MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought Reduced Glasses Prescription
Recently I bought reduced glasses prescription (didn't receive it yet), cause I need them very much during some parts of the day..
So I chose -1.5 diopter for each eye instead of of full correction of -2.0 diopter, and got full astigmatism correction (-0.5 in each eye), so now I see 20/27 in each eye instead of 20/17..

Btw from my last check my eyes prescription improved from -2.75 in left eye to -2.0 and -2.5 to -2.0 in the right one, and stigmatism became a bit better in left eye and a bit worse in right eye (now I have -0.5 in both of them).

So anyway my question is- is the full astigmatism correction will give me headaches and eyestrain? And did I reduce enough diopter in each eye so i wont get any headaches ?? please tell me if you think I made any mistakes in this prescription or not.
Aquila, I'm guessing no one has answered you because they aren't eye doctors and don't want to prescribe a glasses prescription over the internet, and I feel the same way. My behavioral optometrist removes astigmatism correction for most new patients if it's less than 2, which yours is. Also, you can give yourself a headache with no glasses at all by straining, although a too-strong prescription will also be likely to give you one. You've got to work with an eye doctor for these answers, or trust your own informed judgment.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now