MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
EFT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EFT
Has anyone tried EFT and/or TAT and had success? Is it possible to extend these therapies into NVI?

My thoughts are that these techniques could be a good way of 'resetting' during a stressful or anxious experience when the eyesight momentarily worsens. I don't have any experience with them, though - is there anyone here who does and could offer an opinion?
I use EFT a lot -- go look at my blog for any posts under the EFT category. Sometimes just tapping on my collarbone calms me down, sometimes I have to actively go through the points around my face and body while saying "That really upset me" or whatever applies while I tap. Carol Look, one of the top EFT teachers in the world, wrote a book about eyesight improvement and EFT, with 8 weeks of tapping scripts you do every day, a week on the anger stored in your eyes, a week on the belief that your vision will never get better, etc. Of course it's generic, and you won't find statements like "My teacher told me in 2nd grade I could be a proofreader when I grew up, and my mother said with my eyes I'd be blind in a month", tap tap tap. So it's a good start, but creating tapping scripts which are more specific and tailored to your own situation will give you more benefit. For me EFT has been a huge help in reducing my anxiety, which I think is a key factor in contracting my vision, but it's not enough by itself. It's a great tool, but you still need to practice good habits!
Oh wow, Nancy that's great! I should have known (well I did, really) that you would do EFT Smile - So it really helps with anxiety? I'm going to head over to your blog and have a look. I definitely wouldn't expect it to correct my eyesight or replace the Bates Method, but like you mentioned, I think it could be useful for moving past some of the more emotional/non technical blocks and tensions that I've encountered during NVI. Thanks for the feedback!
Hi Nancy,

I was reading through your blog posts on EFT - excellent. Thank you for taking the time to think through and put a voice to so much of the more emotional facets of seeing. One thing that struck me as very true was the theme of the: looking inward/looking outward balance. Perhaps EFT is effective because it helps a person to focus first upon their inner world - a central issue with all of the related emotions and memories and feelings gathered around it. This focus brings some order and understanding and eventually control over the inner world. This in turn frees up attention which can then be moved outward towards the external world. Then, being present, conscious, and actively engaged in our external world brings clarity. It sounds like a good tool, I'm going to give it a try when I feel emotionally overwhelmed or daydreamy.
EFT works; when I was stressed, neck tension, really down with a broken neck; I did this routine I found on the Internet; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i33V2EcVlY In one round my mind felt positive, clear, mood improved, felt good physically. This can correct energy flow in the head, eyes, body. After the injury, a friend told me he thought it caused my energy polarity to be reversed. Probably from the fear I experienced and the neck, back vertebrae being out of alignment. EFT helps correct the energy flow.
Tried to post a link to the midwest center for stress and anxiety but was rejected; said is spam. Then I clicked the red ! sign next to few posts, wondering what it is; Sorry about that, did not mean to click those.
seetheleaves, thanks for your comments -- what you say about inner vs. outward focus makes a lot of sense. I'm just coming back to "the grid" after losing power here in NY for 2 days from a foot of heavy wet snow breaking trees which are still heavily leaved, and then power lines. Had to reach out a bit more than I'm used to, introvert that I usually am. A neighbor lady who has a gas stove gave me a thermos of hot water so I could make tea (my stove is electric) and I felt like Santa Claus had visited me! I didn't even think about my vision as I shoveled snow and had only candle-light or flashlights in the house at night -- I could see well enough, and better in the dark than my glasses-wearing partner.

Oh, my partner and I went out last night looking like homeless people, hats to cover our dirty hair, leggings under our jeans, just to get some hot food. We got pizza and soda which I haven't had for years and years, and my stomach got upset, so I started tapping, "taking in needed calories", tap tap tap, "I'll be able to cook my eggs and vegetables soon", tap tap tap. I felt much better right away. They say, about EFT, "try it on everything", and I can see why.
Nancy and Clarknight - REALLY?!! ok that sounds crazy to me (in a good way Smile ) and i'm always really open-minded about these things. WOW. I'm starting right away - I found some basic info on youtube plus what clarknight posted below. Especially concerning health I find this to be a promising tool - I have Celiac and am terrified of being 'glutened' so I wonder if this would help my anxiety before eating away from home? Anyway, sounds great!
How often do you recommend to do the tapping routines? I mean, is it like just everytime you have an issue come up, or does it help as a good reminder even when things are going well?
seetheleaves, people have healed allergies with EFT: Ron (id goldrx7) wrote about this in a comment on one of my blog posts. So I see no reason why it shouldn't help with celiac. I'd say use it when the issue comes up, or when you think of it at other times, especially if you're fretting about it. "This constant worry about eating away from home..." tap tap tap. Let us know how it goes.

Here's one of my favorite YouTube EFT videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JIfxe8Nms with my favorite teacher Carol Look -- I took a weekend workshop with her which was outstanding. Have fun with it!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now