Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squinting in bright sunlight
Aquila Wrote:Well, I think that our eyes squint automatically in the bright light for a reason, and that sunglasses are made for a reason.
See for example, people who got their eyes damaged because they were looking directly at the sun..

The saying that the sun can also be dangerous for us is right, no doubt about it. But the qustion is- is it dangerous for the eyes in this case?

There must have been a lot of debate on this before and I'm by no means an expert, but I say that from my own experience the way to react to light is a lot about what a person's state and history is and can it change. I had for several years great annoyance in the morning because of the light that woke me too early and I felt pain even still in the afternoon. That made my life and the life of the people around me a bitch.

But in the end of last year I changed my attitude towards light and I welcomed it. I got used to it really fast. Previously even the light on cloudy days made me annoyed, but now I feel a lot better. I never could've thought such change would be possible. Still if I stay more indoors, it takes some time to adjust to outdoor lighting. But it changes in a day or two if I spend more time outdoors and remember to relax.

I believe (for now) that the light is most harmful if you cannot handle it. But one can adjust to it. This could be the same with sound. I know a person that has very similar reactions with light than a person with tinnitus would have with sound. That's why I think the problem is mostly in the head.

EDIT: Ok, Nancy already said it better

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now

Messages In This Thread
Squinting in bright sunlight - by Aquila - 08-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Re: Squinting in bright sunlight - by JMartinC4 - 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Re: Squinting in bright sunlight - by Aquila - 08-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Re: Squinting in bright sunlight - by Aquila - 08-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Re: Squinting in bright sunlight - by Aquila - 08-08-2011, 09:58 AM