MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Fusion is it safe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion is it safe?
I see many times different programs offer fusion exercises.
According to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleareyesight.info/id103.html">http://www.cleareyesight.info/id103.html</a><!-- m -->
this is not safe. Is it?
That's my site. i had divergence, wandering eye problem form doing those 3-d exercise. Also too much computer, neck injury. Corrected all these and stayed with Bates method only and ok now.
Another guy I met had divergence, double vision at distance from doing the 3-d exercise. He had to go to a behavioral optometrist to fix it. Optometrist gave him lot diff exs,... and one was looking to distance through a clear 3-D image card. He also had neck problem and lot computer use.
I prefer Bates Method only. Even with neck injury, lot computer, I still did not have double vision, slow divergence, slow eye movement til after playing with the 3-D images. 3-cups...

Was reluctant to post on my site but so many people ask about it, best to know what it is, how its different from true, natural Bates Method and that it is taught a certain way by a eye doctor only if absolutely needed if other natural method s not work.

It changes the way the eye muscles work with the brain and doing it too much, wrong... can really goof up the visual system.

Thomas Quackenbush, Natural Vision teacher told me years ago to avoid the 3-D exercises, posters, games. Read on the pictures how it is not true central fixation, blocks normal eye movement and the brain, eyes are not at the same distance, true distance the object of visual attention is at. Causes tension, strain.
thx clearsight

What about going through the strings (creating V and crossed V) exercises?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eye-exercises-for-good-vision.com/eye-exercises-for-suppression.html">http://www.eye-exercises-for-good-visio ... ssion.html</a><!-- m -->
Is it bad too?
Funny is that after you told me that 3cups is bad I got scared (cause I was experimenting with it before)
and my vision got very bad after that? No idea how the thought by itself could make such a big difference in my vision?
I hope i wake up and get back to the starting point tomorrow.

Anyway, I wonder from your experience what would you recommend for the person just starting out being nearsighted and with astigmatism?
Yes the bead string and similar exercises are very good, improve the eyes, brain function, eye muscles and vision.
You probably got stress in the mind from worrying. That can temporarily lower the vision.
The visual system returns to normal when you do only natural things and best when avoid eyeglasses.
Do the switching, shifting on the 3 pens in a row on my website. Or on any objects at different distances. Get the vision equal in both eyes.
Read Davids articles, blog. It really works; the shifting on details...
Do some palming. neck relaxation with long swing, figure eight.
thank you clarksigh,
amazing today i woke up due to emergency at work,
i went to my pc and the letters were pretty sharp, i did not even have time to think about it cause i was stressed about the work,
after some time i realized their sharpness and they slowly were getting more blurry,
I left home and went to work, and i noticed also that letters are blurry, and so tried something,
for the first time since i removed my glasses i looked through them for 5 sec,
it was so sharp, but at the same time so strong that i could not stand it,
i put them on the side again and i am back in business with no glasses

I noticed that vision through glasses was so unnatural and so annoying!!!

I also feel like my vision is fluctuating, bad, good, worse, better, etc.
I feel like my eyes are now in constant change.

you said "Get the vision equal in both eyes"
what do you mean by that?

Yes, i went through all the David's blog pages in the exercises section. It was so much information that my vision got crazy Smile
Wow! interesting. That’s common; often when people get a flash of clarity lasting a few seconds or hour... , then when they start to think too much about the eyes, clarity; it actually interferes with completely natural eye function and sometimes the clarity slips away. it will return. When you did not have time to think about the vision; the eyes worked complete natural and became clear. I teach students to practice Natural Eyesight Improvement; shifting, central fixation..., then; don’t practice, forget about the eyes and let them work correct completely natural, on their own.
Yes, the vision through the glasses will be very clear when the vision improves, but will become unclear as the vision continues to improve; the glasses will then be too strong and a weaker pair is needed. Best to avoid all glasses but many people use reduced weaker 20/40 legal for driving... as their vision improves; each time the vision improves more and the glasses are too strong; get another weaker pair. When you buy the 20/40 clarity lenses; it gives the eyes more time, more improvement before the lenses become too strong again. Also; weaker lenses produce less strain on the eyes, eye muscles and this allows them to return to normal relaxation, function. The mind/brain (whole Visual system) also relaxes, improves.

Glad you are using no glasses. They are too strong now for your present state; your vision must have improved. Dr. Bates says it is normal for the vision to fluctuate even in normal eyes; see his article the imperfect sight of the normal eye in Better Eyesight Magazine.

Vision equal; do the shifting, switching with; both eyes, then one eye time; if vision is less clear in one eye practice a bit more with that eye, then the other , them both together. Check the clarity of each eye at all distances.

David’s article on details… cured astigmatism i had in my eyes after a neck injury.
thx again,
i am considering to get a lower prescription just in case i need to put glasses (emergency) ,
but i wonder how low to go now. I just got my new glasses and I never put them on,
but they are some new tech and are very precise and strong.

my current prescription is:
OD: pl astigmatism -1.75 x176
OS -0.25 astigmatism -1.50 x005

should i ask for something like:
OD: pl astigmatism -1.25 x176
OS -0.25 astigmatism -1.00 x005

i dont plan to wear them , but just in case
cause i just ordered them and they were expensive and i can complain that it is too strong for me

Reading you page now clarknight , so much info!!!
If the clarity through the glasses is clear, they are too strong. Glasses should be weaker 20/40 line clarity on eyechart. Some people even get 20/50 if its comfortable. No strain when looking through the lenses. Remember; unclear through the glasses can happen when lenses are too weak as well as when too strong, so know the difference. weaker, not too weak will feel less tension. Astigmatism prescriptions keep the astigmatism in the eyes, eye muscles and prevent improvement. Try to go without the astigmatism sections. Use the astigmatism chart on my website to remove the astigmatism.
Going without the glasses is best. If must keep some astigmatism correction be sure to lower the strength as much as you can.

Fine a behavioral optometrist, or if you can; do it on your own;
See; zennioptical and other on-line optical stores; navigation page 5.
Yes, i already started to do your charts for astigmatism,
I wonder should I print them and look at them big or small is ok?
For example opening your page on the phone and looking at them while driving the train?

So far I am not interested in putting my glasses. I was fine for last 3 weeks so I have to survive.
I hope my journey through the Bates wont be as long as others in this forums (over years)
and I hope I wont be one of those who will never fix the vision and after struggling for few month will go back to glasses.

I believe!!!
Practice on large on the wall, distant and on small close to remove astigmatism at all distances.
Don't use on the phone. Do not tilt the head. Tilting the head moves the angle of astigmatism on the chart. You want to know your true line, lines 'angle' that is blurry.
Work on all the lines and more on the blurry ones. Shift, trace, central fixation.
You will get to 20/20 and clearer. Its good that you go without the glasses.
Vision improves easier, faster without glasses.
So far i practice every day for 30-45 min.
I basically established below routine and habits.
- after waking up, try to look at at sun for few minutes with closed eyes
- after that do 1-2min palming and start working with the chart (look close, distance)
- while on train to work constantly scan different objects and use central fixation, shifting, blinking
- at work or at home while working with the computer treat every letter or any object on the screen like a candidate for a scan and scan through it
- try to close the eyes every 10-20 min for at least 1 minute
- put a astigmatism charts next to the computer screens and practice with them 2 times a day at work
- when at home at night go through the routine: circle with eyes for 1 min, palming 1 min, chart left , right eye both, 3 pencils exercise 3-5 min, palming 1min, string exercises 3-4min , palming 1min
- if possible and have time do more of the astigmatism exercises
- while at gym do long swing between the exercises

Do lots of shifting, central fixation and blinking. Palm as often as possible.

That's my plan for next few month. Does it look good, or you can recommend some changes or additions?
I am already tired from doing all that crazy stuff.
People laugh at me and don't believe that I can do it, everyone is recommending the LASIK.
I believe in BATES!!!
Sounds like enough. Relax with palming. Take a break too sometimes.
Shift as a easy habit. Keep the astigmatism chart in front of the face when using it.
No lasik! Lots people lost their vision, impaired eye health from it.
clarknight, I have a question regarding the astigmatism char exercises.
Can I move my head left, right, top, down when I follow the lines or should I only use the eyes itself?
According to central fixation theory I should move my head.
Also, I was wondering what those exercises actually do?

Currently when I look at the wheel I see 6-12 the blackest. Rest is less black and less clear.

Today, I did a 30min of sunning with closed eyes. It felt like my eyes where in shock initially.
There were moving a lot. After 10 minutes they got relaxed a little.
I was also doing a lot of shifting and scanning, and for some reason I feel that my eyes go through some weird changes,
I can feel them shake, sometimes it feels like muscles overused, sometimes i feel like i don't have any eyes but they are there.
Is this all due to the changes to the way I try to see things?

Weird, but feels like the vision must come back with it!!!
Move your head with the eyes, same time, direction. Move the whole body with the eyes. Central field moves, shifting, tracing along the lines.
Do Davids shifting on details on the lines. Really works.

The exercise, (especially when working on the unclear lines) gets the eye muscles causing the astigmatism to move correct and relax. This makes the eye, cornea return to normal round shape, removes the astigmatism in that area of the eye, eyes. Do it deep relaxed and dynamic relaxation. You can also do one eye at a time also; work on the blurry lines, then all lines, little extra on the blurry. Then both eyes together again. Blink and relax. Avoid effort. Let the mind drift to something happy. Spend time just using your eyes naturally on all objects.

Your main angle of astigmatism, where the uneven eye and/or cornea area is, is on the blurriest line, lines.
I cant state on all your sensations. If anything feels straining, or over worked; take a break and do something else. Relaxation of the mind, eyes is the main cure Dr. Bates describes. Spend some time learning a deep relaxation skill. When relaxation is perfect; the eyes function normal 'on their own'. We just give them some assistance, a nudge in the right direction with practice.
When I first practiced switching and shifting close, middle, far; my eyes would feel 'worked out', like after a hour at the gym, a good feeling when I don't over do it. The eyes shape around the lids was also changing from a bit oval, lengthened, to round with a even curve along the lids. Vision so clear! I often don't need practice, sometimes only 1-2 days, 10 min day per year. With practice, the eyes maintain the correct function all the time without direction, control.
Sounds great and promising. I cannot wait when I start seeing better.
So far 3 weeks with no glasses.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download