MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Questions about reduced glasses prescription

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about reduced glasses prescription
So I am planning on getting reduced glasses prescription next week, but there are somethings I'd like to check first:

1. Can I get glasses that will do 20/30 correction for distance and still be improving my vision and not worsening it? (My best corrected vision is 20/15 vision and not corrected vision is 20/70)

2. Is there a big difference between 20/40 and 20/30 vision?

3. Will reduced glasses prescription slow my progression very much?

Thanks in advance!
If you're uncomfortable with 20/40 because it seems too weak, go with 20/30 and take them off as much as you can. You need to get used to not wearing glasses or depending on them to see.
I never used reduced glasses that's why I am asking all those questions (I have no experience with 20/40 vision corrected..), and BTW I haven't been using glasses for more than 3 months (since I started doing the bates method)..
The 20/30 lenses will not last as long - as the vision improves; they will soon become too strong. As soon as your eyes start to see almost 20/20 clear through them; they are too strong and another weaker, reduced pair is needed. Best to go without glasses, but if needed for safety, driving; get the reduced. 20/40 lenses are weaker than 20/30. Weaker 20/50... if these even more weaker lenses do not cause too much blur, enable more relaxation of the eyes, eye muscles, visual system so it can return, reverse to normal. Must be no strain, effort to see.
Clark is right. In most states in the USA you need to be able to see 20/40 to drive, so make sure you're legal (and safe!) when behind the wheel. Other than that, considering the work you've already done, you might find that even 20/40 glasses seem unnecessary, and 20/30 ones way too strong to be comfortable. Also, if your vision is changing fast, any glasses you get will soon be too strong as your eyes continue to improve.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now