MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please
Hi,
Im 17 coming up 18, I have myopia i think, i think iv had it all my life but i have never told ANYBODY, Iv NEVER worn glasses. when i was around 9 yrs old I did get hit on the head with a brick (accidental) and got knocked out for a few seconds then about 2 days later my whole face swelt up badly and my eyes were slits and lasted for about 3 days, i went to the hospital but they didnt check my eyes, i dont know if this caused my myopia but it could have done. NOBODY in my family has myopia! but my dad and mom need reading glasses now. I can never remember having 20/20 vision, its around 20/60 now and i can remember in year 7 i was never able to see the writing on the board, my vision hasnt got any worse since then. I started doing the Bates method last October, i think my vision has actually improved a little since then. I was getting really bad head aches around my eyes and forehead in year 10, it hurt when i touched that area aswell, i think it could have been sunitus, which i think gave me my dark circles under my eyes, it stopped about 2 years ago though. I also find my vision acuity gets quite alot better after reading (on a laptop) it improves from 20/60 to 20/40 always. Since i started the bates method i think i have had a little improvement. I dont think my central fixation is normal because all the letters are equally black when i look at them. Can some one help me please. Thanks
Good job taking the initiative to arrest your visual acuity descent! The posts by David in the blog, and his introduction articles are great starting points. Then, one major thing is to ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING CONSISTENTLY!!!

You could sit around for a few years just reading and asking questions about vision improvement whilst hardly doing anything else. If you want to get real improvement, you've gotta actually do something. So I'd recommend reading these, following the sponsored blogs, reading Dr. Bates Perfect Sight Without Glasses, Paul's Pathway to Normal Vision (~37 pages long), seeing.org has illustrations on the different swings that would be useful, and then putting into practice what you find and asking any clarifying questions you need to.

That would be where to start. After you've put all that into practice for 2 months, go ahead and do all the other research you want. You'll have the fundamentals down pretty well.

If you put the fundamental principles into action viewing it as joyous play and not work, then you should continue seeing improvement all the way until the Snellen Chart shows 20/20 or better consistently.

Keep at it! You will succeed if you want to!

Btw, this is the free route. If you want to jump start progress, you'll want to find a good teacher, for example, Clarknight, Ms. Nancy, or others, such as from the links on seeing.org, pay a hefty fee for a few hours a day, and do what you're taught. It'll likely be faster, but at your stage, you'll probably be just fine going the free route. Plus it gives the satisfaction of figuring everything out enough to get results.
It sounds like you may have had some aggravation to the eye socket bones or the eye muscles, nerves attached to the bones or the neck, but it sounds like it has healed. This condition can cause proneness to sinus and sinus congestion can definitely cause the dark circles under eyes and does affect the vision. Maybe even after it all healed you got into the habit of squinting, tension in the visual system. Stay away form glasses and you should be fine; the fact that you have had some improvement with Bates method shows that the eyesight can return to normal. You can read books free on Google but remember that computer do lower the vision after long use. Its interesting that your vision improves form the laptop use; Dr. Bates states that reading fine print up close improves close and distant vision. I bet if you did it on real print, real paper in the sunlight you would get more improvement. Also do the shifting... other things on distant objects to keep balance; <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://books.google.com/books?id=pbAMlxshrsEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=natural+eyesight+improvement&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XbFwT_v6L6rl0QGWx4TbBg&ved=0CFIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=natural%20eyesight%20improvement&f=false">http://books.google.com/books?id=pbAMlx ... nt&f=false</a><!-- m --> There are more books you can find under the authors.

For sinus; avoid air pollution. Pollen, dry heat can cause congestion. Use a ‘warm steam’ humidifier with organic sea salt in your room to cure sinus. Pure water only; no chlorine... Try for non plastic, no chemical container for humidifier.

Follow David’s post, articles; my method has a bit of exercises (switching)mixed with Bates Method. David's is more true, straight natural and it really works! Shifting, central-fixation, relaxation. Avoid squinting, staring.

Although a neck mis-alignment can cause unclear vision... chiropractors often cause more harm and stroke, injury by chiropractors occurs more often than they admit. If you had a neck injury you would probably have many other symptoms. I was hit in the head with ice balls, snowballs as kid and grew out of the problem; did end up with myopia but cured by Bates Method only. Lot more to teach but I think you can get clear with what I have given here. Your vision is not that impaired.. You can do it.
If you have any questions about the books; write to me through this Forum.

Clark
Thank you very much!
Heres a training article;

Draw a circle about 5 inches high, wide.
Draw a small dot in the center.
Draw a dot on the left side and on the right side.

Look directly at the dot in the center of the circle, with the dot at eye level between the left and right eyes.
While looking directly at the dot it is in the central field and is clearest. Eyes with normal clear vision will see the dot clear in the central field. (Let the eyes move, shift point to point on the dot to avoid staring, tension, blur. Blink, relax.)

While looking at the dot in the center of the circle; notice that the dots on the left and right sides of the circle are in the eyes peripheral visual field and are less clear. This is normal vision.

Next; turn the eyes, head/face left < and look directly at the dot on the left side of the circle with the dot at eye level between the left and right eyes. The eyes move the central field (eyes fovea centrals in the center of the macula) onto the dot on the left, placing the dot in the central field of vision. The dot on the left is now clearest.
While looking at the dot on the left; the dot in the middle of the circle and right side of the circle are in the peripheral field and are less clear.

Repeat the experiment by looking directly at the dot on the right side, placing it in the central field and seeing it clearest.

The eyes, fovea, central field move from object to object, part to part on a object seeing 'one small part' at a time clearest in the central field. The eyes, central field move so quickly, easily that the entire visual field appears perfectly, equally clear, though in reality; the object, 'part of a object' the eyes are looking directly at, (even if it's only for a second, split second as the eyes move continually part to part, object to object) is seen clearest in the central field as the central field passes over that part.

The tiny exact central field, produced by the center of the eyes fovea sees small fine details clear, clearer than 20/20 with bright color in the exact central field. The true eye function is to shift point to point.
The eyes are always in movement, this is healthy. The eyes combine shifting and central-fixation for clear vision.

From Ophthalmologist Bates 'Better Eyesight Magazine';

An invariable symptom of all abnormal conditions of the eyes, whether functional or organic, is the loss of central fixation. When a
person with perfect vision looks at a letter on the Snellen test card he can always observe that all the other letters in his field of
vision are seen less distinctly. He can also observe that when he looks at the bottom of even the smallest letter on the card, the top
appears less black and less distinct than the part directly regarded, while the same is true of a letter of diamond type, or of the
smallest letters that are printed. When a person with imperfect sight looks at the card he can usually observe that when he can read a line of letters he is able to look at one letter of a line and see it better than the others, but the letters of a line he cannot read may look all alike, or those not directly regarded may even be seen better than the one fixed.
These conditions are due to the fact that when the sight is normal the sensitiveness of the fovea is normal, but when the sight is
imperfect, from whatever cause, the sensitiveness of the fovea is lowered, so that the eye sees equally well, or even better, with
other parts of the retina. Contrary to what is generally believed, the part seen best when the sight is normal is extremely small.
The text-books say that at twenty feet an area having a diameter of a quarter of an inch can be seen with maximum vision, but anyone who tries at this distance to see every part of one of the small letters of the Snellen test card - the diameter of which is about a quarter of an inch - equally well at one time will immediately become myopic. The fact is that the nearer the point of maximum vision approaches a mathematical point, which has no area, the better the sight.
The cause of this loss of function in the center of sight is 'mental strain' and as all abnormal conditions of the eyes, organic as well
as functional, are accompanied by mental strain, all such conditions must necessarily be accompanied by loss of central fixation.
When the mind is under a strain the eye usually goes more or less blind. The center of sight goes blind first, partially or completely,
according to the degree of the strain, and if the strain is great enough the whole or the greater part of the retina may be involved.
When the vision of the center of sight has been suppressed, partially or completely, the patient can no longer see the point which he is looking at best, but sees objects not regarded directly as well, or better, because the sensitiveness of the retina has now become approximately equal in every part, or is even better in the outer part than in the center. Therefore in all cases of defective vision the patient is unable to see best where he is looking. This condition is sometimes so extreme that the patient may look as far away from an object as it is possible to see it and yet see it just as well as when looking directly at it. In one case it had gone so far that the patient could see only with the edge of the retina on the nasal side. In other words, she could not see her fingers in front of her face, but could see them if she held them at the outer side of her eye. She had no error of refraction, showing that while every error of refraction is accompanied by eccentric fixation, the strain which causes the one condition is different from that which produces the other. The patient had been examined by specialists in this country and Europe, who attributed her blindness to disease of the optic nerve, or brain' but the fact that vision was restored by relaxation demonstrated that the condition had been due simply to mental strain.
Eccentric fixation, even in its lesser degrees, is so unnatural that great discomfort, or even pain, can be produced in a few
seconds by trying to see every part of an area three or four inches in extent at twenty feet, or even less, or an area of an inch or less
at the near point, equally well at one time, while at the same time the retinoscope will demonstrate that an error of refraction has
been produced. This strain, when it is habitual, leads to all sorts of abnormal conditions and is, in fact, at the bottom of most eye
troubles, both functional and organic. The discomfort and pain may be absent, however, in the chronic condition, and it is an encouraging symptom when the patient begins to experience them.

Should have placed this in a central fixation or shifting post. How delete and move?
I have done the excercise and iv noticed that i can see the dot im looking at is clearer than the other two, how long should i do it for and should i gradually increase the distance?
Good! That means your vision is functioning normal.
Now do this; draw 2 dots very close together; . .
Repeat the experiment; can you still see the dot your looking directly at clearest in the centrla field? If yes, you have very good central-fixation.
Now it try on dots closer together; ..

Its just a test. You don't need to repeat.

Read David's blog, articles on 'looking at details'.

Look at a flower or small stone and let the eyes, central field, 'fovea centralis' move' point to point'; tiny part to tiny part. Investigate the details, shapes, textures, colors...
Can you shift on the tiny particles of pollen? Microscopic vision.

Try it on far objects.
yes but this is at near point, iv also noticed i get double vision in my prehephiral ???
On the far objects; look at small parts on the far objects.

When looking close, objects in peripheral should appear double.
When looking far, close objects appear double. Its normal if its the image I think you are talking about.

see theb bead string, scroll down page; http://cleareyesight.info/id9.html
I think i have double vision aswell, its worse in my right eye! oh dear Sad
Neck, shoulder tension? Bit astigmatism? Too much Computer?
Try long swing, Sway, cross crawl. Palming, Central -fixation.
What's the cross-crawl? I haven't heard of that one before.
+ Lift the right foot, knee up to center of body and touch the knee with the left hand.
Then foot, knee, hand back to down position.
Now;
+ Lift the left foot, knee up to center of body and touch the knee with the right hand.

Repeat back and forth.
Activates, intergrates left and right brain hemispheres and their function with eyes.

Is the double vision in one or both eyes horizontal or vertical?
Astigmatism can cause images to be double but it goes away with practice. Sometimes a person has a bit of Astigmatism but if the vision is very unclear its not noticed until the blur starts to go away with practice. Then with more practice, the astigmatism clears, double images merge into one. Shift, central fixation with relaxation clears it.
Find a astigmatism wheel, lines to shift, move the central field along; http://www.google.com/search?q=astigmati...08&bih=539
Trace, shif on/along the lines; looking at, seeing one line at a time clearest.

Eye doctors make the patient look only in the center of the wheel and try to see all lines at the same time without looking directly at them; no central fixation, no shifintg. This often causes temporary astigmatism during the exam and results in unnecessary astigmatism eyeglass prescription that will maintain, increase the astigmatism.
i have vertical double vision in my right eye only :o
So side by side, left and right? Actually vertical or horizontal can still be only astigmatism. Might be real double vision or it might be just astigmatism or the brain, eye muscles trying to return to normal function, balancing. Try the central fixation, shifting on details ad David describes with both eyes, then that right eye, then left, then both eyes. Then practice a bit more with right eye. 1-2 min. Did you do a test on the astigmatism chart?
Have you noticed this before or after practicing Natural Eyesight? If it occurred after, its probably a symptom of eyesight improving; correcting, reversing blur, astigmatism.

Read about astigmatism in Dr. Bates magazines; its nothing to worry about; it can be cured easy and also many people has experienced it; it changes, cures itself.
Usually due to one or more eye muscles more tense while others are less tenses or relaxed. With practice all will relax, work together.

This question has been discussed in other posts; others on here had it, cured it. Look up double, multiple images, vision..

Clark

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download