MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hi, my name is Andy, and thought I would write a short hello. I've actually been visiting this website on and off over the past few months but hadn't really committed to joining the forums until now. I'm 26 years old and have been lightly myopic for the past four or so years, which I suppose is comparatively mild compared to a lot of members here. Nonetheless, I came here for guidance, and hope I can get some insight from people here who have had some success stories to share or on the uphill battle to cure their myopia as I am.

Even after getting glasses, I've been stubbornly avoiding wearing them since day one, which I suppose in the point of view of actually correcting the problem naturally, is a good thing. There have been many things that I remember accomplishing with 20/20 vision, and since getting glasses, I can't help but feel as though I'm on a crutch. At times, the blurry vision even depresses me in a disheartening way.

I've heard about the Bates method since early on, and to some degree, I do believe that exercising the eyes and using them as they are supposed to do work. I've tried incorporating various kinds of eye exercises over the past few years in the hope of correcting them. I know a little bit about palming, swinging, moving my eyes around, beaming close and far, sunning, etc., and have as often as I could practiced such techniques, though I don't seem to see much improvement. Part of this may be because I sit behind an office computer all day, and when I'm not doing that, I have my head buried inside a textbook (still a student). Such are routines I wish I didn't have to do, but for now, I'm stuck. If anyone has tips on dealing with such a lifestyle, I would be happy to hear from you!

In any case, I hope that by sharing and perhaps talking to someone that some progress might be found. For the most part, I don't think my eyes have really worsened over the past few years, so I think eye exercises, relaxation, etc., are working. There may have been some improvement, though it certainly took a long time to achieve. I'm prescribed 100/20, though recently scored 70/20 on an aviation medical. Could be that the eye docs over-prescribe too, I don't know. It's pretty mild, but after hearing stories of people attaining 20/20 in mere weeks or months from worst case scenarios, and even reading about it on this forum, I feel the need for a little counseling or advice.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hello and hope to learn from some of you. For those who've already corrected their vision, I must express my deepest admiration for you.
Visual system development naturally and normally should parallel one's Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual development. They are all connected. In a unified human being all are one. But various forces at play in the world and in ourselves can disturb and disrupt that unity.
Today on my drive to work I was thinking again of Dr. Bates' technique of shining a lightpoint onto the white (sclera) of the myopes' eyes to 'flood the eye with light' after sunning if the person was having little or no improvement. When I first read that, I thought it sounded ridiculous. But then I thought - what if?
So, I combined this thought with my observation of the need to raise my initial orienting visual plane (jiminos' 'looking at the horizon') and began pointing my face above the horizon and at the conjunction of land and sky (along the treetops for instance). I then imagined seeing from (and letting light fall on) the sclera of the lower halves of my eyes - underneath where I ordinarily think my pupils are and where I ordinarily look out at the world from. I began tilting my head back, nose in the air like a snob or a far-seeing American Indian, raising my sights, elevating my body - and voila: I began seeing very clearly into the various distances - as long as I remember that I am still trying to 'grow up' - to become a mature human being - across all five of the dimensions (visual, physical, mental, emotional, spiritual).
Even at 56 years old, I am still able to unstunt my stunted visual development - which is simultaneously connected with my overall development. The resulting improving eyesight was and still is far better than the instantaneously clear eyesight of magic lenses. Because it involves my entire person. It is me gaining control over myself, finding my way back to the path of normal human development, maturation, and unified connectivity. It is awesome.
Arriving at my office, I continued the technique and can now almost read the previously very blurry paragraphs on my wallmaps. I would say they become twice as sharp as they were. I am still gaining control. I am very close. Vewwy vewwy close as Elmer Fudd might say....
Thanks for Sharing, JMartinC4. I think you are right about the unity Smile

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now