MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How Cristiano Ronaldo eyes do shifting? Watch this!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Cristiano Ronaldo eyes do shifting? Watch this!
Hello, recently I have found an interesting material about Cristiano Ronaldo. Experts team invited him to do test, which showed why he's so great football player. But that's not point. One experiment interested me, when Cristiano put on some device, which measured and recorded his eye movements while he's dribbling the ball. Also there are fragments which shows how his eyes shift in normal situation. Take a look!

PS. Notice that an opposite player, who wants to take ball from Cristiano has obviously eye problems (you can see he's wearing glasses on the whole film )and his eye shifts are also shown!

Also take in mind that this device record is only about 5-8 second long, but these shifts are... FAST.

Please watch 15:50 minute because the interesting part starts from here.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xmtwEwAf9Tk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mtwEwAf9Tk</a><!-- m -->

I'm sure that having such a test with this device would bring interesting data for us.
That's a good one. He was looking specifically at the knees, the feet, etc. It's all skill. It requires a base skill of good eye movement, and that skill can be pushed to improve even further by forcing it to work hard in the context of the specific skills of the game.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
fascinating stuff, that.

be well,

jim
WOW.
That is a beautiful illustration of what eyes are meant to do. Brilliant.
My shifts are very slow compared with the Ronaldo shift's....
This video is really good.
There seems to be two types of shifting. I figured it out when I watched Christiano Ronaldos shifting. According to me there is an accurate and precise shifting with really sharp movements, where you know where to look. This assumes a really good peripheral vision as well. The test didn't manage to reveal how good peripheral vision Ronaldo has compared to the other player, that is a pity. There is also a second type of shifting where you look at a confined small area, for instance the ball at rather far distance, then the sub conscious mind takes over and do the shifting within that confined area (the ball). I did some tests on my own and looked at Jupiter with the second shifting type. I was totally astonished because I got telescopic vision and I could see at least five moons with my naked eyes (but I of course used my glasses since I am still myopic). When I looked at the moons my eyes shifted automatically from moon to moon in a sort of confined area.
Ever since I heard Dr. Bates account of a girl seeing the moons of Jupiter without any visual aid, that is something I view as a goal to achieve of perfect vision, and I have notice those minute distance shifts also in my own vision when I'm doing things right.
FIAT2LUX Wrote:Ever since I heard Dr. Bates account of a girl seeing the moons of Jupiter without any visual aid, that is something I view as a goal to achieve of perfect vision, and I have notice those minute distance shifts also in my own vision when I'm doing things right.

Oh I was really disappointed today. Sad I found out this evening that my telescopic eyesight only was just an illusion, even if I probably see better than normal. What I thought was five moons of Jupiter was in fact instead just some stars of the constellation Pisces, the Fishes, around the star Sirrah. It is obviously hard to be an amateur astronomer Smile especially if you shall just do naked eye observations, but I will not give up. I still have the goal to see the moons of Jupiter with my naked eyes, because it is possible.
hammer Wrote:
FIAT2LUX Wrote:Ever since I heard Dr. Bates account of a girl seeing the moons of Jupiter without any visual aid, that is something I view as a goal to achieve of perfect vision, and I have notice those minute distance shifts also in my own vision when I'm doing things right.

Oh I was really disappointed today. Sad I found out this evening that my telescopic eyesight only was just an illusion, even if I probably see better than normal. What I thought was five moons of Jupiter was in fact instead just some stars of the constellation Pisces, the Fishes, around the star Sirrah. It is obviously hard to be an amateur astronomer Smile especially if you shall just do naked eye observations, but I will not give up. I still have the goal to see the moons of Jupiter with my naked eyes, because it is possible.

Well at least you gave me something to use to make sure I don't mis-identify something like that. Smile
I would love to see this video but it appears to have been taken down. Could you please reply with a similar video? Thanks Smile
Cognisant Wrote:I would love to see this video but it appears to have been taken down. Could you please reply with a similar video? Thanks Smile
here it is Wink
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcUkvIX6no">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcUkvIX6no</a><!-- m -->
Wow, this is fascinating! Thank you Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download