MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My eyes are not dry anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My eyes are not dry anymore
I always had dry eyes.It seems that eye exercises helped my eyes return it's moisture in just 1 day!!wow!
.I also noticed that i yawn more frequently and my eyes are much more mobile.I have myopia -0.75 and i expect to return to -0.25 and eventally to a perfect eyesight.Among other things i am practising sungazing(staring at the sun),so far it didn't help my vision Sad
I am doing up down, left right ,diagonal,round and round head towards the ceiling.AFter that i focus close and far with my finger.AFter that i do palming for 10 minutes.Between each excercise i palm for 40-50 seconds, do you guys think i should withdraw the palming between exercise?
I heard it was good to them right after the excercise(after up down i palm ,then i do left right i palm etc...).
Hello!

These exercises are ok if they bring you results that's even greater, but doing them without understanding why and how incorrect you use your eyes is pointless. You can do them for 10-20 minutes a day and then you will come back to your daily routines and start doing same wrong things to your eyes. I suggest reading article on the main site (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/articles/bates-method-part1.php">http://www.iblindness.org/articles/bate ... -part1.php</a><!-- m -->) and David's blog posts (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blog.iblindness.org/">http://blog.iblindness.org/</a><!-- m -->) for example and then you will understand how to use eyes correctly (in theory) and that's the true start to improving your eyesight. I personally don't do any exercises at all (except relaxation exercises). I just try to monitore whole day how I am using my eyes at moment and if it's wrong trying to make it better (by shifting, relaxing for example).
Sungazing seems to be ok, haven't done it yet because there's winter in my country, lack of sun... You shouldn't withdraw palming, every relaxation exercise is good (try closing eyes for few seconds, with imagination of something that brings you relief, or try to concetrate on the feeling in your eyes, it produces better vision for me!). So keep practicing, palm if it brings you help and remember thate eye improvement doesn't end with the end of practice time. Each moment of a day is opportunity to learn.

Good luck!
I have done sun-gazing, and recommend starting by closing your eyes and looking at or near the sun. Remember not to stare, and that the goal is relaxation. 

If it increases your relaxation, feel free to open your eyes and look at or around the sun. If you are squinting, then you have gone too far too fast. Look away from the sun a certain distance, or close your eyes, until you can return again to the sun, which may take days of working on it before you can get there.

Also remember that UVB emitted from the sun burns, the whole reason for sunglasses (aside from blocking light as well) and sunblock lotion. So, don't do it for a crazy long time, because theoretically it could burn your retina if done for too long.
Skywalker Wrote:Hello!

These exercises are ok if they bring you results that's even greater, but doing them without understanding why and how incorrect you use your eyes is pointless. You can do them for 10-20 minutes a day and then you will come back to your daily routines and start doing same wrong things to your eyes. I suggest reading article on the main site (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/articles/bates-method-part1.php">http://www.iblindness.org/articles/bate ... -part1.php</a><!-- m -->) and David's blog posts (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blog.iblindness.org/">http://blog.iblindness.org/</a><!-- m -->) for example and then you will understand how to use eyes correctly (in theory) and that's the true start to improving your eyesight. I personally don't do any exercises at all (except relaxation exercises). I just try to monitore whole day how I am using my eyes at moment and if it's wrong trying to make it better (by shifting, relaxing for example).
Sungazing seems to be ok, haven't done it yet because there's winter in my country, lack of sun... You shouldn't withdraw palming, every relaxation exercise is good (try closing eyes for few seconds, with imagination of something that brings you relief, or try to concetrate on the feeling in your eyes, it produces better vision for me!). So keep practicing, palm if it brings you help and remember thate eye improvement doesn't end with the end of practice time. Each moment of a day is opportunity to learn.

Good luck!

yes i know,tnx for the links, i will read an e book on this topic.I heard that when looking into the monitor i should look into the distance every 15-20 minutes,also there should always be a light because working in the dark is stresfull for the eyes.Also palming is the most important of all, i do it before going to bed for 20 minutes because eyes don't rest during the sleep.Each moment of a day is opportunity to learn.
Well put. I will try to master the excercies and the art of seeing.Also i yawn during the day,that helps a lot and i heard it improves vision also.
[b]What do you guys think about pinholle glasses? Do they work or are they a scam?[/b]
I just try to monitore whole day how I am using my eyes at moment and if it's wrong trying to make it better (by shifting, relaxing for example).
I believe that is the key. Wink
In my humble opinion Focusing close and far and palming are the best excercise for those who have myopia.
FIAT2LUX Wrote:I have done sun-gazing, and recommend starting by closing your eyes and looking at or near the sun. Remember not to stare, and that the goal is relaxation. 

If it increases your relaxation, feel free to open your eyes and look at or around the sun. If you are squinting, then you have gone too far too fast. Look away from the sun a certain distance, or close your eyes, until you can return again to the sun, which may take days of working on it before you can get there.

Also remember that UVB emitted from the sun burns, the whole reason for sunglasses (aside from blocking light as well) and sunblock lotion. So, don't do it for a crazy long time, because theoretically it could burn your retina if done for too long.

i'm 20 min into it, the practice is 45 minutes.I am doing Method by HRM which means i am increasing 10 seconds everyday.RIght now is winter so not much sun
Saty Wrote:yes i know,tnx for the links, i will read an e book on this topic.I heard that when looking into the monitor i should look into the distance every 15-20 minutes,also there should always be a light because working in the dark is stresfull for the eyes.Also palming is the most important of all, i do it before going to bed for 20 minutes because eyes don't rest during the sleep.Each moment of a day is opportunity to learn.
Well put. I will try to master the excercies and the art of seeing.Also i yawn during the day,that helps a lot and i heard it improves vision also.
[b]What do you guys think about pinholle glasses? Do they work or are they a scam?[/b]
I just try to monitore whole day how I am using my eyes at moment and if it's wrong trying to make it better (by shifting, relaxing for example).
I believe that is the key. Wink
In  my humble opinion Focusing close and far and palming are the best excercise for those who have myopia.

Remember that the whole point is relaxation and letting go of strain. That is why it is recommended to look into the distance every so often. If you can palm properly, then you will likely greatly benefit. However, there are some for whom palming has a detrimental effect, and therefore they must at least temporarily use something else.

It is helpful to have good light, however both bright and dim light sources require more relaxation than normal light and therefore it is good to practice being in them. In fact, Dr. Bates devoted a whole chapter to adverse conditions and their effect on the eye.

As for the eye NEVER being at rest during sleep, that was not what Dr. Bates said. He said that the eye is RARELY at rest during sleep. That is different.

Pinhole glasses I do not possess enough information about to give an accurate answer regarding. However, I do use reduced prescription lenses when necessary (like driving currently).
Fiatlux you said you have done sungazing, i reckon you stopped the practice, if so ,why?

I did basic excercises in the morning and 2 hours or so before going to bed very light!!.It seems that this won't cut it, i feel pressure in my pineal gland and nostrils so i decided to quit those excercises and start these Yoga eye excercises <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwXuRIR3Co">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwXuRIR3Co</a><!-- m -->

Of course palming, focusing and zooming is a must.Also i am bringing neck excercises in the morning Bates mentioned in his book "better eyesight without glasses".

I also heard dipping eyes in morning urine for 2-3 minutes is very good for the eyes.Any info on that?
@Saty I do still do a little sun-gazing, but only if I will be in the sun and need to adjust to the light, or it is just right on the window when I do other practices.

As for urine, I would recommend good clean water instead. In other words, dipping your eyes in (clean) water once in the morning and once in the evening is a reasonable idea if you find it helpful. Urine can be acidic, so I really wouldn't recommend it unless you want chemically burnt eyes. Where did you hear that from?

The best days for my vision I've found to be accomplished via different swings, some palming and a relaxed atmosphere on a cool crisp sunny day when I'm outside (which includes sunning), and I may have done some stuff with the Snellen also. Remember though that each person will find something different for themselves most likely.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now