MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I'm new and want to introduce myself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm new and want to introduce myself
Hi everyone, I'm new and couldn't find a place to introduce myself so I did it here.
I'm nearsighted, but I've never worn glaces. I tested myself and I was able to read the 20/70line on the Snellen Chart. It was a little bit blurry, but I recognized all of the letters. Momentarely I'm reading the book of Thomas Quackenbush: Relearning to see. I try to palm often, but I don't understand the swing complete. I also don't have much time after school to palm and swing, but I keep up blinking and shifting up all day, sometimes I catch myself staring. If somebody knows something that doesn't take much time or a small program, then it's very welcome. Every help is good!
Hi timmyboy,

The fact that you've never worn glasses should make this a lot easier for you than it would if you did - glasses screw with your visual system in many ways, and most people have to not only go through improving their vision but undoing all those side effects as well.

The simplest directions I know of for someone who doesn't want to spend much time at it or doesn't have the time to spare is this:

Get an eye chart, hang it on the wall, and read it twice a day, starting from the top down to as far as you can, without pushing or straining your eyes at all. Throughout the day, keep your eyes moving constantly from detail to detail, in an easy, low-energy way, never stopping to stare or lock your eyes.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks Dave, I'll start immediatly by copying a few eye charts. BTW:I'm 15 years old
and I'm from Belgium. I know my English isn't perfect, but i think you understand me.
But I still have question: If I centralize, it seems like I'm staring. How can I centralize without staring? Should I move my eyes quickly?If I do that, my centralization isn't very clear.
Dave, if I read the chart, at which distance should i do it? At 20feet or less? Maybe it's different from person to person, but what do  you recommend?

I also play darts and I have the feeling I'm staring at the point I'm aiming at.

If I centralize, it seems like I'm staring. How can I centralize without staring? Should I move my eyes quickly?If I do that, my centralization isn't very clear.

If someone can answer that question, it would be great.

Timmyboy
20 feet or 10 feet, or whatever. Just keep it consistent from day to day so you can see your vision changing and get comfortable with whatever distance it is. Basically it should be a distance where at first you can at least see the top letter of the chart so you have something to work with.

So while playing darts, instead of staring at a point, look just a tidbit to the sides of it, and above and below it, imagining that you're looking at points there, even if you don't notice anything there.

Yes, you should move your eyes quickly, but very easily. The eyes are so strong, and can move so quickly on a constant basis with virtually no effort. But the problem is when you try to FEEL them moving - that only means you're bringing in more tension so that you can feel something, which is the wrong thing to do. When you look at something, just look at the details, from detail to detail, instead of trying to see the whole thing at once.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks again,Dave

Now I know what to do I can start.

If something weird happens, or if I see improvement I'll post it.
Maybe if I have my first clear flash I'll post.
Because I try to use the good vision habits for a week or two, I know how most
things work. Tomorrow, when I looked at the clock I could read 7:11 without it was blurred. Maybe it's because I had a good night sleep, maybe because I palmed for about ten minutes the evening before, right before I went to sleep. I don't know, I even don't really care, as long as it's coming back every morning Smile. It only lasted for a blink or 4 but it was motivating to SEE te difference.

Greatings to all, and feel free to post,
Timmyboy

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now