MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Affirmations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affirmations
Hello
I think the most important aspect of the bates method is to sketch, breathe and blink all the time consciously until it becomes subconcious again.
One of the other things i use is affirmations. It's important to use affirmations in the present tense, i.e speaking as if you eyesight is already better or improving.
Some of the affirmations i use are:
"My vision is improving more and more each day"
"I am relearning to do something i used to perfectly called sketch, breathe and blink"
"My eyes relax and the chronic tension is released"
"I can see anything clearly in the distance"
"I can see clearly with my own eyes"

Can anyone share their affirmations they use?
Thanks

Jamie
Oh yeah, affirmations are great. They do need to be done with interest and emotional backing, but I've heard that it's fine to "fake it till you make it" too.

Louise Hay's 22 year-old book (and still in print) You Can Heal Your Life should have a lot of healing affirmations and that type of thing. I haven't seen it, but I've heard her talk and know enough about her work to bet that it's a great book.

Here's some more:
"I can see with no strain whatsoever"
"It's the easiest thing in the world to see"
"I am disowning any reasons I have to not see"
"The world around me is perfectly clear"
"My clarity is already being taken care of"
"It is safe to see everything clearly"
"The universe is a safe place to see in"
"I deserve to see everything"

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I have the book "You can heal your life" It is fantastic. There is a section with a big list of ailments, the probable cause and a new thought pattern to help heal it.
Here is what it says about eye problems:

Problem                  Probable cause                        New thought pattern

Astigmatism            "I" trouble. fear of really        I am now willing to see my own
                                seeing the self.                        beauty and magnificence.

Cataracts                Inability to see ahead with    Life is eternal and filled with joy.
                                joy.

Crossed eyes          Not wanting to see what's      It is safe for me to see. I am
                              out there. crossed purposes.    at peace.

Far sighted            Fear of the present                  I am safe in the here and now.
                                                                                I see that clearly.

Glaucoma                Stony unforgiveness.                I see with love and
                              Pressure from long-                    tenderness.
                              standing hurts. Overwhelmed
                              by it all.   

Near sighted          Fear of the future. Not trusting    I trust the process of life.
                              what is ahead.                            I am safe

Wall eyed            Fear of looking at the present,      I love and approve of myself
(Exotropia)          right here.                                      right now.

Can anyone relate to any of this? I suppose there might be a link and having these negative thoughts might trigger the bad eyesight or accelerate it. But it's probably more to do with acquiring incorrect vision habits. Who knows.

Jamie
Interesting, I had no idea she went over vision problems.

Several different writers have said the same types of things about some of those, like myopia involving a fear of the future. But I think a simple approach is best with anything psychological, or you risk confusing yourself, getting too much "in the head", or exaggerating a problem that you really don't have. So, like she suggests, I think affirmations are pretty much enough as far as dealing with it. Besides doing Bates exercises, of course.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now