MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
need advice

Poll: what should i do
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do nothing
0%
0 0%
Do eye excersises
100.00%
4 100.00%
Do john yee's ortho c
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice
Hi i have had myopia since 4th grade and have has vision changes of around -1d per year. I am 15 and have around -4.5d. I am woundering what type of myopia i have(physilogical or pharalogical). Is this comdition i have serious enough to prevent a career in the military or possibly get retnal detatchment? I have been doung eye excersises for a couple of days now. I do feel strain on the corners of my eyes. My eye doc gave me -3.75d glasses whitch i try to wear as leasy as possible. Any advice on how to improve my vision or stop my vision decrease
Is it possible for my vision to bottom out in 2yrs ? I am thinking about john yees ortho c. Is this a good idea? Sorry about the spelling. Thanks.
I'm in no position to give advice, wait till someone with more experience replies, David,clarknight or Nancy.

About the military I think you're required 20/20 vision (correctable) in one eye and 20/100 (correctable)...Don't worry you're fine In this department, just means you have to wear your glasses.

About what to do, in short go with bates is my opinion... I don't like to call it 'eye exercises', because its more like chilling on a sofa and trying to learn a card trick if you catch my drift...... Maybe not Big Grin

You have years before you go into the military right? I'm from UK so it might be different... Good luck with bates, go for it bro!

Btw for all you americans, Ron Paul 2012.

P.S (Edit) : ortho C stuff, I advice against it from what I gather its not very permanent...
Try Bates before you get your eyes operated on, which can't be reversed. What have you got to lose? Do some more research, and don't give away your choices or power over your body to others so easily.
I think that the bates methoud might be the best. I tried doing the excersize where you streach your eye in one direction until you cant do it anymore. I do this and i get a slight pain (like stretching a mussle) in my right eye but not my left. I think that this is because back a couple of months ago, the left lense of my glasses popped out and got lost. My dad ended up using the left lense frim a weaker pair on the newer glasses. I have like a -.5d difference between both eyes because i think that my brain uses the right eye more. (Right?). Im kinda overreacting but when i look at some of the effects of having high myopia (-6d +) its scary stuff like retnal derachment, glacoma,...etc. on the question about the millitary vision reqiremnet i believe you have to have -8d or less vision or you need a waiver from the millitary ( about.military.com) because -9d + glasses distort your vision slightly( wiki). Then again i might be wrong because like 35% of american is myopic. Can someone tell me wearther i have phisilogical or pathological myopia? Thanks for the advice.
Stretch* you're eye? I don't exactly know what you're doing but its not bates method...
Wait.. read over the forums the 'exercises' In short are:

-Central fixation....
-palming
-swinging
-shifting
-sunning

Read bates book 'perfect sight without glasses', you can read e-book on this site

If you want help I don't mind talking over Skype or something... Cuz I don't exactly what exercises you are doing and bro..its painful because your not doing ot right..

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now