's length so you see the object in the circle
4) alternately close each eye to determine which eye is seeing the object through the circle - that is your 'dominant' eye

If you haven't already, you should begin by reading any/all of the NVI books and material available on the main website. After that I would recommend reading the material from the weblinks in my signature.
FYI - I do not really care too much about improving any specific individual's eyesight, although that is certainly wonderful when it happens. My primary concern is that nearsightedness has become an epidemic since around the mid-1900's, and worldwide has quickly and steadily been becoming more and more prevalent and progressively worsening. The fact that any specific individual can instantly have their within-normal-range myopia ('closed eye' from ancient Greek) magically turned into 20/20 eyesight, since the turn of the last century, has done absolutely nothing to arrest the epidemic, and I suspect has worsened it. If we don't figure out what's gone and is still going wrong, the natural born leaders will all become unnaturally fixated followers, and the leadership gap will be unsatisfactorily filled by natural born followers, or worse - predators. That's my opinion.
Hi JMartinC4, thanks for the tip on how to find out the dominant eye. I'm just starting out on bates, so I'm still learning and taking it slow. Most of the time now, apart from going without glasses whenever I'm away from the computer, I'm also trying to "un-learn" my natural tension in my eyes when I try to focus and remembering to relax.

This might sound odd but I actually don't think of my eyesight as being "bad". In fact, when I started taking off my glasses and doing all the things that I normally do (taking the bus, eating, shopping etc), I learned how GOOD my eyesight actually is. Whereas before I learned that reversal is possible, I had always thought of myself as someone who has very poor eyesight.

'Computer glasses' are just what I call my lower prescription glasses. They are a bit more powerful than reading glasses, because I need them to view my monitor which is abt 80cm away. That's what I asked for at the optician when I got my prescription done. And abt that, I'm actually very lucky that I got a good one. He didn't try to convince me not to get a lower prescription or anything like that. In fact, when he tested my old glasses and my eyes, he told me my previous optician had ordered them too powerful for me. He said opticians in Singapore do this a lot. They'll test the customer's eyes but when it comes to ordering the glasses, they'll increase the power because they hope this will make the resulting vision sharper and the customer will be better for it. But in the end, it just adds more strain.

All my siblings are myopic. And yes, my nearsightedness got worse each year while I was in primary school. I was made to get new glasses every year. I don't remember having a choice in the matter. It was just what the nurses got everyone to do.

I put on my glasses only when I get to my desk at work. I don't drive so it's ok. I take them off when I leave work.

Quote:Why doesn't your lens prescription improve each eye to 20/20?
Like I said, they're computer glasses.

Quote:FYI - I do not really care too much about improving any specific individual's eyesight, although that is certainly wonderful when it happens. My primary concern is that nearsightedness has become an epidemic since around the mid-1900's, and worldwide has quickly and steadily been becoming more and more prevalent and progressively worsening. The fact that any specific individual can instantly have their within-normal-range myopia ('closed eye' from ancient Greek) magically turned into 20/20 eyesight, since the turn of the last century, has done absolutely nothing to arrest the epidemic, and I suspect has worsened it. If we don't figure out what's gone and is still going wrong, the natural born leaders will all become unnaturally fixated followers, and the leadership gap will be unsatisfactorily filled by natural born followers, or worse - predators. That's my opinion.

I get what you mean. I read Louise Hay's books and in it she mentions how certain ailments relates to certain emotional/mental blockages or limiting beliefs. I believe there's something in that. And if I'm not wrong, myopia has to do with fear (fear of the future or what's ahead).

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now