MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How can I improve my eyesight......?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I improve my eyesight......?
I'm short sighted and really despise wearing glasses! So I try to just not wear them. But this gives me headaches, earaches, strains my eyes etc. I don't plan on getting contacts but I can't go on this way. How can I just simply improve my sight so I won't need glasses?
By the way, I'm too young for lazer eye surgery so that's not an option.
Thanks.
Hello,

Well, you've already aced your first lesson! You've learned that natural vision improvement is more than just taking off your glasses and straining to see through the blur. It's about reeducating yourself about how to use your eyes correctly, developing self awareness of how you use them with effort and strain, and mastering a technique or techniques that'll help eliminate all that. If you're young, all the better, you haven't had as much time for all the wrong habits to get as deeply ingrained, and reinforced by the wearing of corrective lenses.

If you haven't already, start reading the instructional information that David has made available right on this site. It's straightforward, well put together, and can help you get going in the right direction from the start. You can also start studying some of the writings of Dr. Bates, as there are links to that material also. Everything that you need to know about restoring your vision is right there, but it can take time to learn how to apply it correctly. Don't be shy about asking questions, there are many here who have lots of experience and knowledge, have been through the process and are more than willing to help.

All the best,

Andrew
@Darksun:

Does palming do any good to your aches?
hereford_picnic Wrote:@DarksunBig Grinoes palming do any good to your aches?
@hereford - did I misjudge you? Aren't you the same poster who sneered at clear flashes as a result of 'moisture on the eye = temporary contact lens effect = fake clear flashing'? Have you seen the light now? Had a flash of genius? Made a connection? Had a bright idea? I hope so!!
@J. Martin-C4-explosive-guy...

I feel much better now. Wink

I didn't sneer, I honestly thought that there was a great possibility that that was the case. We have to be on solid ground here. I've had and I still have flashes but many times it's with excessive tears. But when the flash stays after a blink... Well, that's when I'm convinced. But still there are the double images... Or triple... Sometimes a hundred.

But as a fellow from Italy nicely put it: "Maybe you are wrong. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we both are wrong." Smile

So, I apologize for my previous attitude. I'll try to be more sensitive from now on. But you know, it's hard to write long explanations if you cannot see well. Now I've got an external screen to my computer which I can keep close enough to my eyes, so it's easier now. Do not waste your energy on being mad at me. I am not your enemy.
]
hereford_picnic Wrote:@J. Martin-C4-[NON 8) ]-explosive-guy... I feel much better now. Wink I didn't sneer, I honestly thought that there was a great possibility that that was the case. We have to be on solid ground here. I've had and I still have flashes but many times it's with excessive tears. But when the flash stays after a blink... Well, that's when I'm convinced. But still there are the double images... Or triple... Sometimes a hundred.
But as a fellow from Italy nicely put it: "Maybe you are wrong. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we both are wrong." Smile So, I apologize for my previous attitude. I'll try to be more sensitive from now on. But you know, it's hard to write long explanations if you cannot see well. Now I've got an external screen to my computer which I can keep close enough to my eyes, so it's easier now. Do not waste your energy on being mad at me. I am not your enemy.
Great! It sounds to me like you and your visual system are trying to learn how to develop the ability to create and maintain normal tearfilms instead of bulging corneas. Keep at it! Eventually they should start to transform themselves. [And the 'C4' was never intended as a reference to the explosive. But I can't change it now. Tongue]
@C4 (or should I call you Martin? C4 is a kinda cool, though)
This is going to be really off topic, I hope you guys don't mind.

But I have to ask, what is the amount that a normal tearfilm can refract light? I mean, if compared hypothetically to non-existant tearfilm.

You may be right. Starting to blink was very hard at the beginning, because it hurt every time I did it. I guess there was something very wrong with my tearfilms at the time.
hereford_picnic Wrote:@C4 (or should I call you Martin? C4 is a kinda cool, though)
... what is the amount that a normal tearfilm can refract light? I mean, if compared hypothetically to non-existant tearfilm. You may be right. Starting to blink was very hard at the beginning, because it hurt every time I did it. I guess there was something very wrong with my tearfilms at the time.
Great question, and one which I have also been wondering. But not compared just to an eyeball with a degraded tearfilm (it can't be completely missing) - but compared as well to a corneal-bulged myopic eyeball and to a completely normal eyeball.
What I'm thinking is that there is a significant difference not only in refraction but in malleability/adjustability as compared to a corneal bulge.
I'm thinking the corneal bulge is one way the visual system attempts to repair itself when the tearfilms are degraded, and that the repair is developed over time expecially during rapid physical development, resulting in a very entrenched problem which fixates the nearsightedness.
But I doubt that the comparative refractory optics / math has been done anywhere.
Well, now that I think of it, corneal bulge is a bitch. That might explain what my friend told me. Her myopia was getting better when she used hard contacts, but after they got forbidden her condition got worse. I'm not actually sure if they are forbidden, but she said she can't get them anymore.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now